No announcement yet.

GCD2: Games Chart Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be interesting if that was a factor, if it were then it paints a very troubling issue for Xbox in future

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://twitter.com/GIBiz?ref_src=tw...5Es1_&ref_url=

Apparently Resident Evil: VIIIage sold 49% of its UK physical copies on PS5 and 31% on PS4 with Xbox platforms making up 20% making an interesting stat. Sales however are down 25% on Resident Evil 2 Remake and 40% on Resident Evil 7. It's 76% higher than Resident Evil 3 Remake however.

New Pokemon Snap apparently fell in sales by 63% and Returnal dropped hard with an 84% freefall in sales.
      80% PlayStation
      20% Xbox.

As a game developer, who put time and money making it play on 4 different XBoxes, would you feel this turn out was worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://twitter.com/GIBiz?ref_src=tw...5Es1_&ref_url=

Apparently Resident Evil: VIIIage sold 49% of its UK physical copies on PS5 and 31% on PS4 with Xbox platforms making up 20% making an interesting stat. Sales however are down 25% on Resident Evil 2 Remake and 40% on Resident Evil 7. It's 76% higher than Resident Evil 3 Remake however.

New Pokemon Snap apparently fell in sales by 63% and Returnal dropped hard with an 84% freefall in sales.
        I'm not surprised Returnal sales fell so hard its a very Niche game with a £70 price tag, if the ps5 wasn't so dry on the releases front i doubt it would of sold as well as it did. Its a very harsh game and not just in how it plays, its lack of a save game adds to its unfriendliness, you cant pick it up and play it for 30 minutes you need to give yourself a good solid slug of time or you might as well not bother.

Comment

If this thread used changeable subtitles like the politics threads do I'd have gone with 'Returnal to Sender'

Comment

GTA5 should be the main takeaway here but I'm personally just taking solace that Take Two are still referring to Bioshock as though it's an active key franchise.

Comment

Can we put a forum ban on anyone here buying gtaV? I mean they’ve had enough money now. Time for it to die.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Can we put a forum ban on anyone here buying gtaV? I mean they’ve had enough money now. Time for it to die.
                Is it like some gaming right of passage do you think? something must explain the way its sold solidly for 8ish years. i have a 14 year old son and its just starting to be discussed amongst his circle of friends in hushed tones the oldest of the group who is 15 has a copy of it on his PC.

This amazing coveted forbidden fruit that they have been talking about in the playground since age 11 is now within reach. Its sad as they all spent last year in Lockdown playing mine-craft online together and built this crazy intricate village, i guess its all murdering prostitutes and buying Lap Dancing clubs from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  Is it like some gaming right of passage do you think? something must explain the way its sold solidly for 8ish years. i have a 14 year old son and its just starting to be discussed amongst his circle of friends in hushed tones the oldest of the group who is 15 has a copy of it on his PC.

This amazing coveted forbidden fruit that they have been talking about in the playground since age 11 is now within reach. Its sad as they all spent last year in Lockdown playing mine-craft online together and built this crazy intricate village, i guess its all murdering prostitutes and buying Lap Dancing clubs from now on.

It's an interesting thought and makes sense. It's kind of the same thing that Nintendo have always relied on, a constantly flow of new kids to keep Mario Kart in the charts for a decade at a time. Except instead of lighthearted japes in the Mushroom Kingdom it's running over pedestrians and watching a woman give a blowjob to your character in exchange for crystal meth.

Comment

Switch hardware sales in Q1 are up 12% on the previous year whilst PS5 is now outselling XSX 2:1 with lifetime to date sales of both systems mirroring that of their predecessors suggesting a few months in both consoles are currently on track to continue their brands status quo

Comment

I’d argue that ps5 is outselling SeriesX a lot more than 2:1 seeing as MS seem to think its fine to class 2 different consoles as the same.

Switch momentum is just unbelievable.

Comment

I’d argue that ps5 is outselling SeriesX a lot more than 2:1 seeing as MS seem to think its fine to class 2 different consoles as the same.

Switch momentum is just unbelievable.
                        Software is king it would seem and Nintendo has a really attractive library on the switch at this point and a really decent price point with the switch lite.

Comment

Well, it has a few games that are selling by the container load, ton of WiiU ports and not that much else. Zero big hitters on the horizon. Lockdown fuelled this Switch madness, not the best line up ever seen.

Even still, its an undeniable success and more importantly, fantastically profitable for Nintendo. My hat goes off to them for yet another come back.

Comment

Well, it has a few games that are selling by the container load, ton of WiiU ports and not that much else. Zero big hitters on the horizon. Lockdown fuelled this Switch madness, not the best line up ever seen.

Even still, its an undeniable success and more importantly, fantastically profitable for Nintendo. My hat goes off to them for yet another come back.
                            Animal Crossing, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Mario Odyssey, Luigi Mansion 3, Pokemon Snap 2, Astral chain, Monster Hunter Rise, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Paper Mario ect are just eh tip of the iceberg of decent exclusives that never appeared on the WiiU

Then theirs the third party stuff, the indie stuff and all the wiiu ports that make up the rest of its library, nothing on the Horizon? how dare you call a breath of the wild sequel and a new Metroid nothing

Comment

I just want something I'm truly interested in, I think Luigi's Mansion 3 was the last game that qualified for me which was 19 months ago now. Paper Mario was good but that series has been a little under par for a few entries now. Going forward it's literally BOTW2 for me and that's a complicated proposition unless it significantly advances on from the last game. It honestly does feel akin to the later years of the Wii atm, an increased focus on generalistic franchises, a Zelda hitting toward the systems end and complacency from Nintendo as they sleepwalk toward the successor. It's why I'm praying DKC7 turns out to be real as Metroid and Bayonetta are vapourware at this point and every other franchise seems to be getting shuttered either via disinterest or evergreen status.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                                Animal Crossing, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Mario Odyssey, Luigi Mansion 3, Pokemon Snap 2, Astral chain, Monster Hunter Rise, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Paper Mario ect are just eh tip of the iceberg of decent exclusives that never appeared on the WiiU

Then theirs the third party stuff, the indie stuff and all the wiiu ports that make up the rest of its library, nothing on the Horizon? how dare you call a breath of the wild sequel and a new Metroid nothing
                                Awww you think Metroid is still coming out 🤣

Comment

Working...
                                X