No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unjokingly, it's a surprise to me that the story aspect is such a lightning rod for people. The story didn't register with me at all on prior plays or with D1 and Bungie was never good at story in Halo either. With Destiny 2 the appeal always lay entirely in how damned good they'd made the gameplay by this point so the furore over the content length made more sense.

Comment

Apparently the guardian ranks reset after every season as well which is absolute crap.

Comment

Gone back to Europa and doing the stasis missions to unlock all the aspects? Abilities etc for that, as I didn’t feel I explored this enough before moving on to new shinny things. I really like this public space, it’s really cool, there’s stuff to explore and discover on the Exo’s and the Brays (which was sorely needed by now) and the changing weather can really make it feel like a hostile environment (which none of the other public spaces convey at all).

So year really like the Beyond Light expansion on the whole.

Comment

Still not started this up yet but caved and now have all the expansions installed ready including Lightfall. Skipping the seasons though

Comment

I’m currently doing the Lost Lament exotic quest.

Comment

Managed to finish legendary campaign yesterday, wasn’t as strong as The Witch Queen for story and had some real stinky sections that just threw bosses at you all at once.
              I think they are focusing on telling this storyline across the seasons, good for long term players bad if your just coming in for an expansion story.

Comment

New exotic quest dropped yesterday apparently, starts in Gulch on EDZ.

Comment

I played it all through on legendary for the 1770 guaranteed Armour it gives you and skipped the standard campaign dificulty, it wasn't to bad few stupid spikes then the last boss was pretty horrid. No mechanics really bar stay away from him and shoot him for 15 minutes, then shoot him again for ten minutes in a really small arena where he can one hit you with his sword. He chases you relentlessly if you die at any point and your solo its back to the start. if your with friends his health pool is massively increased too but you all get one revive each and potentially your doing 3 times the damage to him.

I'm not a fan of the limited revives they give you, nothing more frustrating than spending 15 minutes on a boss with other people using up all the revives and then they die again and that's it a wipe because you cant just leave people down as the revive timer counts you out. i ended up ditching the team i was with and going solo and getting him first time in the end ad id had so much practce.

The wipe mechanic for people being dead really sucks as it takes away those hero moments, being the last alive and completing an encounter used to be an awesome thing and you'd often get players not minding at all, but being in an activity and having the same person die over and over is a real pain for everyone.

Comment

I completed the Lament quest for the sword last night, was a good quest with some decent lore behind it, the sword is a dps beast as well, though i get the feeling its had a nerf now compared to when it came out?

Edit: I also got the Jotünn catalyst as well last night which turns it into an absolute monster, not that it wasn’t already, I love that gun.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-03-2023, 18:47.

Comment

Typical, finally got around to starting this up last night and picked up a few quests and items available at the Tower. Then that was it because it constantly disconnected from the servers. Sigh.

Comment

Did the new raid on Sunday Night well i say did i killed enemy's while the team that had spent the last two days banging there heads against contest mode took over and did all the mechanics, it really kind of sucks how they haven't managed to balance things out so ad clear isn't a roll for raiding.

What tends to happen in our clan is people that learnt how to do rolls over the course of the challenge weekend stay doing those rolls for the life of the new raid and nobody else really gets a look in. it kind of sucks that this game is so reliant on others for endgame as every clan Ive been in tends to end up where if you dont play religiously for 6-7 hours a day you kind of miss out not only on content but on team ups as everyone is massively ahead of you not just on one character but on all three.

Comment

I just don’t think the Raids will ever be inclusive, their too complex to just casually roll through with a bunch of randoms, they just don’t work well whatsoever without a dedicated team.

The Dungeons are an excellent middle ground that fill this roll well, along with the 6 man event they did on the leviathan, The Menagerie (that was a great mode).

Comment

Got the Jötunn catalyst completed at last, love my toaster.

Comment

Bungie are jacking up the Season Pass price tag by 20%

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                https://t.co/Aa0urasAK1
                                Bungie are jacking up the Season Pass price tag by 20%
                                2 quid more in the UK per quarter, the price of the yearly season pass bundle is staying the same though and has always been a cheaper way to get all the seasons for the year, You often get bonus silver (premium currency) if that's your thing too. I still think a tenner every 3 and a bit months is pretty good value for all the contet you get, new weapons, new cosmetics and story/seasonal content.

Comment

Working...
                                X