Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain

Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain is not being developed by series creator Sandlot, but by Yuke’s, an Osaka-based studio likely best known for its recent work on WWE and UFC games.

Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain is expected to hit PlayStation 4 sometime in 2018.

TGS 2017 Trailer:

TGS 2017 Gameplay:

Theme Song:

All those EDF updates gone. You and [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] must be like broken men as well as Charles!

Comment

It's OK because I'm either preaching to the converted or it's falling on deaf ears.
      I just enjoy sharing the excitement.

Comment

How are the adverts shaping up for this installment?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          It's OK because I'm either preaching to the converted or it's falling on deaf ears.
          I just enjoy sharing the excitement.
          I enjoyed the updates but I went to the dark side with an Xbox One X. The power just overwhelmed me. I'm weak I tell you, weeeeeak!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            I enjoyed the updates but I went to the dark side with an Xbox One X. The power just overwhelmed me. I'm weak I tell you, weeeeeak!!
            Well EDF 2017/3 is backwards compatible on the One now, I guess.

However, you'll need a PS4 if you want to play 4.1, 5, Iron Rain or Wing Diver the Shooter.

I'm not angry with you, Yakumo, just disappointed.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            How are the adverts shaping up for this installment?
            Aside from the trailer and some TGS2017 gameplay, not much else has been released.

It's looking pretty gritty, though. I like it!
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 09-01-2018, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Well EDF 2017/3 is backwards compatible on the One now, I guess.!
              Nah, that's no good. We need EDF 4 on back compatability. That's the one my son and I have sank hundreds of hours in to.

Comment

ディースリー・パブリッシャーは本日,2018年に発売するPS4用TPS「EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN」の概要を公開した。本作は「地球防衛軍」シリーズの新たなタイトルで,外宇宙からの侵略者に襲われた地球を舞台に,本部を失いゲリラ的な抵抗戦に徹するEDFの物語が描かれる。

A bunch of photos and info here (if you translate).
                Looks like there are cockroaches in this one.

Sidirios
                A mysterious gigantic creature that appears descending from the sky like a meteorite. A huge huge body holds more energy gems than other giant creatures in its body. However, he is very ferocious and agile, and has a fighting ability to destroy the building with a single blow.

An invasion weapon that looks like a scooper giant. In the beginning of the war, it was released around the world and destroyed many cities. Currently, most of them are inactive. But when a battle is done in the surroundings it restarts and a horrible killing machine that does everything possible until destruction of humans.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 17-05-2018, 11:15.

Comment

Iron Rain has been delayed back to 2019.
                  EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN Another EDF is on its way

Footage from 9:45

Comment

Not a surprise, I'm getting to the point where I'll be wondering if EDF5 has had the same fate

Comment

Comment

Trailer 2.
                        Looking mint!
                        Spiders, spider spawn, monsters, Godzilla, trpods, mechs, shields, armour boosts, scorpions, bomb cockroaches waaaaaah!

Comment

WANT.

Comment

I enjoyed the gameplay footage too.

My favourite bit was at 2:30 where he steals a car and hoons it into a Hector's leg!

Comment

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/...128-edfir.html

(Translated text)

What is "a research" carried out at the Kindred Rebellion underground facility ... ....?

"EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN" scheduled to be released in PlayStation® 4 in 2019. It is a work that becomes a new EDF different from the numbering Earth defense army series so far that the Earth in which the earth civilization was destroyed by an aggressive creature is a stage set.
                              This work which is an action shooting which attracts story development different from conventional work. In addition to the invader 'Aggressor' from the different star and the EDF (Earth Defense Force) to which the hero belongs, there is a third group of armed group 'Kindred Level' in this work as you reported previously (For details, see this article ).
                              However, their research facilities say there are huge ants that do not strike people with astonishment.
                              What on earth is this ...?!?

Breeding of giant creatures by Kindred Leveling. Apparently it seems to be gathering valuable resources, gems, from the tamed giant creatures.
                              Kindred · Rebellion succeeded also in breeding storm ant weapons!

In addition, Kindred Rebellion has added to research the technique of manipulating the aggressor biological weapon Stormant. Does the threat of gigantic creatures with people also tangle to EDF?

Storm Ant Scout

Storm Ant controlled by PA gear which Kindred Red Levelion independently developed. It is remotely controlled by embedding a special pheromone and a control device that delivers electrical pulses in Stormant's brain and further improving physical abilities by stimulating the cranial nervous system.

They have made a special paint on storm ants, differentiating themselves from enemy gigantic creatures. In addition, the sources of technology to manipulate this gigantic creature are said to be known only by some executive members among them.

Just like the aggressor Stormant, in addition to attacks with huge jaws, strong acid attacks are also overpowered. Moreover, because the physical ability has been strengthened, the ferocity is also increasing.
                              In the depths of Leveling's underground facility, we found a dubious gigantic egg! In addition, enemies outside the standard emerge!

The blast platoon of the EDF to which the player belongs will advance their underground facilities deep inside the battle. In the depths of the cave ahead of the facility, the troops find objects like eggs of giant creatures, and encounter a flock of giant creatures that attacks to protect something .......

The unit eventually discovered huge wells leading to the deepest part of the cave. Blast platoon that starts descent ... .... Witness the figure of a huge creatures ...

Queen ant

Queen of gigantic creature that produces Storm Ant. The total length is over 50 meters and it has the largest size among insect type giant creatures. It usually hides deep in the ground and never comes out of the nest and there is no direct damage. However, it can be said that it is a threat which is regarded as the top priority "subject of disinfection" in order to burn hundreds to thousands of eggs a day.

I have feathers, but I can not fly freely because of a giant, and its movement is slow. However, its huge body just jumps around, bringing enormous damage to its surroundings.
                              Publish the newly revealed aggressor invasion weapons!

Of course the real enemy is not Kindred Red Levelion. The one to be beaten is the EDF's, aggressor which is the enemy of mankind, its gigantic weapons and gigantic invading creatures. Let's introduce the threat currently known with the latest image.

Very large invasion weapons · raid ship

A huge flying object with a total length exceeding 200 meters. The part which seems to correspond to the bow and stern has a front-back symmetrical shape, but the marking in the center of the main body differs in front and rear (left and right?). From circle and triangle markings it releases huge creatures and invasive weapons one after another.

Raid ship is thought to be an enemy transport ship, but since it emits more aggressor than the mass of the raid ship itself, it is presumed that the essence is not "transport from somewhere else" rather than transport .

In addition, the raidship itself has attacking ability and transfer function (warping ability), and the EDF is trying to cure their deadly behavior. Also, because it has a very strong armor, it is considered impossible to destroy with mobile firearms.

Ultra Giant Living Organizers

Boasting a gigantic body that is over 60 meters in height, it is a super-mega-creatures like a monster in a fiction. I was witnessed that this enemy, a crucial carazol that I introduced earlier, released a powerful electric shock from the back, so let's tell with that image.

Plasma attacks from the mouth, discharge from the back, and veal monkey that attacks just like monsters. There are also reports that surrounding electronic equipment temporarily stops functioning due to electric shoots he discharges.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN "full of anxious elements, such as the trend of the third power that only" premonitory feeling "no matter how you think about using huge creatures of enemies. Keep an eye on future developments!

------------------------------------------------
                              EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN
                              · Publisher: D3 Publisher
                              · Format: PlayStation 4
                              · Genre: Action TPS
                              · Release date: 2019 schedule
                              · price: undecided
                              · number of players: undecided
                              · CERO: Scheduled for review

Comment

Working...
                              X