X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Charles Bronson was the man.
    I watched '10 to Midnight' a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Bronson definitely starred in a few dodgy B-movies, but he helped to make them watchable
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 27-12-2018, 19:09.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I'm about to watch "Guns Girls Gambling" (prime). Wish me luck. Christian Slater is always a winner for me. I'll watch True Romance afterwards (dvd)
      Last edited by charlesr; 27-12-2018, 21:27.

Comment

Rewatched the Wonka remake and it's just as poor as I remember.

Depp misses the mark with how he portrays Wonka: A loser and wierdo.
        Burton is constantly making things more weird than is necessary.
        The whole backstory with a young Wonka in freakish braces is totally unnecessary.

Ironic that the first Wonka film upset Dahl so much he refused to license any films based on his books until The Witches, but this really strays from the source material.

There's never a moment of joy or wonder like the book and first film.

Songs are worse too.

Comment

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake is without a doubt the worst movie I've seen in cinema. Its the closest I've come to walking out. Burton had been making consistent crap before this but he real Fs it up with that film.

Comment

Apart from Blair Witch project

Comment

Watched yet ANUTHA Horror Channel special off the Sky box, P2. It's been on that Sky box for aaaaages, the synopsis makes it sound so crap, basically it's 'one woman versus a psycho in a basement car park at Christmas'. It sounded like one of those super cheapo things they have on there, with a plot like that, two actors and a car park, I was expecting a movie that cost $50000 to make and looked it.

But it was a bit of a gem. Yeah. I could watch it again, it had a very 80s ethos and effective practical gore, which is used sparsely but effectively. A fantabulistic crushing by car this movie has and it's all really quite decent.

P2. Tape it if it's still on, you might like it, I was expecting total turd tbh.

Comment

And the final scene is the most beautiful, wintry thing I've ever seen, it's lush as ****.

All I was thinking was "I wanna be THERE!!!" Swoony.

Pity rest of movie can't really channel Xmas well. Kinda hard I guess tho, with it being set in a four-level subterranean car park

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  As a Charles Bronson super fan, I’ll fight you right now!
                  Me too. I have about 90% of his movies on bluray, right up to his last film on a German dvd where he is clearly very ill (Family of cops III). Kinjite is a great movie and I love the DW films too. There are a few clangers though and I am not too keen on his really early stuff.

Comment

Mr Majestyk is legendary!

Comment

I'm watching True Romance right now and browsing the forum. At the exact moment I read your post, Drexel says "Charlie Bronson. Mr Majestyk"

Comment

Definetly.

Mill Creek have published this 4 movie collection on bluray (2 discs)

You can import it for a bit less but this is stilll excellent value. A few lesser known movies, but they are mostly decent prints and hard times is worth the price alone. Oh, and it’s Region free

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          I'm watching True Romance right now and browsing the forum. At the exact moment I read your post, Drexel says "Charlie Bronson. Mr Majestyk"

Synchronicity!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            Definetly.

Mill Creek have published this 4 movie collection on bluray (2 discs)

You can import it for a bit less but this is stilll excellent value. A few lesser known movies, but they are mostly decent prints and hard times is worth the price alone. Oh, and it’s Region free

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHARLES-B...wAAOSwq8VbTlfz
                            Yes Hard Times is wonderful too, I love that film so much, so wonderful slow pacing, all the backdrops are amazing, great fights, but a real gentle film at the same time. I think both of mine are german blu rays. I've lost count of how many times I've seen those two.

The Stone Killer is a classic 70s cop action movie too.

Comment

Just got back from seeing Bumblebee.

S'aaaalriiiight.

First TF film since the first at the cinema 11 years ago!

Firstly, the robots are great. They've finally nailed the updated look but with respect to the G1 designs.
                              Plenty of recognisable faces and a couple of new ones.
                              This was my issue with the Bayformer films and they've finally fixed it.

CGI is flawless (almost) and is really impressive.

Plot is a bit all over the shop with pacing.
                              Earlier scenes showing the lead character struggling to fit in with cliché bitchy alpha girls are fine but later on, when she's found a giant, sentient, transforming robot, you'd think those things would melt into unimportant trivialities.

There's a couple of fun scenes that seem incongruous to the overall goings on.

It was a film about giant robots fighting and it was a fun distraction.

Comment

Dunkirk. Jeez-oh, i'm not convinced it was the best film, but those last 40 minutes were harrowing. We named our airbnb after my wifes uncle, who was an absolute hero, both a Dunkirk and Normandy veteran we sadly lost at 99 years old. I watched it trying to get it in my head what he went through. Couldn't. The man never stopped smiling, never sat and told you what he'd survived, just always happy to have you.

Heroes.

Comment

Working...
                                X