No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’ve hit the hard cap already? That’s ridiculous, no wonder people are constantly moaning there’s nothing to do.

-I’ve done the sleeper simulant.
    -All data nodes for exotic sword & sparrow.
    -Half way through the exotic scout.

I won’t be buying any more expansions for this or bungie games full stop anymore. Their constant “well fix it in the future, just buy the next expansion” loop has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I’m fed up of it, along with the they way they do things, especially D2 as a game designed to sell you back all you had in D1, it’s pretty outrageous.

With no raid weapons to chase I’ve not even bother with the 2 raid lairs, lazy cop out excuses for a raid they are.

Hanging up my guardian.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-05-2018, 18:23.

Comment

I didn't even power level as best I could!

Bungie still haven't got the balance right with end game loot. I agree that raids should have the best loot (LL, perks etc), but if you raid, you jump LL too fast. A normal Leviathan will net you, with keys, at least 7 powerful LL drops (castellum, 4x encounters, challenge, at least 1 exotic from the 3 key chests), then do prestige for another 6, then the eater for another 4, 17+ drops in 3 hours. (The new one has 5 guaranteed, so come Sept that could be an easy 22+ powerful drops for 4 hours play).

Try the lairs for fun! Definitely fun to be had with both.

Comment

why Are their are no weapons or Armour to chase in the raid lairs, could it be that each new seasons Armour is being held back for eververse and stuck behind a slow grind or silver purchase. when you look back at destiny one dlc's Crota and the prison of elders has armour and weapons so how come we have nothing really to chase on the raid lairs.

take The Vex Armour that was plonked in eververse when the curse of Osiris came out that would have fitted perfectly with the vex inspired raid lair likewise the forge weapons all looked like they had been ripped right out of the raid lair, what with them all being vex inspired.

The forge made no sense whatsoever and kind of felt like an afterthought to bolster the grind and give the dlc something more to do, surely lighthouse weapons should all be Egyptian styled like trials style weapons! not the cobbled together vex things that we collected.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 21-05-2018, 10:26.

Comment

@Lebowski.

This is why I’ve had enough of it. It’s a constant cycle of cutting, pasting, making less, making worse, broken promises and outright deception from bungie.

They had the bennefit of the doubt with D1 and managed to get to a decent place with it in the end, not before charging us all for the privilege of course. Ok fair enough, dev time and development is expensive, I had my fun out of it and some amazing times raiding, truly some of my best online experiences in D1 raids.

D2 seems like an entire game made specifically to generate maximum profits from that same goodwill cycle, this time though it’s so blatantly obvious that they may as well send you an empty box with an envelope in it saying "post cash to this address, own stamp required".

I’m fed up with it personally.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-05-2018, 14:20.

Comment

So got above the required level for escalation protocol yesterday, entry to it is 360+ recommended with it going up to 380 recommendation when you get it to level 7, the idea is you take on harder and harder waves of enemy's followed by a tank of a boss that requires everyone to be on their game.

Their is not much room for error and unless you beat lvl 3 you get zero rewards from it too, The first boss is an ogre and normally you have plenty of time to kill him, unless that is someone pops the valkarie flame spear thing early and uses it to kill adds, this happened to us on the second boss and we got super close to killing him but we hadent gone into the final battle with enough time really.

More people showed up and we went in again this time we got to the ogre super quick and he was decimated with plenty of time to spare, we got through the wizards preceding stages quicker too, and killed him with seconds to spare. we where in uncharted territory now mini ogres wizards, exploding thralls, all seemed to run at us with massive health bars pushing us the the brink, but we pushed back and got to a giant tank of a knight that we hit with everything we had. Rockets Valkyries, and supers from nine people all hitting this thing with everything we had. It was like the craziest firework show you've ever seen absolute carnage and just as the timer was about to expire he fell, we'd done it we'd got to the first tier of rewards.

With anticipation i approached the chest what wonders would we be given for clinging on to this battle by the skin of out teeth after all this is end game content, didn't Bungie say that this event would give us unique gear and Armour, with a hold down of square i was fully prepared for the bounty's of out fight to rain down on us, here it was my reward for pushing through this battle, and beating hundreds of enemy's and the tankiest bosses a public event has ever seen.

ONE ****ING MARS TOKEN!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by Lebowski; 23-05-2018, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              So got above the required level for escalation protocol yesterday, entry to it is 360+ recommended with it going up to 380 recommendation when you get it to level 7, the idea is you take on harder and harder waves of enemy's followed by a tank of a boss that requires everyone to be on their game.

Their is not much room for error and unless you beat lvl 3 you get zero rewards from it too, The first boss is an ogre and normally you have plenty of time to kill him, unless that is someone pops the valkarie flame spear thing early and uses it to kill adds, this happened to us on the second boss and we got super close to killing him but we hadent gone into the final battle with enough time really.

More people showed up and we went in again this time we got to the ogre super quick and he was decimated with plenty of time to spare, we got through the wizards preceding stages quicker too, and killed him with seconds to spare. we where in uncharted territory now mini ogres wizards, exploding thralls, all seemed to run at us with massive health bars pushing us the the brink, but we pushed back and got to a giant tank of a knight that we hit with everything we had. Rockets Valkyries, and supers form nine people all hitting this thing with everything we had. It was like the craziest firework show you've ever seen absolute carnage and just as the timer was about to expire he fell, we'd done it we'd got to the first tier of rewards.

With anticipation i approached the chest what wonders would we be given for clinging on to this battle by the skin of out teeth after all this is end game content, didn't Bungie say that this event would give us unique gear and Armour, with a hold down of square i was fully prepared for the bounty's of out fight to rain down on us, here it was my reward for pushing through this battle, and beating hundreds of enemy's and the tankiest bosses a public event has ever seen.

ONE ****ING MARS TOKEN!!!!!!!!!!
              Two tokens and a blue bro, two tokens and a blue.

Don’t worry though, they’ll fix it in the next expansion, they pretty pretty cherry promise.

Bungie disclaimer: promise not a promise. Any promises made by or on behalf of bungie are not valid.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-05-2018, 09:54.

Comment

There are a couple of glitches at the moment. Hawthorn's engram for clan xp will only decode at 340. If you don't cash it in it will automatically decode into your inventory at the correct level at the weekly reset.

The Nascent Dawn quest step where you have to complete 5 heroic strikes with a particular energy weapon also glitches as it wouldn’t recognise the strike as heroic. After yesterday's reset it caught up and gave me the the next step.

So hopefully, Lebowski, it might drop your proper reward at some stage. I feel your pain though!

Comment

Wishful thinking there.

"Escalation Protocol rewards are split up in to 3 main channels: vanity, weapons, and armor. Each channel operates a little bit different to give people different pursuits and provide rewards at different rates/tiers. I think the diversity of this reward delivery is something we haven't done a lot of in Destiny 2, so I'm super curious how it feels once you get your hands on it. That aside, let's jump in!

Vanity: These rewards are low drop chance, and can come out of any Escalation Protocol chest you open during the event. The further in you get, the higher chance the chest has to grant one of the EP exclusive vanity items. However, even if you can only clear up to wave 3 (the first wave that spawns a chest upon completion) then you can get a chance (admittedly very low...) at getting one of the vanity items. EP has an exclusive Ship, Sparrow, and Ghost.

Weapons: These are your grindable rewards. They don't drop as power upgrades past the soft cap (so you'll want to infuse something in to them if you're past 340) but you can spend as much time chasing them in a week as you want. They're a low drop chance from the wave 7 boss, and the reward pool changes for the different bosses. Three of the bosses have a specific weapon (between shotgun, sniper rifle, and smg) tied to them and will only drop that weapon. The other two bosses can drop any of the three weapons if you just want to grind and roll the dice. They do not come from the chests.

Armor: The armor set comes from a chest that appears after beating the wave 7 boss. This chest requires a key to open, and characters can earn one key a week by playing other Warmind activities to build and charge their key. The armor pieces that come out of the chest are awarded in a specific order, and you won't see repeats until you've collected the entire armor set. The order is Class Item -> Legs -> Arms -> Chest -> Head. (If you're wondering why Class Item is first, well, I main a Hunter. Capes for life.) The armor drops at Powerful Reward tier Power upgrades.
                  "

Tldr, the loot drops are crap / very scarce, only 3 weapons (terrible drop rate but I'm told the shotgun and SMG are pretty decent), vanity crap and armour which in D2 is just vanity crap.

(Still enjoying the expansion myself, lair is great fun indeed.)

Comment

Well, bum!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post

The Nascent Dawn quest step where you have to complete 5 heroic strikes with a particular energy weapon also glitches as it wouldn’t recognise the strike as heroic. After yesterday's reset it caught up and gave me the the next step.
                      I think I may have gotten my quests confused. Heroic strikes are still not being recognised it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                        I think I may have gotten my quests confused. Heroic strikes are still not being recognised it seems.
                        They are. However, you have to make sure the entire party haven’t gone into the menus or inventory, or used boons during the strike load screen. Apparently. That’s whats being reported is the cause.

Comment

I’ll tell you what, I went through a 30 min wait on guided games to do one nightfall strike, got to the end and was like man that was like pulling teeth, did I get a powerful engram? Did I ****, what happened?
                          Oh yeah someone used a boon, which has been an issue since January and hasn’t been fixed.
                          Just bloody disable boons, seriously.

Comment

Ran thorough the old raid in like an hour last night, really good for leveling up approaching the 370s fast now. its still a good game when you can get a good team together and have been enjoying it these last few nights, iron banner is quite fun too, been jumping on to do the daily's.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              I’ll tell you what, I went through a 30 min wait on guided games to do one nightfall strike, got to the end and was like man that was like pulling teeth, did I get a powerful engram? Did I ****, what happened?
                              Oh yeah someone used a boon, which has been an issue since January and hasn’t been fixed.
                              Just bloody disable boons, seriously.
                              That would require actual effort on bungies part though?.

#nextexpansionistheone

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                They are. However, you have to make sure the entire party haven’t gone into the menus or inventory, or used boons during the strike load screen. Apparently. That’s whats being reported is the cause.
                                Ah. Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X