No announcement yet.

GCD2: Games Chart Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest it sounds really fun playing it online the way that you have. I never tried that component as at the time I had 2Mb internet and it just wouldn't work properly.

RE: the part you are talking about in the single player, I remember that. It's a questline with Lester where it's possible to max out your cash by buying specific shares before each murder he tells you to commit. You need to follow a guide to do it correctly.

To be honest it isn't important at all. I screwed it up totally, and still made billions later gambling on the BAWSAQ (the online, randomised stock market which isn't tied to any particular missions).

Man, that was fun. I remember checking my BAWSAQ investments at work on my phone - was nothing I could do if my portfolio was crashing as they could only be managed from the PS3

What a fun game. Maybe they'll make another one...some day...

Originally posted by QualityChimp
    Definitely £12 well spent, even though I know it upsets:
    A. People who hate casual CoD/FIFA/GTA people
    B. People who want GTA6, but know it won't happen unit we stop giving R* money

I am B. but definitely not A. (except I don't play Fifa as I'm not into sports at all)

Comment

The PlayStation 5 has reportedly surpassed six million consoles sales worldwide as of the start of March – and that’s despite the shortages tied mostly to the serious global shortage of semiconductors. VGChartz (via ScreenRant) indicates that as of March 6th, both versions of the new console has sold a combined 6.08 million units – […]

Top Consoles through 9 Weeks VGCSwitch on NDS's tail.  Buffer over last year is now >1.1M.  MHR releases in Week 12 in this...

New update for console sales racing:

01 - PlayStation 4 - 115.15m
      02 - Switch - 80.79m
      03 - Xbox One - 49.9m
      04 - PlayStation 5 - 6.08m
      05 - Xbox Series S/X - 3.94m

Comment

01 - PlayStation 4 - 115.15m
        02 - Switch - 80.79m
        03 - Xbox One - 49.9m
        04 - PlayStation 5 - 6.50m

Comment

Despite stock proving near impossible to get hold of the PlayStation 5 was the UKs highest selling system for the second month in a row. XSX came in second with the Switch in third though Nintendo's handheld is selling more this year than last year so a win all round.

Comment

In the US, Spider-Man: Miles Morales has outsold The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima's lifetime sales

IO claims this year's entry is the commercial and critical highlight of the trilogy.

Good news for IO as well as it emerges that Hitman 3 has outsold Hitman 2 by a whopping 300%

And I very rarely link to Era but as the source this time is the site itself:

State of the market March 2021 consumer spending across video game hardware, content, and accessories reached a March record $5.6 billion, 18% higher when compared to a year ago. First quarter consumer spending totaled $14.9 billion, 30% higher than 2020's first quarter. Hardware March video...

Apparently in the US first quarter the Switch was once again the highest selling console whilst the PlayStation 5 is now the countries fastest selling console of all time both in terms of units sold and dollars spent

Mario Kart 8 is also now the US's highest selling racing game ever.

Comment

*The US Dollar figures have been converted from Japanese Yen with exchange rate provided in Sony fiscal reports Source 1 / Source 2 Major records broken / milestones reached this quarter or fiscal year by PlayStation : (most of these below have a dedicated graph later in the thread)...

Hardware update thanks to Sony

01 - PlayStation 4 - 115.90m
              02 - Switch - 80.79m
              03 - Xbox One - 49.9m
              04 - PlayStation 5 - 7.80m

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.resetera.com/threads/son...s-sold.416886/
                Hardware update thanks to Sony

02 - Switch - 80.79m
                03 - Xbox One - 49.9m
                The Sega dreamcast and Saturn sold around 10 million. The PS5 has almost reached that in 6 months and WITH limited supply.

Comment

Which makes my eyes roll even harder when it comes to the last fortnight or so's glut of Youtuber vids of people going 'I'm worried about Sony'

Keep baiting those clicks guys, it'll only get called out down the line

Comment

Despite how it appears I assume this means shipments are picking up

Comment

Note: - M = Million (or rather 10^6) - There is no Wii U/3DS data here due to the work required to add it in. - I've added links to all the earnings releases and supplementary data for each financial year. - There is regional data that might be off by 0.01M units, I've checked it and I can't...

Nintendo's latest FY results are in and Nintendo Switch has passed 20m units sold in Japan.

The systems top selling first party games lifetime sales now stand at:

01 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (35.39m)
                      02 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (32.63m)
                      03 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (23.84m)
                      04 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (22.8m)
                      05 - Pokemon Sword/Shield (21.10m)
                      06 - Super Mario Odyssey (20.83m)
                      07 - Super Mario Party (14.79m)
                      08 - Pokemon: Let's Go (13.28m)
                      09 - Splatoon 2 (12.21m)
                      10 - New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (10.44m)
                      11 - Ring Fit Adventure (10.11m)
                      12 - Luigi's Mansion 3 (9.59m)
                      13 - Super Mario 3D All-Stars (9.01m)
                      14 - Super Mario Maker 2 (7.15m)
                      15 - Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (5.59m)
                      16 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (5.49m)
                      17 - Clubhouse Games (3.14m)
                      18 - Paper Mario: The Origami King (3.12m)
                      19 - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (3.7m)
                      20 - Pikmin 3 Deluxe (2.03m)
                      21 - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (1.52m)
                      22 - Mario Kart: Home Circuit (1.27m)

The companies operating profit for the year is the highest ever achieved by a console maker.

Updated lifetime sales for the system also:

02 - Switch - 84.60m
                      03 - Xbox One - 49.9m

Nintendo sold 28.83m units in the last 12 months and expects another strong year ahead and in the year after with a slight decline in unit sales year on year. None the less in the coming 24 months Nintendo expects to sell just over another 50m units for when the system completes its sixth year on the market which would rest it at that point on 135m. The systems sales rate currently almost exactly matches that of the Wii meaning Nintendo should achieve it's aims as long as it doesn't lose focus as it did with the motion controlled console. Their only hardware to outperform the Switch currently is the Nintendo DS.

Comment

The SeriesX/S must have sold more then 3.9 million. They sold out of the seriesX and seriesS are still shifting.

Comment

It's such a pity we've lost the posts from around October 2016 to February 2017. Would have been fun reading all the posts proclaiming that the Switch was DOA.

Comment

A lot of the XSX figures will be down to how shady MS is about disclosing them. All the chatter so far seems to be that the system is selling in line with what the XBO did and that supply constraints are hitting them harder than Sony too so it'll be hard to get a clear picture of demand till supply eases up

Comment

Incredible figures for the Switch. 16 million more and it will have topped the Wii.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                The SeriesX/S must have sold more then 3.9 million. They sold out of the seriesX and seriesS are still shifting.
                                This is combined figures as well. Would be i interested to see what SeriesX has done alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X