This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor

The Hulk BR didn't work so we just skipped it and watched Thor. I enjoyed it much more than the first viewing.

Toy Story 3

I think I prefer this to the second one, or at the very least they're tied in second place. The ending is especially emotional.

Comment

3>2 anyday TS2 is decent but the weak link in the trilogy.

Spider-Man: Homecoming
      Another rewatch and I'm very set with the film now in terms of where my minds at. It's fine but if I have to be honest it's very flat as an experience, not in the top end of MCU movies, and whilst I'll happily ride with anyone who's pleased by the interpretation of Spider-Man (though the tech in the suit robs the character of a lot) I'm just not sold on Holland's Peter Parker. An element is definitely an over-reaction to not wanting to explain the characters back story. Overall, Maguire is still Spider-King.

Peter Rabbit
      The Earth's molten core would consume Enid Blyton's remains she'd spin so much in her grave as to burrow down there if she saw this film. It's light and kind of washes over you but at the same time it's a fairly heavily b*****disation of the books.

Thor: Ragnarok

Oh, the big one. The final film we'd yet to revisit leading up the Avengers 3 and the one we'd had the least interest in seeing again. That being said, knowing what to expect, it played a lot better second time out. It's absolutely not amongst the MCU's best thanks to the lack of weight given to almost anything in the film but I can appreciate it's reactionary response to Dark World even if I still find it an over-reaction.

Comment

Beatrix Potter doing the spinning there, dude.

Pacific Rim Uprising watched this evening. Dumb fun all round. Less enjoyable than the first, with nowhere near enough kaiju action, but I did enjoy it for what it was.
        Last edited by prinnysquad; 04-04-2018, 23:11.

Comment

I never was a fan of the books!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            Pacific Rim Uprising watched this evening. Dumb fun all round. Less enjoyable than the first, with nowhere near enough kaiju action, but I did enjoy it for what it was.
            It's proper tat, isn't it? Just disposable fluff that blatantly panders to the Chinese box office.
            I was grinning throughout, though, which is kinda the point.

I did like the Kaiju twist at the end!

Comment

Thor: Ragnarok
              Even my wife commented that there was too much comedy. I enjoyed it and really look forward to watching it again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                3>2 anyday TS2 is decent but the weak link in the trilogy.
                The fact I can't choose between them on account of not remembering much of note in TS2 says I agree with you

Comment

Fat And Furious

Something like that. It's the one where the posters are in some icy place but it begins in Cuba.

I gave up an hour in and decided I'd rather sleep instead. It's during that scene where they hack loads of cars. Some defense minister is in a car with a gun on top and Charlize Theron told one of her Asian minions to look for Vin Diesel's reflection in a car. Helen Mirren said the f-word. The Rock coaches a girl's footy team which is bloody adorable and one of the few highlights. Jason Statham can do no wrong. Rubber bullets. Uniqlo's website is so slow on my iPhone so I gave up and will buy my jeans tomorrow. Tyrese wanted a orange car from a black man with a white beard that he called black Santa. I wanted to see cgi Paul Walker but just looked on YouTube it's quicker. Wife said don't worry go to sleep, we can watch it tomorrow. F that. I'm gonna rent John Wick 2 instead. Two people from game of thrones here. Sonso sleepy now had alcohol at diner and my heads all mushy sweet dreams guys

Comment

Yeah it's a pretty great film. Better than I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      It's apparently been in decline in cinemas too over the last few years. It's likely only lasted so long there due to the amount of people willing to pay for it in order to watch a film at a preferred time slot. Give it another couple of years and it'll likely be gone altogether.
                      I think it's partially the cost. You pay for 3D tickets for 2 people, it's like paying for normal tickets for 3 people.

What makes it worse is that cinemas all bumped up in cost £1.50-2 when the 3D projectors came in, supposedly to finance the upgrade. Well it's ****ing financed now so bring the prices back down!!

Comment

The Light Between Oceans - man what a depressing film, a reminder the Fass can actually act when he feels like. Not enough of legends Jack Thompson or Bryan Brown. Alicia did a decent accent.

Comment

I watched American Gangster last night. It was pretty good but felt really long.

Comment

FF8 continued

The ice bit was decent. Statham with the baby echoed that old Babycart and Styx series. Loved Helen Mirren playing his mum. Charlize Theron was ice cold. One funny bit was when they were checking out the Russian base with binoculars. It was CGI so looked like an MGS cutscene

Comment

Couple on Netflix.

Shrooms, which is terrible and boring. I started to fall asleep.

And The World's End, which is likeable as hell but clumsy as futch, I reckon it would have been miles better if it didn't have THAT twist in the middle, I mean W.T.F.

Frost n Peggy are really great, it's just it doesn't really work towards the end and it's not really that funny, more just amazingly loveable.

Oh man the twist stopped a lovely warm movie being ace for me, knaarmeean?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                I watched American Gangster last night. It was pretty good but felt really long.
                                I still have this to watch, I got the Special Edition from a charity shop for a quid, it probably adds 43 mins.

But better 70s black gangstaz than Gandalf for 4.5hrs in the extended LOTR editions I suffered.

Comment

Working...
                                X