No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always awesome to see the updates QC, good work!

Comment

2019 locked in nice, chances of never bothering with EDF5 continue to rise

Comment

Even I'm thinking the same, tbh, Supes.

If they'd released EDF5 in a timely manner, I'd be all over it (@vanpeebles "awl o'er it"), but it's taken them over a year to release it in the West (7th Dec 2017 in Japan, 11th Dec UK).

I don't think I could play such a time hungry game now, when I have RDR2 on the go (and a zillion others in the wings).
        I'm loving the First Play updates though, so may get it yet.
        Especially if it hits a sale. £40 standard seems a bit steep, let alone the £62 deluxe.

I might be ready by the time Iron Rain comes out.

I'm liking the look of it and there's a lot of polish going on.

Love this recent gameplay footage with the Wing Diver.
        Look how her jetpack's thrusters move and pivot as she flies around, then fold up when she lands.
        Little details but it's looking good.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 29-11-2018, 12:30.

Comment

Arl ower!

And how dare you backtrack on the new EDF!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
            Arl ower!

And how dare you backtrack on the new EDF!
            Are you going to get it? Or will you carry on playing World of Tanks?

Remember, there's no physical release to add to your collection!

Comment

I said I would

Comment

This looks GOOD!
                I've picked up 4.1 on PS4 and enjoying the offline mode lots in co op. Will definitely get that download only EDF5 on release date, if anyone needs a sidekick?

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

April 11th 2019 in Japan!

Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain will launch for PlayStation 4 on April 11, 2019 in Japan, publisher D3 Publisher and developer Yuke’s Media Creations announced. 

"Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain will launch for PlayStation 4 on April 11, 2019 in Japan, publisher D3 Publisher and developer Yuke’s Media Creations announced.

The game will be available in the following editions:

Standard Physical and Digital Edition (7,800 yen)
                    • A copy of the game
                    • Physical Edition First-Print Bonus: Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable-style Infantry costume set (two helmets, upper body costume, and lower body costume)
                    • Digital Edition Early Purchase Bonus: Pale Wing eight-color costume set (for both female and male characters)
                    • Digital Edition Pre-Order Bonuses:
                    • “Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain T-Shirt” costume
                    • “One Man Army” costume
                    • “Sailor Uniform & Pleated Skirt” costume
                    • “GK-Predator” exclusive weapon (two types)
                    • “Credits & Gems” in-game currency

Digital Deluxe Edition (8,800 yen)
                    • A copy of the game
                    • “PT-Pythagoras” special weapon (two types)
                    • “PR-Shaman: special support weapon (two types)
                    • “Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair Logo T-Shirt & Logo Emblem” set
                    • “Earth Defense Force 5 Logo T-Shirt and Logo Emblem” set
                    • “Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair” costume set (one per each class: Ranger, Wing Diver, Fencer, Air Raider)
                    • “Earth Defense Force 5” costume set (one per each class: Ranger, Wing Diver, Fencer, Air Raider)

Digital Ultimate Edition (10,800 yen)
                    • A copy of the game
                    • “Riho Futaba” transmission operator (voiced by Yuuko Gouto)
                    • “Credit & Gems” in-game currency
                    • “PT-Pythagoras” special weapon (two types)
                    • “PR-Shaman: special support weapon (two types)
                    • “FX-Trial Blazer” special weapon (two types)
                    • “MR-Geo Needle” special weapon (two types)
                    • “Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair Logo T-Shirt & Logo Emblem” set
                    • “Earth Defense Force 5 Logo T-Shirt and Logo Emblem” set
                    • “Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair” costume set (one per each class: Ranger, Wing Diver, Fencer, Air Raider)
                    • “Earth Defense Force 5” costume set (one per each class: Ranger, Wing Diver, Fencer, Air Raider)
                    • “Wrapping Bus (Dream Club)”
                    • “Wrapping Pick-Up (Natsuiro High School)”
                    • “Wrapping Car (Bullet Girls Phantasia)”
                    • Additional Mission Pack – The Season Pass for additional missions to be released at a later date. They will feature previously unseen enemies and new weapons / armaments."
                    Last edited by QualityChimp; 20-12-2018, 20:05.

Comment

Suspicious of "“Credits & Gems” in-game currency"...

Comment

I’m afraid that your EDF credentials have been revoked!

Comment

We'll see about that, Mr. World of Tanks.

News and looooads of pics:
                          D3 Publisher has new information and screenshots for Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain introducing the Prowl Rider Soldier class.

Prowl Rider

The latest PA-Gear, based on prototype gear developed by the Kindred Rebellion which was obtained, analyzed, and completed by the EDF. This gear stands above the others with the astonishing mobility of its wire-powered “E-Needle” ability, and the “G-L.I.A.R” ability that can be used during Overdrive to deploy a giant creature. However, the experience of a truly seasoned soldier is essential in order to effectively control the oft erratic E-Needle, and harness the potent G-L.I.A.R.

Essentially a living tank, a G-L.I.A.R. is a giant creature controlled using the Prowl Rider’s E-Needle ability, which sends neural pulse waves after linking to the giant creature’s nerve fibers. The concept of “domesticating” the giant creatures was initially devised by the Kindred Rebellion, with the EDF later rushing to begin their own research into it.

G-L.I.A.R. (Ganglion-Linked Intelligent Aggressor Reinforcement)

—Specimen No. 1: Storm Ant

The first G-L.I.A.R that the EDF mobilized in actual battle. Essentially a living tank, a G-L.I.A.R. is a giant creature controlled using the Prowl Rider’s E-Needle ability, which sends neural pulse waves after linking to the giant creature’s nerve fibers.

This specimen is a Storm Ant that was plundered from the Rebellion’s base along with the Prowl Rider technology, and is currently the EDF Science and Technology Bureau’s top research priority. After repeated field testing, G-L.I.A.R. is now being used by the Blast team, but much of its control mechanism remains shrouded in mystery, with some calling it a “black box” that could go wrong at any time. All we can do is trust the bug geek…err, tech expert that EDF Science sent with it, who claims it is a “kind and gentle creature.”

Comment

39:56 to get to some actual footage.

Comment

This really reminds me of Insect Armageddon. The pace of the action, the style of the locales, the shape of the dropships, the size and form of the ants - it’s all very familiar.

Comment

Boxart revealed!

Comment

Working...
                                X