• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no split screen? Ok cheers

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Oh no split screen? Ok cheers
      Yeah, no split-screen at all.

The original game had a limited two-player mode, but that was using the TV for one person and the WiiU gamePad for the other, and it was a very basic mode which didn't really get the best of the game.

Comment

Can't believe they expect to buy 2 console. Still a decent game? Never played them. Looks good on videos. Fun. How accessible is it for kids?

Comment

Very accessible and very fun. I've just been sidetracked from it for the...last...year...

Comment

Still hunting huh?

Comment

Can't believe they expect to buy 2 console. Still a decent game? Never played them. Looks good on videos. Fun. How accessible is it for kids?
              Typical Nintendo. So very fun, very accessible, and a ludicrously high skill ceiling. 60fps locked.

Turf War can be played casually. Ranked mode gets a little more stressful as ranking is at stake, but then that's where the proper modes are such as king of the hill, ride the tower, etc. There's a 4-player tower defence type mode on Salmon Run that opens up at designated intervals. You can play this mode to unlock tokens and other bits.

The single player is fun and very inventive, but quite short.

It also has a very good soundtrack.

Comment

Still hunting huh?
                More Stardew Valley right now tbh.

Comment

Just completed the Octo Expansion. A few stages in the tube to complete but I've reached the end of the campaign and made the Octolings available for multiplayer.
                  I'm very happy with the expansion, although there have been a few frustrating moments...as I was playing handheld all the time during those moments I felt like biting down on the Switch. No kidding.
                  Anyway, after collecting the four objects in the tube stations there are a few stages left and those are the real highlight of the expansion and push the everything at Splatoon 2's disposal to the limit. At times those limits are felt as the game isn't the most refined platformer, but I wouldn't mind another expansion with even more levels like the ones in here.

Comment

So what control method do you guys use? I started with motion control and I'm still trying to stick it out, but I always try to turn left or right more than I'm allowed to. Where I should be trying to use a good mix of motion and R stick.... I think anyway. It was all going ok until I had to fight another player lol.

May go to non-motion controls.

Comment

So what control method do you guys use? I started with motion control and I'm still trying to stick it out, but I always try to turn left or right more than I'm allowed to. Where I should be trying to use a good mix of motion and R stick.... I think anyway. It was all going ok until I had to fight another player lol.
                      I use right-stick to quick turn and aim vertically, and motion to fine-tune my aim - especially when sniping.

May go to non-motion controls.
                      Don't do that. Massive detriment. There's no harm in keeping things the way they are as you can still aim with the right-stick regardless. Don't disable a well-renowned tertiary control-input, that's like modding a Mega Drive controller to play SNES SF2 with. Gyro is after all the closest you're going to get to M/KB without a mouse and keyboard.

Try turning the sensitivity all the way up. Have you added me to friends? Perhaps we can catch some matches later. I'm also still looking for a League Mode team mate.

Single-player mode will do a good job of teaching you all the moves required for versus.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 03-07-2018, 13:56.

Comment

Does anybody play this using the joy cons? I watched the Splatoon 2 championship on youtube (man, those kids are good) and they all used pro controllers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                          Does anybody play this using the joy cons? I watched the Splatoon 2 championship on youtube (man, those kids are good) and they all used pro controllers.
                          I do. There's not much between them, really. It's probably just because they can.

Comment

I've played the Octo Expansion entirely in handheld mode and played quite a bit with the 'cons before getting the Pro Pad. I do prefer the Pro Pad due to better ergonomics. Otherwise they're pretty much the same.

Comment

Several new weapons were added in yesterday's update including, finally, a new aerospray variant. As an aerospray user, I always found it discouraging that whilst every other weapon type has 7, 8, 9, 10 variants, we only ever had 2. Anyway, now we have 3. So yay.

Details: https://www.shacknews.com/article/11...12-new-weapons

Comment

Yesterday whilst looking through the screen grabs saved to my Switch, I came across a bunch of images taken when I first played Splatoon 2. I remember taking them because I was taken aback by the number of messages championing homosexuality. Indeed there were so many, I felt like creating a message saying "I'm gay too" just to fit in.

I'll show you what I mean: (bear in mind these messages are not cherry picked over a long period of time, they were all taken on the first day I loaded up the game, and that's evident by my stats in the top right)

Gay culture indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X