No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well its all about the weapons so you can collect weapons and stuff from the bits you haven't done, the Forges have been opened for everyone and there are some ace guns in there that are well worth getting including the hammer head machine gun and the Joten tracking fusion riffle.

Comment

Won't all the weapons etc from those campaigns be largely redundant as they'll be stacked on the 750 Power Level rise whereas Shadowkeeps will be stacked to take you from 750 to above?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Won't all the weapons etc from those campaigns be largely redundant as they'll be stacked on the 750 Power Level rise whereas Shadowkeeps will be stacked to take you from 750 to above?
        Mostly, plus cant slot the barrier champion mods or unstoppable mods from Shadowkeep that will be needed for end game. So year mostly redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Mostly, plus cant slot the barrier champion mods or unstoppable mods from Shadowkeep that will be needed for end game. So year mostly redundant.
          Exotics guns aren't redundant neither are some of the best guns from year one and two ignoring the Ernetel the recluse or mountain top would be a very silly thing to do.

Comment

So, would doing Shadowkeep before going back to the other campaigns be the better order now?

Comment

Unless your interested in the story then there is no real order to do stuff in, your at the right power level for shadowkeep but certain bits wont make a lot of sense as it features returning characters and bosses from all the old content. You could catch up on the story by watching byfs complete story so far though which would be a lot quicker than replaying the older content. there is a ton fo really cool story missions and the original campaign is really well put together, the expansions are more bite size story bits with the odd bit of busy work.

EDit----

Actually don't watch the above i just tried and its like 4 ****ing hours long and covers loads of stuff you don't get to see in the game.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 03-10-2019, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                Exotics guns aren't redundant neither are some of the best guns from year one and two ignoring the Ernetel the recluse or mountain top would be a very silly thing to do.
                Sorry, I was referring to most the old primaries, should of actually put that for clarification. The pinnacles are all still top draw until there eventually nerfed out of existence.

Comment

What I might do then, given I was nearly through Osiris is jump into Warmind. After that Forsaken is like post-game content I can chip at after Shadowkeep

Comment

Weirdly, my PS4 turned itself on yesterday. I hadn’t played it in 2.5 years. So I downloaded Destiny 2 and started with a new character tonight. I was curious to see how it unfolded (having had D2 from launch on the Xbox One).

Was not expecting

the beginning of Destiny 1

!

I like that I can play the story without having PS Plus and join in public events, even though lots of the original D2 stuff

has been cut

Glad that I played the game from launch though but I suppose I wouldn’t have known what I missed if I'd just jumped on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                      Weirdly, my PS4 turned itself on yesterday. I hadn’t played it in 2.5 years. So I downloaded Destiny 2 and started with a new character tonight. I was curious to see how it unfolded (having had D2 from launch on the Xbox One).

Was not expecting

the beginning of Destiny 1

!

I like that I can play the story without having PS Plus and join in public events, even though lots of the original D2 stuff

has been cut

Glad that I played the game from launch though but I suppose I wouldn’t have known what I missed if I'd just jumped on now.

You can only access the original campaigns for Red War, CoO & Warmind through Amanda holiday as pick ups. Weird that tens of millions of dollars has been spent and they just hide it away without even a notification to tell you its there.

Total waste of money.

Comment

Apparently new light players are just plopped out onto the traveller, that’s it, not even told Amanda Holiday has the goods or even where she is, that does sound absolutely ridiculous. I suppose they wanted everyone to be on a level playing field day one for the shadowkeep, they’re also are telling new players to just forget everything that’s existed pre-shadowkeep though and some of it is pretty solid.

I mean imagine playing shadowkeep and seeing that first reveal knowing nothing about Destiny, you would be like oh that’s pretty....instead of HOLY **** WTF?! MOON’S HAUNTED.

Finished up on the story levels last night, ended on 902, have boosted my hunter and Titan to 850-ish each before any campaign missions, fairly easy to do that with alts. May quickly run through again to see if I can boost for raid on weekend, should be easy enough to thrash through it. Enjoyed what it added to the overall story and it seems like they will be adding story beats weekly, like they did with The Drifter with his season.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          Apparently new light players are just plopped out onto the traveller, that’s it, not even told Amanda Holiday has the goods or even where she is, that does sound absolutely ridiculous.
                          I made this mistake! Played the first mission and then went to Zavala who I think gave me a quest to visit Devrim in the EDZ (I think). And I had a New Light quest to level up to Power 770. It was only by accident to view Amanda's wares that I saw she had the year one quests. So luckily I'm on the right road now with my new Warlock.

Given that even free to play games titans like Warframe botch the new player experience I'm not surprised that Bungie's formerly full price release is struggling to get that right. Although there are loads of quick fixes they could implement.

I wasn't planning to get back into Destiny 2 again but watched a stream on Twitch of someone preparing for Shadowkeep a week or so ago and it peaked my interest enough to go back and look at it. £70 later on Shadowkeep and Forsaken on the Xbox One (which was also the end of the old Xbox One X) and I'm loving playing Destiny 2 again.

I fell off vanilla D2 pretty hard after completing the campaign and not really liking the lack of progression and things to do. However some of that seems fixed now (even the new 'battle pass' works well as a regular reward source). Even if I just end up playing all the campaigns I really am liking the game again.

Comment

So Witch Queen Destiny's new dlc launched on Tuesday and with Bungie bragging about a Million preorders i was expecting a bumpy ride when it launched but....... Tuesday evening was the smootheset yet with only a small queue to get in and no issues once connected for me or any of my clan. £35 gets you the new dlc where as £69.99 gets you the dlc and a years worth of seasonal content.

The campaign is fantastic which for a change actually feels like a campaign, Massive world building and the story is moving in a really interesting direction with strong characters and shifting factions and allegiances, it really blurs the lines of traditional good vs evil. Their are no filler missions or protracted quests to lengthen the story and its full of new locations and environments to explore. It can be played on easy or on legendary, (If playing on legendary I'd recommend bringing some friends as its a real challenge for a change).

Early reviews are positive and the community is really enjoying it so far, i took a bit of time off the end of last week and Ive not been able to put it down, ive put about 40 ish hours into it finished the campaign and am now in the weapon chasing and crafting phase with loads of extra missions and stuff still to do. If your thinking of getting on board for this DLC its pulls everyone up to the same level and you can jump straight into it with no need to of played any of the other dlc, if your a lapsed player all your gear has been brought up to the current base level too.

It really dose feel like a game that's come into its own the story and content are top tier, level design is fantastic and the music just rounds it all off. This is all built around the gun play and weapons which are amazing, They always seem to create these crazy weapons and imbue them with their own sense of personality and style, one particular weapon quests that you complete after finishing the story is amazing where as another is pure nostalgia for D1 players. Its this sort of stuff that keeps the player base engaged, the word is also packed with secrets mystery's and hidden quests that will keep the player-base playing long after the campaign is over and then their is the seasonal content that has its own story and quests to keep you engaged with new bits landing weekly. It keeps sucking me back in i think i'm done then they go drop amazing content like this.

Last edited by Lebowski; 28-02-2022, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              If your thinking of getting on board for this DLC its pulls everyone up to the same level and you can jump straight into it with no need to of played any of the other dlc, if your a lapsed player all your gear has been brought up to the current base level too.
                              I assume that's only stuff that wasn't sunsetted?

Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but WQ only gives you WQ. You want Stasis abilities, you have to buy Blight. You want, well whatever crap was in Shallowcrap, you have to buy Shallowcrap. So depending how lapsed one is, one might need to buy a few expansions to experience the full game. I imagine missing out on Stasis for example will reduce end game activity options and strats, or hamper one in PvP.

Comment

Stasis is linked to the last campaign and not essential to enjoy this DLC, i hardly use it as its all the freeze powers and ice based death stuff was a lot more prominent in the last dlc. Void subclasse have been given a new coat of paint and are all i used throughout the campaign.

Sunset weapons have been brought up to the base cap (you cant upgrade them past base, so you could start the campaign with a bunch of sunset weapons and replace them as you go. Their is a whole new weapon crafting system and ways to level up guns so everything you get is worth using, A leveled up gun gives you a ton of materials so Its a smart way of making you use new guns and keeps them relevant. It gets you out of the Habit of only using a select few of your old faves too its a pretty fun system as theirs always a new gun to try or a new weapon to level up.

Comment

Working...
                                X