X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Been playing this via ps+
    Enjoying it quite a bit but there’s no challenge whatsoever. Also too
    Many numbers for things makes it confusing. The shooting though is top notch. Just playing solo but there seems to be other people in my games just running around and doing dances. All a bit odd.
    It’s a shared world. So there’s other people in each instance. Basically each area, when the screen changes the name of the area your in, will change the server instance as well. So you could have randoms in one area, go to another and the server instance changes and there might be no people, or more.

The challenge comes in the end game stuff to be honest difficulty wise, dungeons, exotic weapon quests, raids etc. There’s a lot of end game to Destiny.

Are you just playing D2 base or have you got the expansions & Forsaken as well?
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-10-2018, 10:32.

Comment

I have no idea! Whatever ps+ gave me.
      Am I going to have to do multiplayer to get to the exotic stuff? I did just get a really good helmet/face with some extra perks on it. I seem to have loads of ‘money’ too but no need to ever spend it on anything!

Did I say that the shooting is really good? Cos it’s really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        I have no idea! Whatever ps+ gave me.
        Am I going to have to do multiplayer to get to the exotic stuff? I did just get a really good helmet/face with some extra perks on it. I seem to have loads of ‘money’ too but no need to ever spend it on anything!

Did I say that the shooting is really good? Cos it’s really good.
        You just have the base D2 then.

Yep the shooting is simply the best, it’s always fun to play, the fun mechanics bitch slap everything else out there. Running around trying out different weapons (and even the same weapon but with different perks) is just simple fun.

It’s worth buying the Forsaken expansion as well if you get into to it as you now get the previous 2 expansions Curse of Osiris & Warmind, for free.

I mean there’s a crap ton of game there to go through if your just joining Destiny 2.

Edit. No, exotic weapons & armour are split between either random drops, or quests. Some are tired exclusively to a quest, like the Sleeper Simulant & the new Malfeasance gun. Other exotic weapons can drop at random from anywhere. Only some exotic guns are tied to quests though. All armour can drop random there are no exotic armour quests.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-10-2018, 10:44.

Comment

Add me on PSN Brad.

fishyb

Well get some games going and I’m happy to help with any missions etc, or PvP.

Comment

Return to online multiplayer gaming!?!?!??
            Maybe I will.
            Strikes have now opened up. I don't know what they are but it suggests 3 people I think.

So I hit level 15 last night and I *almost* died at one point. Some huge thing firing stuff at me and loads of minions. Holy crap I thought; if I don't find somewhere to hide I'm toast. And there, as if by magic I noticed a small opening leading into essentially a panic room. So, no death still :-)

Also, as if this wasn't easy enough, the enemies now appear to be killing each other when they die! They sort of explode and damage those around them causing a chain reaction of mass death. I think this might be caused by the exotic weapon I currently have. Some sort of energy weapon that does more damage on the second short; a Black Hole perk it might be? Anyway, fun to use.

Comment

Graviton Lance. Precision kills cause the enemy to explode and spew out void damage orbs damaging the next enemy. Sometimes if the enemies are weak enough you can cause a chain of mass death

Comment

Sounds to me you have found the Graviton Lance exotic, god damn beast of a weapon.
                Strikes are 3 player fire team co-op levels, it has matchmaking. They are generally longer levels and have mid bosses/final boss with higher level rewards for completion and of course higher level requirement for entry, until you hit the cap. They are certainly worth looking at.

If you do look to get the DLC hold fire until end of today, as FBH said above, they are including Osiris and Warmind with forsaken but i don’t think it’s not live yet to purchase, just in case. Technically that means it will be £34.99 for Osiris expansion, Warmind expansion and Forsaken expansion. Not bad if you want to continue shooting things on 4 new planets and have higher level gear, up to level 50.

Also Festival of the Lost comes back today.
                Last edited by Family Fry; 16-10-2018, 13:22.

Comment

That sounds like the one! Precision kill means headshot ja?
                  Anyway it's all still very fun and it looks pretty gorgeous to boot in 4K HDR even though my 4K TV is a super budget model.

Comment

I want to play this at some point.

Comment

Hopefully the haunted Forrest sticks around after the festival. Knowing bungie they will just remove it though thus basically wasting their own time.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I want to play this at some point.
                        Did you pick up the base game when it was free on PSN? If so, then for £34.99 when the new pack goes live, Forsaken, Warmind & Curse of Osiris, you really have a crap ton of good content to go through plus D2 base.

That’s a lot of game right there.

Comment

I did, mate.
                          Every time I go on, everyone looks busy doing their own raids, so I never bother starting.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I did, mate.
                            Every time I go on, everyone looks busy doing their own raids, so I never bother starting.
                            I'm sure your on my friends list. I'm soloing 99% of the time so if you want to do something just send me an invite and ill jump in. I have another character to level up as well, so could go though the entire campaign again start to finish with you, that way im not a super powered end game character smashing all before us.

Comment

Yeah you can just ignore everyone else who is milling about in your game chimpy. I've solo'd about 15 - 20 hours at a guess. It's pretty fun! People occasionally come up to me and star dancing; I just run away and they leave me alone.

Comment

Wait...

There's a dance button?
                                *Downloads*

Comment

Working...
                                X