Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched that video a few times now. Pretty amazing

Comment

Amusing (to me) kill for me, my thought process.

1)run towards care package, hope to ambush some sucka
      2)get ambushed myself, run off after setting up protective walls
      3) attempt to boobytrap the floor but it won't stick..
      4)attempt to hide is small bush... to small, will definitely be seen
      5)peek over the crest to see my attackers up to.. oh cool there building and not paying attention
      6)creepy underneath building and wait to pouce..
      7)realise the bugger is going customise the stairs to come through to me, and get ready to...
      8)SURPRISE MFER.

Comment

Played!

Comment

Todays update is pretty large, basically the west of the map is almost totally new, not sure on the east as i've not drop out there yet but the map looks the same... also changed alot of the colouring for the grass and trees so you know what area you're in.

New buildings i've seen so far is a sport gyms, motel and mini set of skyscrapers.

Comment

Tried three matches of this last night (BR) and found it hard to put a handle on coming from PUBG. I like the visual style and it immediately feels like a lot of the issues of the PUBG ground level experience are better here as it's so much more polished. At the same time though it does other things much worse than PUBG as well. I need to spend more time with it but the small scale of the map seems to lead to match times being overly short, whilst PUBG can be a bit dry much of the fun comes from the tension of moving across dangerous large spaces as time slowly ticks against you. Fornite feels a little too simplistic and arcade in comparison which is a shame as the core mechanics are solid enough that it could easy out-PUBG PUBG. I didn't really get close to winning a match but I got close enough to experience the end of match face off, in PUBG it tends to lead to 6-7 players trying to out position each other in a battle of wits, Fortnites stair and wall spamfest left me utterly cold. It's not the speed you need, more how it utterly robs the mode of its build up for me and that feeling in the gut of dislike hit hard.

Flip side, a lot of it is really solid and it is F2P so it's hard to grumble at what's on offer. I need to sink more time in to it to be able to better take it on its own terms, I think I just expected the easy mark of PUBG killer to more in line with Fortnite than it is.

Comment

It's certainly very arcadey. It really comes into its own with voicecomms and a squad of 4. Playing solo can get frustrating. Or in a squad without voicecomms or if the team aren't working together.

Try can get hold of a jump pad - this lets you fly behind enemy lines late in the game, which negates the building issue.

Comment

Played a few games last night, it's impressive how much it has improved. Looks and feels great at morethan-1080p 60

Comment

I find this game just plain weird. Don't get me wrong, it's good but I find the whole base building mechanic jarring in the BR mode... I would actually prefer it if there was a mode without it.

It makes sense in the co-op horde mode but in battle royale I find it all a bit silly. For me that's why I'd probably go with PUBG provided they fixed the issues with that game on Xbox as it's still ropey (but getting better all the time)...

Comment

I've seen some great vid's where you can control snipers by using walls like Shields and i like the unique opertunitys building presents. A non build mode would be interesting but they would have to rebuild the map form the ground up or work out a mechanic for reaching high up areas, a lot of scavenging requires you to build to reach areas that are impossible to reach from the ground.

I was thinking a time based powered boost jump into glider could solve this though as it would help deliver a mode that was more about positioning and skill than the current 5 person tower build contest we currently see in end game.

Comment

Yeah look it's an interesting mechanic and I've enjoyed playing the game despite me feeling the mix of gunplay and building a bit jarring.

That said if PUBG was as polished as this is currently I don't think it would be quite as popular.

Comment

The building is getting crazy. I've watched people who shoot 3, build, move shoot 3, etc. all in the blink of an eye and never take damage unless they get surprised from behind.

I find the jump>shoot mechanic quite difficult to time. Watching people on mixer they make it look so easy and are obvious headshots every time....

In fact, I think watching experts play this is almost as fun as actually playing it.

Comment

I came back to yesterday after lapsing since christmas , and i don't what has changed exactly but i feel that building speed and wall regen as been upped to silly levels. Playing duo friend had a purple minigun and i a blue m16 and between us we couldn't land a hit on this bloke with seeming infinite wood spamming 1 wall in the same space over and over in corner, and it seems 80%+ of my encounters now for for starting any attack that's not in ambush shotgun range will now result it tower box and camping with a shotgun waiting for you climb up... it's gotten all very predictable and boring after 5 matches of this. I wouldn't mind a new mode that limited building materials to 5 pieces of w/s/m each.

Comment

Exactly my point. Rounds start out well enough with a mix of weaponry and such but by the time you're into the last 10 or so it's a buildfest and whilst I admit I suck at the building defence aspect you tend to see alot of people cancel each other out.

It's almost less about the fire fight in the end game and more about tower defence. To me that's pretty boring but most seem to love it.

Comment

The tower building is a turn off for me. I've now turned to PUGB Mobile on my android phone. It works amazingly (and I usually dislike mobile game controls). This will do until they ever bring PUBG on PS4.

Comment

I had share this as it made me chuckle, my team been wiped out in the towers as normal, i'm alone and not feeling like 20min slog to lose in the top 10, so i set up a trap to go out with a bang... however the eagle eye thieves stop it and teabag thinking they've won!

how i won the last bit i don't know, couldn't get the weapon out after interacting with the vending machine so i just swung that axe like a madman, and a teabag to finish, muahahahahaaaa

Comment

Working...
                                X