X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Scary Stories" Sequel Is Still Coming - Dark Horizons

Comment

"13 Ghosts" TV Series In The Works - Dark Horizons
      A 13 episode series remake of 13 Ghosts is being worked on which would be 13 episodes long, each focused on a different ghost and directed in a different style with AR components also

Comment

Tony Todd Returns For "Final Destination 6" - Dark Horizons

Comment

Paramount announced a sequel to the horror hit 'Smile' and shifts its 'Mean Girls' movie musical from a Paramount+ release to theaters.

Smile 2 has been dated for 18 October 2024

Comment

Studios Vying For "Halloween" Franchise - Dark Horizons
            Miramax shops around the franchise for another reboot

Comment

Blumhouse Has New "Friday the 13th" Ambitions - Dark Horizons
              Blumhouse reiterate that their biggest ambition is to restart the Friday the 13th franchise with an approach that would be back to basics

Comment

Releases on their Youtube channel in 10 days

Comment

Blumhouse Takes Risks On "Freddy's," "Exorcist" - Dark Horizons
                  Making it sound like it being a financial success is impossible, Blumhouse has confirmed that they have paid $400m upfront to make the new trilogy of The Exorcist sequels. They will recieve no back end profits also and if this weeks release The Exorcist: Believer fails at the box office the studio has to make the following two films in any circumstance.

Five Nights at Freddy's is acting as the back up plan with the $20m budgeted film having already made its money back just via the sale of streaming rights.

Comment

Miramax Planning A "Halloween" TV Series - Dark Horizons
                    Miramax have won the bidding war to take on the TV series rights for Halloween as well as retaining the movie rights to the franchise. The company have already confirmed that they plan to make projects in both forms and to launch.... The Halloween Cinematic Universe

Comment

V/H/S VII has been greenlit to release next year and will focus on sci-fi horror

Comment

I am a mad horror movie junkie and I try to watch one a day and then do a little writeup over on Letterboxd - https://letterboxd.com/Marcus74 - so am glad I found this thread

For October I have been mainly doing rewatches, and hope to get in 31 by the end of the month. Out of this, I have found another elusive (what I consider to be) 5/5 movie, and that Is Carrie (1976). Have seen it a number of times but this time round it really hit me just how perfect this movie is, and Sissy Spacek's performance really stuck with me since. Other great rewatches so far have been 10 Cloverfield Lane (I just LOVE that ending!), The Evil Dead (1981) and Dawn of the Dead (1978).

I would say I am very much desensitized when it comes to horror having been watching them ever since I was in my early teens (so nearly four decades) so I was really impressed by how uncomfortable The Autopsy Of Jane Doe made me feel, I have to give it credit for being an actually scary movie. I had a soft spot for All The Boys Love Mandy Lane and time hasnt changed that, i really enjoyed that slasher and I cant lie, Amber Heard was fricking hot in it

I am still undecided as to whether or not I will include Martyrs in this schedule, my wife has never forgiven me for convincing her to watch it. If I do decide to watch those French nasties that came out around the same time, I would have to watch what I consider to be the best, High Tension.

Next up is though is what I expect to be another of those 5/5s, An American Werewolf In London, a movie that I have not seen for a good while but have always adored.
                        Last edited by marcus; 14-10-2023, 18:04.

Comment

Martyrs is mental when it came out a buddy and I watched it on a recomendation from a friend, when it ended my mate shot up out if his seat in a foul mouthed tirade about being recomended this god forsaken movie. Deffo left an impression.

Been trawling through a few oldies on Laserdisc, managed to eye Psycho over the course if a few nights (late night films and newborns don't mix), now onto The Exorcist.
                          Last edited by Baseley09; 16-10-2023, 15:27.

Comment

Similar Martyrs experience here; friend who'd seen it at a festival made reference to it on social media, casually describing it as one of the bleakest things he'd seen while letting people know that it was now showing at the ICA. Didn't think too much about it, bought a ticket for myself and my partner at the time out of curiosity, and well, that one was on me. No plans to ever watch it again.

Generally have never thought of myself as a horror fan - mainly as I don't particularly enjoy being on edge - but I am slowly coming round to the idea that some types of horror do tend to open up some creative avenues that I do enjoy. Recently things like Infinity Pool, Mandy, Green Room and Barbarian have really impressed me. I also watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Suspiria for the first time this year, neither of which were what I'd expected of them, and loved them both? I think I might have to accept I am more of a horror fan than I'd realised.

Comment

"Blood and Honey" Director Teases Sequel - Dark Horizons
                              Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey 2 remains on course for release on 14 February 2024 and will add Tigger who enters the public domain in January

Comment

Dougherty Teases "Trick 'r Treat 2," "Krampus 2" - Dark Horizons
                                Filmmaker Michael Doherty says that nothing is officially happening on it but he has an idea for Krampus II
                                Trick r Treat: Part II however appears to be starting to move along

Comment

Working...
                                X