• Show
Clear All

Next-gen launch figures land for France

01 - PlayStation 4 - 113.6m
    02 - Switch - 61.4m
    03 - Xbox One - 48.3m
    04 - PlayStation 5 - 475,000
    05 - Xbox Series S/X - 58,000

for France the PlayStation 5 launch has been the most successful launch of a console in the countries history narrowly beating the Switch

Comment

Only a snapshot but in the UK boxed sales chart Cyberpunk 2077 has dropped to third place

Comment

Sales of Nintendo Switch in the UK during 2020 are reported to make up nearly 50% of all hardware sales in the union for the year.

The link also includes some weekly hardware figures for Japan:

Nintendo Switch - 312,121
        PlayStation 4 - 17,876
        PlayStation 5 - 10,632
        Xbox Series S/X - 98

Which shows there's no risk of Japan being turned around on MS's system.

https://screenrant.com/ps5-sales-4-million-xbox-series-nintendo-switch/https://www.statista.com/statistics/208983/unit-sales-ps4-worldwide/
        https://www.vgchartz.com/article/446797/global-hardware-week-50-2020/#:~:text=The%20Xbox%20Series%20X%7CS%20is%20in%20i ts%20fifth,to%20bring%20their%20lifetime%20sales%2 0to%202%2C009%2C716%20units.

Searching around the updated lifetime sales figures seem to be:

01 - PlayStation 4 - 114.2m
        02 - Switch - 68.3m
        03 - Xbox One - 48.7m
        04 - PlayStation 5 - 4.2m
        05 - Xbox Series S/X - 2m

Comment

There isnt a Series X to be had anywhere. Everywhere is permanently sold out. I mean, I dont think they would be selling brilliantly even with enough stock, but there must be some others who would like one but cannot find one.

Comment

With 2.5m units sold Ace Combat 7 is now the franchises most successful entry

Comment

Excellent news about AC7. Hopefully this keeps the franchise going another round with a nice PS5/SX version 🙂

Comment

Nielsen’s digital gaming industry research company SuperData has confirmed that CD Projekt Red’s “Cyberpunk 2077” had the biggest digital launch of all time. More interestingly though, the report for December 2020 indicates that the extended refunds being handed out due to the game’s performance problems didn’t substantially affect aggregate sales with 10.2 million digital units […]

Cyberpunk 2077 breaks sales records despite the backlash

Comment

It's that time again as Nintendo updates its worldwide sales figures amongst other game figures:
                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/nintendo-raises-switch-sales-forecast-after-monster-holiday-quarter/ar-BB1dheG4

01 - PlayStation 4 - 114.9m
                  02 - Switch - 79.87m
                  03 - Xbox One - 48.7m
                  04 - PlayStation 5 - 4.95m
                  05 - Xbox Series S/X - 2.8m

As of 31 December 2020 the highest selling Switch games are:

01 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 33.41m
                  02 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 31.18m
                  03 - Super Smash Bros Ultimate - 22.85m
                  04 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 21.45m
                  05 - Pokémon Sword/Shield - 20.35m
                  06 - Super Mario Odyssey - 20.23m
                  07 - Super Mario Party - 13.82m
                  08 - Pokémon: Let's Go - 13.00m
                  09 - Splatoon 2 - 11.90m
                  10 - New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe - 9.82m

Luigi's Mansion 3 has tipped 9m also, Ring Fit Adventure is approaching that figure, Mario 3D All-Stars is at 8.32m, Paper Mario has passed 3m, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity has nearly hit 3m and Mario Kart: Home Circuit sold 1.08m.

Comment

Comment

10m in the last 6 months alone? Ffs.

Bought and played it on release on PS3 and it feels like we’ll never get another

Comment

Yep, we're deep into the territory of wondering who still hasn't bought it yet. I might be wrong but I think Take Two have been releasing 4-5 games per year for a bit now and apparently plan 93 in the next five years so I wonder if they finally expect the gravy train to end this gen.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          10m in the last 6 months alone? Ffs.

Bought and played it on release on PS3 and it feels like we’ll never get another
                          Including me, I know 8 people who've bought it in the last 3 months!

Comment

For a portable WiiU the Switch has absolutely crushed it i have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Including me, I know 8 people who've bought it in the last 3 months!
                              You know how I feel about this QC. And I'm not happy.

EDIT: Incidentally, how had you not played it till now?!

Man, I remember how excited I was to get it on release day back in 2013. It didn't disappoint either. Superb game, I must've sunk 100+ hours plus easily. Literally two gens ago now

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                You know how I feel about this QC. And I'm not happy.

EDIT: Incidentally, how had you not played it till now?!

Man, I remember how excited I was to get it on release day back in 2013. It didn't disappoint either. Superb game, I must've sunk 100+ hours plus easily. Literally two gens ago now
                                I talk about it a lot because I know it upsets you!

Yeah, I had it on 360 and put hours into it.
                                Before I did the second mission, I swam around picking up all those money cases and did the serial killer mission.
                                I stopped at the mission where you kill some company owner and can play the stock market when their shares plummet, but it got a bit complex, lost momentum and stopped playing. Might try to finish it, now.

I bought it again, literally 2 gens later, because during lockdown, my friends and I are playing co-op games together.
                                We played RDR2 Online together and really loved it, but it felt like something was missing, like robbing banks, so we tried GTA Online when it was on sale (about £12?) and it's been brilliant.
                                The Forest, Dead Island and WWZ were also awesome, but we're starting to run out of options.

Mainly avoiding playing with peasants, it's been great.
                                The heists were tense, the races a rush and I've laughed so much my ribs have ached.

Definitely £12 well spent, even though I know it upsets:
                                A. People who hate casual CoD/FIFA/GTA people
                                B. People who want GTA6, but know it won't happen unit we stop giving R* money

Thought people loved retro games round here?
                                How can a game 2 gens old not be retro?

Comment

Working...
                                X