Mario Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I think for your number 2, QC, there is a point at which some of us need to make our peace with knowing when to bow out of a game. I don't mind that I didn't get all the moons here. What I played was amazing. With Zelda BotW, I felt the ending wasn't great and the DLC was a stinker and so I didn't complete it but the main bulk of what I played was incredible. And I'm okay with not having got 100% of everything.
    Who the HELL do you think you're kidding?

As I lay my head on the pillow at night and close my eyes, do you not think I can hear that final Crackdown agility orb mocking me with its thrumming sound? Do you think I don't suffer PTSD flashbacks of trying to liberate the plane bonus level on Veteran difficulty in CoD4? One more level to complete EDF 2017 on Inferno, but the ants, oh, the ants! You want me to complete a Braid speedrun? I did everything they asked of me, but GTA IV still won't unlock the Key to the City achievement!

These things will forever haunt me.

I am the Ghost of Gaming Yet-To-Come, Dogg Thang:

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Would Odyssey have been a better game if it hadn't had the post-game stuff? I don't know. Maybe?
    I dunno either, to be honest.
    Sometimes I love it, other times it feels like it's reading short novella but some extra chapters at the end with challenges like "Find how many time the word "moon" is written in chapter one!"

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      Keep trying. I never had a problem with that part personally. Probably had 30 runs before nailing it. Patience is key.
      100%. I actually got past the part that was giving me grief for the first time yesterday evening but then died on the 8-Bit DK section. But it's classic Mario in that it has that quality of you never being annoyed with it because of the quality of how it is executed. I know I'm very near the end so will stay patient and see it through.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed completing the game at launch, but I'm in no rush to sweep up all the moons ASAP. It's nice to be able to dip in for any amount of time and find something new to do. I'm the same with Zelda.

Comment

Finally done and dusted a moment ago. All 999 Power Moons collected.

Feels great!

EDIT: Feeling like a bit of plum for only now just finding out that I could've

used the Glydon to skip half of the Darker Side and get straight to the end

but hey, I did it legit!
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-08-2018, 23:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            EDIT: Feeling like a bit of plum for only now just finding out that I could've

used the Glydon to skip half of the Darker Side and get straight to the end

but hey, I did it legit!
            They didn't patch that out? Then I guess the rope jump and Darkr Side frog exploits are still in place.

Comment

Well done @Nu Eclipse.

All you guys moaning there are too many moons, you're not playing it properly. I want 999 moons on my desk by Monday morning.

Nah, I know what you guys mean. They're not all great. I took a long break between hitting 500 and completing the Darker Side and going back to get the rest. It was nice to have that additional content to come back to, to have that reason to keep playing, but a lot of them are pretty non essential. I think there's an argument that it would be a better game without them, but I enjoyed doing them all.

Comment

I'm not sure using Cappy to perform the skipping rope challenge is an exploit. More an easier (cheaper if you like) way of doing it.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]!

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  They didn't patch that out? Then I guess the rope jump and Darkr Side frog exploits are still in place.
                  The Darker Side frog exploit definitely got patched as far as I can tell.

Not sure about the jump-rope glitch but I'm pretty sure that the Glydon skip still exists. Could be wrong though.

Comment

The original jump rope glitch got patched but a later one (letter glitch) was available till recently. I used it. Like a dirty cheater.

Comment

Just finished the main story and it was magic all the way But even with that done and dusted it seems there's still plenty to do. Fantastic game. Loads of brilliant ideas. Zero filler. If there was a score poll I'd be giving it a 10/10.

Comment

I never finished that last level. IT’S TOO HARD! But yeah, what a game.

Comment

A year on since playing it last I'm about to start another play-through. My old completed save still has moons to get. Plenty of them. But I want the journey again. This is probably my favourite Mario game since World.

Comment

Working...
                          X