Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

So the thread has gone so i thought id start a new one, for me this game is what id call a massive misstep, i came straight off the back of playing D1 and and had racked up about 1600 hours on it over the last 3 years. The groups id been playing with for years, fell off the main D2 game extremely quickly due to its lack of endgame content those that came back for the dlc where again done with it within weeks. I really cant believe how quickly the groups i play with have fallen off the new DLC.

it shows how broken the game still is. The DLC story is a massive let down super short and over too quick, with recycled content in the form of levels that are just strikes with less enemy's. The lost Forrest is also pretty poor and skipable in the most part, I've done the new raid layer once now and it took a few hours blind from start to finish again i don't see the point in doing it again as its gear and rewards are all pretty mediocre and pointless and mixed in with rehashed main raid gear.

There is a ton of new weapons and Armour in the new dlc but most of the new Armour ghosts ships ect are locked behind the eververse shop and most of the new weapons are locked in the forge behind a really laborious grind. what's really bizzare about the forge is its insistence on making you do things over and over. The first Forge weapon requires ten green radilolairum to unlock and is slow but not too bad, the only way to get this stuff is from world chests or public events (it took me an evening of grinding to get). This is where it gets stupid the second gun takes 30 radilolairum so three nights, the third 40 radilolairum, so four nights after i got the second gun i put the game down and said **** this, its pointless busy work and not worth the time invested.

Why the hell the forge is even their is beyond me, what should of happened with this dlc is all the forge weapons and the new vex Armour at eververse should of been raid rewards, i believe that originally this was probably the case but greed and a lack of content pushed these items elsewhere. so as it stands all D2 has left for me is two unrewarding raids a raid layer that is pointless to do more than once, and a massive pain in the arse weapon grind.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 28-02-2022, 10:16.

Where did the old thread go?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
      Where did the old thread go?
      Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Bungie has detailed a host of changes on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...n-in-eververse

Bungie has detailed a host of changes on the way
          Most of which won’t even be bothered with implementing until end of year, if even then.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 14-01-2018, 18:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            Why the hell the forge is even their is beyond me, what should of happened with this dlc is all the forge weapons and the new vex Armour at eververse should of been raid rewards, i believe that originally this was probably the case but greed and a lack of content pushed these items elsewhere. so as it stands all D2 has left for me is two unrewarding raids a raid layer that is pointless to do more than once, and a massive pain in the arse weapon grind.
            Forge weapons should of had a Vex intrinsic damage perk AND should of been the Eater of Worlds rewards.

While I enjoyed my first play through of CoO, in reality it was a total cluster F of a dlc.

It’s almost like bungie are doing things on purpose to antagonise their fans now.

Comment

Just finished the Vanilla game, looks lovely now I've upgraded my TV set I must say.

Without having Curse of Osiris, what does the end game look like? I haven't even done a single strike yet!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                Just finished the Vanilla game, looks lovely now I've upgraded my TV set I must say.

Without having Curse of Osiris, what does the end game look like? I haven't even done a single strike yet!
                End game isn’t like D1. You can do the raid & raid lair once and not have to worry about it again, it’s not like you NEED to be at 335 either as the light level is again pretty pointless I’m D2 as well.

Comment

Cheers fish. Shooting is still good and it feels much busier than D1 but the focus does seem to have shifted.
                  Still very enjoyable and pretty fun.

Comment

I should add that there’s no end game weapons to chase like in D1, so you won’t be replaying the raid over and over for the chance to get that Fatebringer, VOC, Gjallahorn, etc either. Raid armour doesn’t have any raid perks at all.

D1: beginning, meh. End game: woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

D2: beginning, fun. End game: boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

Just wondering - Is anyone going back to D1 after the disappointment of D2?

Comment

Been on a few times to mess around and do some random stuff. It’s still awesome.

Though, I would not be surprised at all if Bungie didn’t try and turn the servers off soon on D1, just as a final self inflicted nail in the coffin that is their reputation.

Comment

This is on the Humble Monthly Bundle next month and available as the early unlock @ $12 - I normally get the early unlock so I thought I'd take a look and I'm actually quite enjoying the gun play. Not sure I like the weapon groupings compared to D1 as I always played the long range game with the sniper rifles, which they've gimped with D2. There's still the bullet sponge aspect to it, but at least where you hit impacts on damage done. Overall though, I'm having fun with it and it's one of the best optimised PC games I've ever seen, 4K 60 FPS no problems on my PC rig.

I don't like that I need yet another launcher installed on the PC, but I reckon this is worth a look for the $12 asking price

(you could always put in my referrer code if you decide to grab it add "?refc=J02yGK" to the URL - I've not directly linked it)

Comment

Does this include the Warmind dlc that hits tomorrow?

Comment

No, it's just the vanilla game from what I can see - I imagine they've gone to Humble Bundle to try a push a few more DLC sales.

Comment

Working...
                              X