Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you know I was only goading you, we'd have a blast and I'd enjoy tearing into it with you, but I just can't fathom why the Wachowskis would choose to waste a commentary track with people who add nothing to the experience.

It's more like watching it with an unfunny Statler and Waldorf...

Comment

You're right, watching it with you and Dogg Thang would be like watching it with an unfunny Stadtler and Waldorf.

Comment

A Star is Born

Really enjoyed this!

Comment

I watched Society (1989). I think this was another one that [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] banged on about so I sought it out. It was...um...wow. That ending

Cool film. Love weird grimey schlock like this.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I watched Society (1989). I think this was another one that [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] banged on about so I sought it out. It was...um...wow. That ending

Cool film. Love weird grimey schlock like this.
            Just in case you haven't, then how about Bad Taste and Braindead?

Comment

I haven’t but know of them. Will get onto them. Btw [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION], I was just jesting with you in case that wasn’t clear

Comment

I'd DEFFO watch both the titles Charles mentioned. But I watched one in a similar vein tonight...'Stitches', starring Ross Noble.

It's very gory but in an unappealing way, mainly, very graphic but the fx are kinda wack and the tone is all over the shop. It's Troma but not as well-lit. Though there is a great expanding head effect which is the best effect in the movie.

It's just not very good, really. Silly, silly film but I never laughed once, kinda a chore but with lots of gore.

Comment

Forgot to say it's about a killer clown who gets accidentally killed by a group of kids at a party and returns from the dead six years later to exact revenge.

It's not as good as it sounds and I'm pretty sure Psychoville was made before this and had a better sinister clown.

Comment

Stitches was awful. I ffwded through most of it. It makes Uwe Boll stuff look decent.

Comment

Yeah, it was well crap, weren't it?

Truly gash. What was he thinking??? I'm not even a fan but he occasionally amuses me and seems to be an intelligent, abstract guy.

I guess it must've sounded REALLY good on paper.

Comment

Also thought the bit where the gay guy gets his head split open in the pantry was well-weird, big hole in head and brains exposed, Ross Noble scoops em out with an ice cream scoop and it's basically three little rubber stress balls that look like brains, like almost perfectly round. It's just odd. And quite brutal tbh, the guy's supposed to be like 16 and he's getting his head can-opened open and it's almost brutal in a Cannibal Ferox type of way *THEN* the brain stress balls are scooped out of the head, basically three typical stress balls.

Whut. Da. Fokk.

Bizarre, found that scene real weird but probably gonna be most memorable moment of it I'll have!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Btw [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION], I was just jesting with you in case that wasn’t clear
                          We know that and also you're invited if we ever watch movies together.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            Just watched The Hateful Eight on Netflix. Absolute bloody rubbish.

Really couldn't see the point of the movie nor thought the movie did, they just put loads of crap in a stew and hoped it'd taste nice. And it's very loooooooong. Jesus.
                            What? You you don't like self indulgence? You don't like a condescending narration?

Comment

If he used an ice cream scoop, you'd expect the brains to be round?
                              [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION], of course we know, mate.

So, I finished off the Matrix trilogy with Revolutions last night and it's still disappointing.
                              My biggest grief is the death of characters you've invested in for the previous two films and seen saved from certain death for no reason.

The other issue is, that aside from the dock fight, the action is pretty unsatisfactory.
                              The nightclub fight is fun and running on the ceiling was nice, but it just felt a rehash of the Lobby Fight (destructible pillars).
                              The Super Burly Brawl is definitely eye-popping, but as soon as they start flying, it turns into Super Smash Bros./Newton's Cradle.
                              It loses the feel of risk that the likes of the train station, Burly Brawl and truck top fights all have.

I tried to watch the extras about the Burly Brawl, but fell asleep as I keep staying up late watching these films!

My order is still 1>2>>>>>3, but if I were to put any film on, it'd be Reloaded because of the Burly Brawl, Chateau Fight, Highway Chase and saving Trinity.

My ending would be Neo flying to the computer city, beating Smith in the Matrix (in a decent, grounded fight) and then, as he leaves, trips up on the power cable that powers the machines and they all simultaneously switch off, so the humans win.

Ergo, concordantly, vis-à-vis.

A bit like this:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                My order is still 1>2>>>>>3, but if I were to put any film on, it'd be Reloaded because of the Burly Brawl, Chateau Fight, Highway Chase and saving Trinity.
                                Its a shame that Matrix Reloaded wasn't more of the fighting on the highway and chateau (i.e the well-choreographed scenes with lots of practical and less CGI). It boggles the mind when these parts are quite strong and the CGI parts look considerably dated now.

Oh well, perhaps with the forever rumoured fourth entry they'll return to predominantly practical set pieces and keep the CGI to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X