No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fancy carrying me through a Nightfall Strike on Grandmaster difficulty, as somehow I STILL SUCK?!?!

Comment

I don’t think my warlock will cut the mustard i’m afraid.

Comment

Glassway is a tough GM anyway...Warden of Nothing this week so LFG will be busy as it's "easy". If you download the Destiny app and just advertise for a carry.

I logged on this week after a good few weeks break to gild my Conqueror seal and work through the rest of the story. The last mission was pretty good...got me hyped for Lightfall.

Comment

Witch Queen campaign is apparently free for all to play and go through until the 26th. Nice timing for me jumping back on to this.

Comment

Well I missed the window for this as the game is now updating and installing for the Lightfall. However Witchqueen is now on sale for £12.99 so I just bought it.

Comment

Lightfall hit today. Not had a chance to play yet as baba is being fussy but I should get a few hours in at least.

Comment

Lightfall is not great, I'm on the second to last mission at about 5-6 hours of play, the whole campaign feels like a tutorial for the new strand ability's, as its Drip fed to you where new mechanics are shown off every few missions.

Their idea to focus on gun-play more and Nerf your ability's is pretty poorly implemented, as what this means is you just end up with massive bullet sponges of enemy's in the new suppression zones that are more boring than challenging. One section saw three of us having to shoot the same two enemy's for about ten minutes, it also seems poorly checkpointed, every boss has a limited revive system like the raids and if you fail on a boss it often puts you back to the start of pointless jumping sections.

New area is pretty Empty and feels very much like the neon bits of past dlc's, i really am not a fan of the new characters either, Nimbus is like some sort of Marvel reject cross between Thor and silver surfer, and i cant even remember the name of the other guy as he's in one cutscene and then

promptly dies the next time you see him, which hits for no impact as you have no investment in him as a character at all

the whole dlc seems to center around something unknown mcguffin called the Vail which isn't explained so you have no real investment in stopping the enemy getting it.

This has to be the worst content drop we have seen so far a real 3 out of 10 experience and a real mess in execution of game play mechanics and story, it carrys no weight whatsoever and coming off the back of the excellent Rasputin war mind story or the excellent witchqueen dlc this is a real low point for Destiny.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 02-03-2023, 09:55.

Comment

Someone at work said their partner picked up Lightfall and ran through it in one sitting, they're livid with what it's delivered. The conversation got me pondering over the game again though. I have the base game and first few expansions (whatever still survives of their content) and can get Beyond Light and Witch Queen for £15 which is tempting, then wait for a price crash on Lightfall

Comment

Sony really need to move people in from Naughty Dog (or literally any of their studios) and sort the in game writing out, Bungie have absolutely no idea what there doing, it’s so bad it’s almost as if it’s done on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Someone at work said their partner picked up Lightfall and ran through it in one sitting, they're livid with what it's delivered. The conversation got me pondering over the game again though. I have the base game and first few expansions (whatever still survives of their content) and can get Beyond Light and Witch Queen for £15 which is tempting, then wait for a price crash on Lightfall
                      Beyond Light is currently free with psn plus.

Comment

Is it better to pick up my old character on PC or not really much different to ditch it for PS?

Comment

Witch queen in 100% intact still as its last years DLC, its about 1000% better than the current dlc has a ton more content and a cohesive story that you can follow. I think the point of no return for destiny is right about when we got to Space Cowboy hats and space Cowboy Armour, and a dungeon that felt like a knockoff episode of Bravestar

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            Witch queen in 100% intact still as its last years DLC, its about 1000% better than the current dlc has a ton more content and a cohesive story that you can follow. I think the point of no return for destiny is right about when we got to Space Cowboy hats and space Cowboy Armour, and a dungeon that felt like a knockoff episode of Bravestar
                            I picked this up for £12.99 the other day and what I played was very good, then got excited and started Lightfall. I’ll finish Lightfall now then go back to Witch Queen.

Comment

So apparently new dlc has gone down worse than the time they announced sun setting content and got review bombed on steam, Ouch.

The lore guy for Destiny who has a massive following (my name is Byf) has just put up a video saying what a load of bobbins the story is for this DLC and that it advances and explains nothing at a point where they need to start wrapping the story up, which makes me think that this is a filler content that was never intend to be here in the first place.

Comment

Lead, balloon.

Bungies in game writers have been the problem since day 1 of D1. Nothing has changed in all that time so they either can’t be removed, or it’s a cycle done on purpose with the “promise” of just buy the next one, everything will change.

I just ignore every bit of story since I’ve started playing now, collect a few exotics, have some fun, do most the expansion and put it down.

Also, masterworking has become an absolute JOKE for resources since I last played, entirely pointless process and a waste of your time especially when it’s all sunsetted.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 03-03-2023, 11:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X