Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard the recreation of the event is pretty accurate, even down to the drinks cans being the same.

Comment

Extract with Jason Bateman, Mila Kunis, JK Simmons, TJ Miller, Kristen Wiig...
      I was expecting a mediocre comedy. I'm still waiting for the comedy part. Oh wait, the movie has finished.

edit: oh and A Wrinkle in Time was boring too.
      Last edited by kryss; 05-01-2019, 16:36.

Comment

Watched Skyfall for the first time tonight. It was decent but not a golden glowing Jesus turd like most made it out to be at the time. It's good, though. I just don't think the threat was that threatening, simply combine Max Zorin from A View To A Kill and Mr Deltoid from A Clockwork Orange in a test tube and that is what emerges.

But it's very classy but still all murky. And the Aston Martin....oh god so lush.

I just think Craig needs to do an EPIC, flashy thing, a Spy Who Loved Me sorta thang. Though I haven't seen Spectre yet...maybe that's like The Spy Who Loved Me???

Gut says no but I will tape it when it's on next. And then I will have seen all the Bond fillumz.

Comment

I watched Bird Box on Netflix last night. Thought it was really poor. A promising opening that then cuts back to what is effectively prologue for most of the movie. Horridly overwritten and felt like some old Stephen King TV adaptation. An interesting concept that it seems the writer couldn’t make work so then had to introduce inconsistent elements in order to get a longer story out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            I haven't seen Spectre yet
            We were watching Spectre on NYE and I spent half an hour thinking it was Skyfall

I kept telling my wife Bond would be flying to the deserted island with Javier Bardem any minute.

Even worse, we started watching just as the camera was on a guy in a skeleton costume and I said straight away “this is Spectre”. I was right, of course, but I thought Spectre was Skyfall. I must’ve remembered the shot from a trailer.

Confused? Yep!

Comment

"guy in a skeleton costume", you say??!!!

Got me cravin' some Baron Samedi voodoo action now. In the swamps.

You've got me believing Spectre is gonna channel Live And Let Die and I now have mad expectations for it.

I hope that guy with the hook-hand returns, he was as cool-arse as Sir Roger Moore and you can't really say that of (m)any.

Comment

Rewatched Inbetweeners 2 tonight and it does come across as an obvious cashgrab. Too much toilet humour and the **** on the face was over the top. Would have been funnier if they did what happened on Kevin and Perry and cut away just before. The only bit that made me laugh was the bit where Jay tells a mum that Simon was a paedophile cause I was never expecting it when I first saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  "guy in a skeleton costume", you say??!!!
                  Sorry to get you excited, but it’s just a skeleton painted onto a suit

Comment

The bastards!!!!!!

Comment

Saving Private Ryan - first time I've watched it again since watching it at the cinema. At the time I think the spectacle is what made the biggest impression ... whereas this time it was nice to soak up the story and characters. The spectacle still smacks you round the chops ... and much as I remember that first 20 minutes it was the last hour that really packed a punch ... not only a phenomenal set piece but the characters where much more familiar and cared about at that stage.

Kudos too to the 4k UHD release. Possibly the best I've seen. And heard. Seriously, the rumble of those Panzers was phenomenal.

True story - at the cinema, when Barry Pepper's character sniped the dude in the bell tower, some meathead in front had an involuntary reaction ... bellowing (in a proper Boro accent) '***ing get out!' with zero emotion in his voice. I'm not sure he even knew he did it. But some receptors fired and out it came ... for the whole auditorium to hear.

Comment

Probably should have locked this 2018 thread about a year ago.

2019 here:

Comment

Working...
                        X