Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following Civil War, we watched Spider-Man Homecoming last night. My wife hadn’t seen it and declared it easily one of the best Marvel movies she has seen (she has seen all of them now). It is really enjoyable. Lots of heart, it has focus, humour, drama and some really cool sequences. And one of the best endings to any movie. The one thing it definitely has over almost any other Marvel movie is a good antagonist. Someone we can understand and related to. Keaton was superb.

So yeah, a very good movie.

Comment

Just a shame Stark is such a knob.

Comment

The Accountant

This was really good. Good story and great action. My one criticism is that they tried to do a bit too much in the 2 hours.

Comment

I am the pretty little thing that lives in the house.

Wasn't really feeling it. I have no problem with arty films. My fave film ever is Fire Walk with Me, but this didn't seem to go anywhere or do anything that wasn't signposted in the first minute.

Comment

Me and our youngest have been working our way through all of the Harry Potter films. I was never drawn to Harry Potter back when it was fresh and new but when we started reading the books I really warmed to it. The film series starts out in a fairly conservative manner with the first two films, then slowly matures as the characters do, going to deeper and darker places. I think my fave in the series is probably Prisoner of Azkaban, with it's almost Universal horror vibe in places ... plus, Gary Oldman and David Thewlis are in it.

As I said, I was fairly dismissive of Harry Potter back when the films were big news, championing the Lord of the Rings films as something far better, but they're not. Apart from the first one they haven't stood the test of time for me. Whereas, as a series of films the Harry Potter saga follows a really nice curvre, told thoroughly and unhurried. I've really enjoyed getting lost in them, sharing the journey with my boy

Comment

Died of boredom last night watching The Danish Girl. I am now dead.

Comment

Oh I really liked The Danish Girl. Was dragged to the cinema to watch it and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Comment

Happened upon The Shawshank Redemption, even having seen it a million times it sucked me in again. Great movie.

Comment

Watched Alpha Papa again. I'm a pretty big fan of Partridge but didn't love AP when I first saw it ... then I recorded it over Christmas when looking for the new programme and just got round to watching last night it. Much better second time round. Colm Meaney is a genius piece of casting.

Comment

I watched Prevenge the other night. Just as darkly comic and twisted as you would expect from Alice Lowe. She's not only written and stars in this one but she has directed it too.

Comment

Just got to the The Lost Boys on the big screen. I love that movie so much. It was a real treat.

Comment

Watched this weekend while the Mrs is away...

Get Out - went in completely blind on this one and glad I did. Figured out what was going on really early but brilliant movie nonetheless. Reminded me of an extra long black mirror episode.

Blade Runner 2049 - Missed this at the movies as I knew my Mrs would hate it. Borrowed it on UHD 4K disc off a mate and used the Dolby Atmos app on Xbox One to try it out. Absolutely amazing from start to finish... As good as the original? Dunno, it's close but I can happily say it fits in nicely as a sequel and that's a rare thing these days.

All in all a successful weekends viewing.

Comment

Starting watching The Punisher (series) on Netflix, well bored about fifteen mins into second ep so stuck Filth on instead.

I read the book about twenty years back and remember the main character seeming not very James McAvoy-like, he's a great actor but I really didn't imagine the main geez in the original to be all good-looking and youthful, I instead read a disgusting, ravaged sleaze.

It was unfilmable, anyway, and it's one of those Brit movies that likes to cover up its cracks with choonz it considers edgy in the same way Chris Evans thought he was edgy in the TFI Friday days. It's not great but if you haven't read the book at least it's mad enough to be fun, I still enjoyed watching it. And it has Frank Sidebottom in it.

Comment

Bright

Started off not liking it but was won over halfway through. 8/10

Comment

So last night I decided to watch A Cure for Wellness, quite ironic as the actual cure for wellness was to not watch this film.

Comment

Working...
                                X