No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you play it every day the big £80 purchase for the story dlc & whole season is peanuts really.

Comment

I still have the 1000 silver that came with my Forsaken digital deluxe order (which was the last time I spent money on this dress sim trash).

Figured I'd spend it one day, get a free season, if any looked worthwhile.

But I guess I've been Bungo'd. Greedy 'lots of rude words' scum. Haha!

Comment

Well, since my solar build has been shafted by the loss of seasonal artifact perks (always a risk), I’ve been trying to build an arc titan. So far I’ve used Armamentarium on one version, and An Insurmountable Skullfort on another version. Both feel as weak as piss. It’s going to be a long season.

Comment

At least the power level wont increase again until these 4 seasons are up.

Comment

I'd love to play Destiny as the sci-fi graphics really click with me, but I feel like I've missed the boat with this.
            I picked up the core game when it was included with PS+ yonks ago I think, and they included the Beyond Light DLC.

Now I hear that The Witch Queen is included with PS+ in March 2024, I'm wondering if I can play this as a total n00b and only with these two DLC packs? I feel that people who've been playing this for a decade won't tolerate people who are still figuring out the buttons.

Second question, could I play this with some other n00b mates? Will we have a laugh or will we be constantly restricted by not having any of the other DLC from this long list the PS Store shows me?

Finally, is it actually any good. I'll be honest, I've never really got into it as it's always felt like the kind of game where they sell you the minimum viable product and then sell you the bits to actually make it good.
            Not trying to kick a hornets nest, I'm just saying what the game's infrastructure looks like to an outsider.
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 29-02-2024, 09:17.

Comment

I've had good times with Destiny in the past but it'd be hard to know where to start if diving back in. I feel like a rabbit in the headlights looking at that list.

Comment

Yeah, imagine how I feel as someone who's never played it!

Comment

If you think of destiny as a launcher for the last 5 years worth of content you are kind of halfway to understanding it, I wouldn't pick up any of the above at the moment as playing through two separate stories at the same time would be very confusing.

In game there is a really handy tracker that you can set to track a specific mission set it to the Witch queen, and it will update constantly to your next task and highlight where you need to go on in the destiny universe and what your current task is. Its super handy to do this untill you get used to how the game works the only other tip id give you is pick up bounties from the tower and from planetary vendors as these get you decent XP passively. and just use blue armour until you reach the soft cap, then infuse the highest blue you get into the best stat purple armour you have.

Comment

Also have 3000h's spare QC, and you should be fine for some basic grinding, maybe 1 or 2 exotics.

Comment

Since it launched in 2018 my time on D2 is around 2263 hours, I'm seen in my clan as having rookie numbers

There are people that live in this game but you can just do the stories and play it casually if you like, you don't have to put thousands of hours into this to try and get every weapon every armour and every title.
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 29-02-2024, 14:25.

Comment

Yeah, mainly looking for a co-op jaunt with some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Yeah, mainly looking for a co-op jaunt with some friends.
                          You can play it like that what people who grind in this are often chasing are the titles, these give you a unique tag below your name and a gold medal in your menu as well as points towards your triumph score, The higher your score the more prestige you carry as it means you most likely have played the game a lot. A lot of the harder titles to get require you to play at quite a high level in some very tricky content, because of this the game can be a little bit toxic in higher level play as clans only want the best of the best in their teams so that they can attain these titles, and waste as little time as possible getting them.

You're not going to come across this type of stuff though if your playing with friends in the story based stuff as thankfully the difficulty of story stuff is a lot lower, and you tend to avoid having to deal with the toxic part of the community. Theirs are lots of chill clans who just play for fun and just like raiding and hunting down weapons and that's where I am with it.

Destiny has its own LFG app to find people to play with, you will see people looking for raid groups that will say things like "must be level xxx" "must have xxx guns" and "must know what to do", but you will also find Sherpa runs of content with people who like taking people though the harder content and showing them the mechanics of encounters and helping them get their first raid clears.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 29-02-2024, 14:24.

Comment

In my brief sojourn with this game I found the gameplay loop extremely fun and satisfying. However the lack of matchmaking for some activities where this is the only place to get better gear was a deal breaker. The gating in the game is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                              In my brief sojourn with this game I found the gameplay loop extremely fun and satisfying. However the lack of matchmaking for some activities where this is the only place to get better gear was a deal breaker. The gating in the game is terrible.
                              The only activities that lack matchmaking are the six player raids and the three player dungeons, they are like nothing else in any other game ive played and they require a team that's working together and talking to get through> its pretty easy to find a team via the lfg built into the game and their are plenty of people willing to sherpa and help people learn raids. They would be next to impossible without being able to communicate, as you need to relay information to each other. Even in LFG you get people that don't engage with the mechanics, the meme of "im on add clear" is pretty widespread (Skeletor explains below. ) Ad clear tends to be the easiest job in an encounter as you just shoot enemies so that the people engaging in the mechanics can do it without getting overrun.

The best raid memories are made in the LFG#destiny2 #meme #destiny
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 01-03-2024, 07:26.

Comment

Yes but my point stands these are areas that have the best gear that you cannot get elsewhere in the game. I don't care if it's with randos. At least give me the option to matchmake with randos.

Comment

Working...
                                X