No announcement yet.

GCD2: Games Chart Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they had had new entries for their flagship series rather than porting Wii U games, even though I can see that it made commercial sense to port them.

But nevertheless, the Switch has an incredible library. There are always games coming out that I want.

Comment

It's the lack of increased pipeline I find curious. They're not supporting two systems anymore and whilst the obvious joke is to say Switch ports or similar it's a geniune point of curiosity as to how they'll sustain a Switch successor without a prior failed console generations catalogue to fall back on to plug the schedule gaps.

Comment

I suspect that it's probably cost-cutting rather than inability that prompted all the Wii U ports. They're probably already working on some of those franchises for the next gen, but after slipping into the red for some of the last gen their investors wanted profits asap.

But the Switch has about 4000 games, according to Wikipedia, so it's not as if there's nothing to play but Wii U ports.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Awww you think Metroid is still coming out ��
          it is and i wont hear otherwise Nintendo don't cancel projects and they don't lie....... do they

After Metroid comes out where getting a massive sprawling multiplayer Starfox game with crazy space battles and, planet based missions where you can team up for multi pronged attacks from the sky with Arwings and the ground with land tanks.

Along side this they will be also bringing back pilot wings where you build your own life size cardboard LABO cockpit with multi screen display and a cardboard hydraulics system to simulate realistic movement, the bonus being that it will also work with Starfox too.

Comment

I've made great use of it catching up on indies and ports of stuff I have on PC that I haven't been through but I'm definitely starting to catch up with myself, first time in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              it is and i wont hear otherwise Nintendo don't cancel projects and they don't lie....... do they

After Metroid comes out where getting a massive sprawling multiplayer Starfox game with crazy space battles and, planet based missions where you can team up for multi pronged attacks from the sky with Arwings and the ground with land tanks.

Along side this they will be also bringing back pilot wings where you build your own life size cardboard LABO cockpit with multi screen display and a cardboard hydraulics system to simulate realistic movement, the bonus being that it will also work with Starfox too.
              My uncle works at Nintendo and I can confirm all of the above is true.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                My uncle works at Nintendo and I can confirm all of the above is true.
                But MY uncle also works at Nintendo and says its been cancelled.

Comment

Given they're hard to find the PS5 outselling Switch now in the UK is an impressive show of force

Comment

ゲーム総合情報メディア・ファミ通は、2021年6月2日、任天堂が2017年3月3日に発売したゲーム機、Nintendo Switch(ニンテンドースイッチ)の国内推定累計販売台数が2000万台を突破したことを発表した。

Nintendo Switch is now the fifth console ever to pass 20m units sold in Japan. It shouldn't take long to pass PS2 and has another 12m to take the top spot from Nintendo DS.

Comment

All three console formats are performing well in the UK at the moment, despite stock issues, with over a million sold overall in 2021.

PS5 seems to comfortably be the UK's choice as it surges ahead of Switch and S/X.

Comment

Sales of Resident Evil: VIIIage have passed 4.5m

Comment

01 - PlayStation 4 - 115.90m
                          02 - Switch - 88.14m
                          03 - Xbox One - 50.19m
                          04 - PlayStation 5 - 10.01m
                          05 - Xbox Series S/X - 6.50m

Comment

Take-Two reported today that its first quarter results were down, albeit not as sharply as it had been expecting.For th…

3 years ago Grand Theft Auto V reached sales of 95m - today it stands at 150m

Comment

Red Dead Redemption series has hit 60m copies sold, with 38m coming fron RDR2 alone, whilst the Bioshock series has reached 38m total which is impressive given it's now been two generations since a new entry was released
                              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 03-08-2021, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-first-quarter
                                3 years ago Grand Theft Auto V reached sales of 95m - today it stands at 150m
                                You'd assume this will top 200m with the impending next gen launch...

Comment

Working...
                                X