Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    Well I’ve hit 350, as with every DLC, since D1, I always forget to boost myself in a decent way. So I may need to wait until reset to boost myself further, as no ones wants a raid noob on their team even a 350 noob, I may attempt the nightfall via guided games.
    Sometimes this game really is a misery for solo players.
    What console you on FF?

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      Well I’ve hit 350, as with every DLC, since D1, I always forget to boost myself in a decent way. So I may need to wait until reset to boost myself further, as no ones wants a raid noob on their team even a 350 noob, I may attempt the nightfall via guided games.
      Sometimes this game really is a misery for solo players.
      Their are few ways to level up as a solo player, outside of the weekly power engrams. if you haven't done them Brother Vance's forge weapons are dropping at boosted light level, i got one done while i was doing my weekly's and will get a few more over the course of the week. Any events have a chance to drop exotics and these always decrypt at or above your light level so are good for boosting.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 11-05-2018, 15:59.

Comment

I’m at 345. I jumped to there from 317 when I stopped playing back in January in about half an hour. I’m grinding out the Sleeper Simulant quest now. It’s incredibly boring, but it’s the only thing keeping me still playing.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          What console you on FF?
          I was between PS4’s when D2 launches and grabbed it on Xbox, almost bought the white PS4 pro bundle though.

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          Their are few ways to level up as a solo player, outside of the weekly power engrams. if you haven't done them Brother Vance's forge weapons are dropping at boosted light level, i got one done while i was doing my weekly's and will get a few more over the course of the week. Any events have a chance to drop exotics and these always decrypt at or above your light level so are good for boosting.
          Ah that’s good to know, yesterday I was bored and finally finished the last quest on Mercury (The Up and Up, Heroic version) got rewarded some thing I hadn’t looked at, which just so happens to be a Lost Prophecy so I’ll have to take a look and get grinding. Is partly why I said my levelling was all wrong because I always forget to follow the levelling tips, like I got a few powerful engrams before I fully levelled finished the new dlc, kinda stopping myself from jumping further than 350.

I think I was around 320 though, as I dropped D2 just after Osiris dropped although I hadn’t cashed in any tiles so that did boost me a bit,. Went back in when the put 6vs6 iron banner on it though.

Comment

I’m going to take back my initial criticism of the mars patrol zone. It’s definitely got a lot more character than the other D2 patrol zones and is closer to the dreadnaught in secrets which is a good thing.

Story missions were/are still appalling though.

Comment

I'm approaching 400 hours played on Destiny 2. I enjoyed Osiris but it was a bit short and the Infinite Forest wasn't really very infinite. Completed the prophecies but didn’t feel the reward was worth the effort.

Warmind, however, is a different story. Although the story is a bit lacking. But the expansion itself is great fun. Some really good updates to the exotic weapons (Crimson and Sky Burner's Oath are particular favourites). The map is a decent size and hunting for data is most enjoyable with a mate. And I will get to the second stage of Escalation Protocol!

Comment

I’ve been enjoying loop of public events, finding the data caches and looking for the data things you have to shoot. Some of them are positively devious in their location.

Just got eh winters wolf auto rifle, what a gun.

On the flip side of that. Heroic strikes are near on impossible right now.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 16-05-2018, 19:45.

Comment

Yeah, some of them are right buggers to find. Haven't got Winter's Wolf. I do like my auto rifles. Origin's Story is still one of my go to guns.

Comment

I must admit I dropped the game like a sack of bricks after I completed Osiris, I never even did the prophecy weapons (which is paying off for me now because as they boost your level above cap) Coming from that into this I am really enjoying the new map on Mars, really nicely padded out, I like finding the hidden things, not using a guide at the mo and just finding them at my own pace.
                    Saw someone on my FL is 383, WTF?! almost at the 390 hard cap one week after launch, insania. No doubt they will be moaning on twitter next week that there’s no end game and nothing to do, how about taking your time?
                    Was surprised to see this was done by Vicarious Visions and not bungie as they are doing the larger September expansion, VV have done a good job with this expansion area.

I’ve got to 359 in week 2, need to do some more prophecy weapons to take me up which means strikes ahoy.

Comment

Development roadmap has been updated.

Comment

I’m at 346 now. I’ve got the Sleeper Simulant finally, so I can concentrate on raising my light to over 350 now.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          I’ve been enjoying loop of public events, finding the data caches and looking for the data things you have to shoot. Some of them are positively devious in their location.

Just got eh winters wolf auto rifle, what a gun.

On the flip side of that. Heroic strikes are near on impossible right now.
                          Nar you just need to use cover and play to the strikes strengths, take Savathun's Song, you'd think with void burn this would be near on impossible ogres spewing out void shot that killl's you in seconds, a boss that has void tracking shots that hit like a truck, and a strike debuff that halves your shield and energy. Nope we kicked that strikes arse and it actually felt pretty good to have content that is actually decently hard.

We ran the leviatan raid again on normal last night as every part gives you an item that has a chance to level you up, it was nice that it was relevant again and it was down pretty quick, it felt good to be raiding again and have a reason to do so. on to prestige next hopefully.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 17-05-2018, 09:45.

Comment

I simply ended up switching to Sentinal in the end and spamming the bubble. Good old bubble

Comment

Up to the final stage of the Sleeper quest. Did the cache nodes & escalation protocol in one epic push last night.

Comment

After a couple of months off D2 I have to say this DLC has drawn me back in substantially. Not sure it will last as the gunplay, despite the improvements, still doesn't hit D1 levels for me, skills, weapons slots etc. The loot grind is still too cosmetic.

The new zone is fun to mess about in, EP is ok (the limited mechanics hamper it for me a bit), story was too short, raid lair is rather good. Enjoying the light grind again, although not for much longer with my toons at 379-381 already (cap of 385...380 light plus +5 mods).

A decent enough end to the already paid for season pass. Bungie will need to do more though to entice me to stick with D2 come September. More than just all the promised features that will be returned to the game in September.

Comment

Working...
                                X