This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I love The Shining and was hyped for Room 237 but thought it was utter hogwash.
    I'm glad it's not just me.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I'm glad it's not just me.
      Yeah I couldn't get through it all and turned it off. I appreciated the 'making of' parts which showed some interesting things about the way the set was laid out etc, but the theories were just bolderdash.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        Yeah I couldn't get through it all and turned it off. I appreciated the 'making of' parts which showed some interesting things about the way the set was laid out etc, but the theories were just bolderdash.
        They really were utterly ridiculous. Surely they were spoofing......

Comment

I went to an early screening of "Stan & Ollie". Great performances, sets and costumes plus some sad and very funny sequences. I happen to love L&H as well as Coogan so enjoyed every minute of it

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing Stan and Ollie

Just watched the Criterion release of Sex, Lies and Videotape. Such an amazingly cool film, and so mature from such a young film maker. Great performances from MacDowell and Spader too. Brilliant.

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing Stan and Ollie

Just watched the Criterion release of Sex, Lies and Videotape. Such an amazingly cool film, and so mature from such a young film maker. Great performances from MacDowell and Spader too. Brilliant.
              Criterion - good to see another connoisseur of quality bluray releases on the forum; do you partake in any twilight time, olive or indicator releases mate?

Comment

Indicator make straight bangers. Wolf, Fat City, Body Double - all gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  Criterion - good to see another connoisseur of quality bluray releases on the forum; do you partake in any twilight time, olive or indicator releases mate?
                  I only have Body Double on Indicator ... definitely need to keep an eye on their output. Not ofay with the other two. Any real standouts you'd recommend?

Comment

I only have Body Double on Indicator ... definitely need to keep an eye on their output. Not ofay with the other two. Any real standouts you'd recommend?
                    Here’s my twilight time collection

They usually have a 3 year exclusivity release, before other publishers can pick them up for release (many of these are over that release date now), limited to 3000 releases worldwide. Video quality is exceptional.

Comment

Just come back from seeing Mary Poppins Returns. A bit bumpy to start (basically didn’t feel much until Mary appeared). About 3 really good songs and the rest ok. Just not as good as the original but overall a very good sequel attempt, Mary was the best if not as strict as I’d like (the actress looked like she was loving every minute of it.)

There is one bit in the movie that I think blew the rest of the film out the water and, with out it I would have said it was good not great. Some design bits in it were top quality, better than any live action Disney/ remake/ sequel I have seen ( which I have not seen many as they all looked full or wrong)

I would definitely recommend if curious but I think I enjoyed it the most because there was so many surprises in it as I had not looked into it at all. Definitely one to go into blind.

Verdict? 7.9/10. I would watch it again, I think it helped the atmosphere that it was a packed cinema. A bit long though, everyone needed the loo!
                      Last edited by Blobcat; 23-12-2018, 16:45.

Comment

I watched Enter The Dragon last night for the first time since about 1992. We taped it off the telly back in the earlyish 80s and me and my bro watched that E-180 tape like sixty times.

And, tbh, I found it quite gash. I still remembered too much, it was almost like I was sick of the sight of it.

Although I did forget Roper kills (potential spoiler ahead) ***o Yeung. In recent years, in my mind, it's melded into Bruce killing ***o. But he kills O'Hara as well as Han. He can't kill EVERY ****er!!!!

Comment

PS Trainspotting 2 just turned up on Netflix. I've been waiting to see it ages.

I'm not expecting brilliant. But it's gonna be my Xmas afty sherry movie tomoz.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            PS Trainspotting 2
                            Preferred it on Saturn.

Comment

Saw The greatest Showman for the first time. Instantly way better than Mary Poppins Returns but less fun. Better music but less Christmassy movie to watch with family but must get the soundtrack for.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                I watched Enter The Dragon last night for the first time since about 1992. We taped it off the telly back in the earlyish 80s and me and my bro watched that E-180 tape like sixty times.

And, tbh, I found it quite gash. I still remembered too much, it was almost like I was sick of the sight of it.

Although I did forget Roper kills (potential spoiler ahead) ***o Yeung. In recent years, in my mind, it's melded into Bruce killing ***o. But he kills O'Hara as well as Han. He can't kill EVERY ****er!!!!
                                Get your coat, and close the door on your way out.

Comment

Working...
                                X