Never Ending Horror II: Takes Manhattan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never Ending Horror II: Takes Manhattan

Miss Ash? This should hold you over until next month. One of the first things we learned about the third season of Starz's "Ash vs. Evil Dead" is that

We're back in new threads and we open up the new Never Ending Horror thread with this preview for Season 3 of Ash vs the Evil Dead that will see Ash reunited with his estranged daughter

*Nods appreciatively at the subtitle*

Comment

Verizon’s go90 streaming service has ordered two new live-action comedy series from Warner Bros. Television Group’s digital studio Blue Ribbon Content (BRC). The most notable is “Critters: A New Binge,” a series adaptation of the cult classic feature films about small furry aliens with big teeth. The original was effectively a sci-fi knockoff of the […]

Critters is being rebooted as a TV series

While many cinematic universes being built these days are planned well in advance, some are a bit more spur of the moment. M. Night Shyamalan surprised people with “Split” when an end credits scene revealed that the film is set in the same universe as the filmmaker’s “Unbreakable” movie. Now there’s talk of another crossover […]

And Blumhouse won't cross out a pointless crossover of Insidious and the fairly dire and dead Sinister series

Comment

I've never seen Critters, so I'm not particularly precious about it. It's the kind of average 80s film Hollywood should try improving rather than remaking gold stuff.

Did you see the other bit of news at the bottom, Supes?
        "The other series on the way is “Golden Revenge” which follows three pets out to get even with the people that left them for dead in a heartwarming animal tale that quickly turns into a quest for bloody vengeance. Tom Stern will direct in addition to co-writing with Josh Gardner with both slated to executive produce."

That could be quite funny!

Comment

Could be, I'm always quite wary of stuff focused on animals in the lead as the delivery rarely lands. Especially with this which sounds like some sort of lower budgeted horror comedy movie than a series supporting idea. It'll probably end up being like Look Who's Talking Now with Blood

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            It'll probably end up being like Look Who's Talking Now with Blood
            ...and your problem is...?

Comment

Critters movies...gave a young Leonardo DiCapro a major role. They kind of felt like a poor man's Gremlins From Space though.

Comment

Last year’s “Jigsaw,” the eighth film in the “Saw” franchise, proved a hit – pulling in over $103 million worldwide from a $10 million budget. While it’s the second lowest grosser of the series, it’s still a hit and so it comes as little shock that Twisted Pictures is reportedly considering a ninth film in […]

Jigsaw ultimately grossed $103m off a $10m budget which made it the second lowest grossing entry in the series but at the same time still highly profitable for the studio. Therefore, shock of shocks, word is that work has now begun on Saw IX

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Critters movies... They kind of felt like a poor man's Gremlins From Space though.
                  The 'Critters' franchise celebrated it's 30th anniversary last week! Here are 10 facts you may not have known about the kooky films!

"The script was actually written before Gremlins came out, and had to undergo extensive rewrites to reduce the similarities present between the films

You know how I called Critters a Gremlins ripoff? Turns out, it wasn’t! Stephen Herek, the director of the first film, maintains that co-screenwriter Domonic Muir wrote the script for Critters long before Gremlins went into production. It just took the success of Gremlins to get New Line Cinema to make the damn thing."

Comment

I watched Carrie for the first time ever this week (which is a crime seeing as I'm partial to both Stephen King's and Brian DePalma's other works). What an amazing film ... I was properly glued from start to finish. I knew minor a thing or two about the story (you get to know the iconic scenes over the years, even if you never sit down and watch the movie) but what I didn't know is what a tragedy it is. So emotional how the prom scene unfolds. Brilliant film making and a brilliant turn from Sissy Spacek.

Another cracking release from Arrow too.

Comment

Agreed, it's a brilliant film. Her mother is a bit cartoonish, but aside from that it's brilliant.
                      The opening few minutes in the shower go from awkward and voyeuristic to really painful to watch.

The ending is great though and the use of splitscreen was really clever.

Any tasty new extras on that Arrow release, Atticus?

Comment

I've only watched a few of the extras so far and they're older ones. Worth a look but nothing mind-blowing as yet. I'll work my way through everything in time. As with most Arrow LE releases the book is nice, full of essays and stuff.

Here are all the extras as listed on the back of the box, plus a pic of the front, just because the new artwork is ace

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I've only watched a few of the extras so far and they're older ones. Worth a look but nothing mind-blowing as yet. I'll work my way through everything in time. As with most Arrow LE releases the book is nice, full of essays and stuff.

Here are all the extras as listed on the back of the box, plus a pic of the front, just because the new artwork is ace

Thanks so much for that. You've no idea how annoying it is when buying from a website and you want to see what special features a disc has and it just needs a clear shot of the back of the box.
                          Usually there are just two pictures and it goes like this:

"Ooh Blade Runner 2069 is coming out! I wonder what the special features are?"
                          PICTURE 1:

PICTURE 2:

Comment

Very true

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Blade Runner 2069
                              Is that the rude version btw?

Comment

Working...
                              X