Clear All

01 - PlayStation 4 - 113.6m
    02 - Switch - 61.4m
    03 - Xbox One - 48.3m
    04 - PlayStation 5 - 118,000
    05 - Xbox Series S/X - 21,000

Comment

OK, I'm going to say it...
      MS are going in to this generation in 3rd place and their strategy is to copy the previous console?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        OK, I'm going to say it...
        MS are going in to this generation in 3rd place and their strategy is to copy the previous console?
        These numbers are Japan only yes?

Comment

Those numbers are global.

Comment

Both next-gen figures are for Japan only (only figures we have so far) and barring the PS3 launch are the lowest either company have ever posted at launch for the region. Lots of peeps saying stock limits but I'm more inclined to believe it's the continued decline of interest from that market.

Comment

According to sources the UK Playstation 5 launch was Sony's largest ever by a considerable margin. The PS4 sold 250,000 units in 48hrs meaning that that figure is the minimum that can be added to the known PS5 sales figures so far and that the new console easily coasted past the sales achieved by Series S/X. Two thirds of sold units are said to be the disc model and had stock not been restricted it's said sales would have been even higher.

01 - PlayStation 4 - 113.6m
              02 - Switch - 61.4m
              03 - Xbox One - 48.3m
              04 - PlayStation 5 - 368,000
              05 - Xbox Series S/X - 21,000

Comment

I really doesn't surprise me about the PS5. I've not seen buzz around a console launch since maybe the ps2. It's absolutely everywhere. Every gaming forum and website is talking about the PS5. Everyone wants one and no one can get one. Hell even my dad is asking me about it.

Comment

I'm curious as to what the real figures are, given Sony's silence I'm expecting that they don't want to highlight any extent of stock restrictions and we'll end up waiting till April's financials.

Comment

I'm not sure there is more buzz about these machines than some of the previous console launches. More that Covid19 has had a massively positive effect on certain spending, i.e. record spending on homes, DIY, entertainment etc. Virtually every videogame company is reporting increases in sales and revenue.

It does create an interesting question in a year or two (not specific to hardware), when the current pandemic start to subside and people start spending again on other leisure activities such as travelling etc. How will videogame companies ride that likely inevitable downturn in spending.
                    Last edited by Digfox; 01-12-2020, 13:59.

Comment

I don't think the PS5 launch has been the buzziest ever necessarily, but it's definitely up there. Echoes of the PS2 and 360 launches in the hype and shortages.

It's a good sign for the industry. PlayStation and Xbox's biggest rivals aren't each other, but non-gaming activities like YouTube and TikTok.

Comment

Didn’t Sony say they had over 5m units actually manufactured already and on their way for availability before Christmas?

Comment

Yep. It's safe to assume Series S/X has shifted at least between 1m-2m so far and PS5 presumably circa 3m+ already

Comment

From the leaks - @Credits mazi Switch - 600K PC - 536K PS3 - 529K PS4 - 445K X1 - 121K OG sold around 600k (300k~ each on Wii and PS2) https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-20-okami-hd-coming-to-playstatoin-3-this-autumn

Okami's sales figures have leaked as detailed on Era showing why Capcom keeps rereleasing it but also not building on it as a series

Playstation 2 - 300,000
                            Wii - 300,000
                            Playstation 3 - 529,000
                            Playstation 4 - 445,000
                            Xbox One - 121,000
                            PC - 536,000
                            Switch - 600,000

Comment

During November 900,000 consoles were sold in the UK, the highest selling of those was the Playstation 5 managing to beat the Nintendo Switch back into second place.

Comment

You'd think this train would be over by now but Activision have announced that World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is the fastest selling PC game of all time

Comment

Working...
                                X