PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Started watching the VR movie too about the girl with the airships and coloured match type things.
    The what now?

Comment

Seems there's a few new users on here.
      I'd like to recommend the following, mostly as games that only work on VR, and to give you a few. Ew experiences:

I Expect You To Die
      Currently on sale for 7.99. Wonderful, if slightly short-lived James Bond simulator.

Statik
      Devious and deep puzzler.

Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes
      The single best way to get the Mrs playing VR with you. Then falling out and not talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        The what now?
        Allumette.
        It's free and quite beautiful.

Comment

Thanks, downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
            Just been playing Farpoint with the Aim controller, very good and gives a great sense of scale, legs went a little giddy while i was peering over a cliff. Love the gun too (on screen).

Actually got a little hot and sweaty playing.
            Another wow experience here! Need to be careful though; I actually fell over. Game implied I should be standing up but I reckon I could play it sitting ok. The gun works so so well. Wasn't long ago I was amazed at using a wiimote to aim, and now here we are. I can examine my gun from every angle, I can bring it up to my eye to aim down the holographic sights. I can look all around me while I walk.and I can have enemies attack from all directions at once and I can actually handle it because I can hear exactly where the are and can see them in a split second and shoot them straight away. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Another wow experience here! Need to be careful though; I actually fell over. Game implied I should be standing up but I reckon I could play it sitting ok. The gun works so so well. Wasn't long ago I was amazed at using a wiimote to aim, and now here we are. I can examine my gun from every angle, I can bring it up to my eye to aim down the holographic sights. I can look all around me while I walk.and I can have enemies attack from all directions at once and I can actually handle it because I can hear exactly where the are and can see them in a split second and shoot them straight away. Amazing.
              You seem to be having a great time with the VR Brad!

Comment

I am! Also, be careful not to let my enthusiasm instruct your game purchases. Outside of VR I expect Farpoint would be an absolutely dull experience. It's not like Halo but in VR; it's like all the effort went into the VR tech. It might get better later on. Right now just enjoying being on another planet shooting anything that moves!

Comment

I think everyone can agree that Farpoint can't hold a candle to halo as far as gameplay mechanics go, but......
                  When an armour plated, lorry sized extra from a starship troopers movies charges towards you, and you wait, wait, wait and just as it's on top of you, at the last possible moment, shove your shotgun between its dripping mandibles, deep inside its mouth and empty the clip.

The fear you feel is addictive and is something a flat game like Halo can't compete with.

Comment

Have you got Rush of Blood yet [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]? That game is amazing in VR and will blow you away!

Comment

I'll give it a go cheers!

Just read that wipeout VR mode was just 2 developers. God status unlocked!

Comment

Was Inpatient as good as Rush of Blood? I only just found out it's also an Until Dawn entry

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          Was Inpatient as good as Rush of Blood? I only just found out it's also an Until Dawn entry
                          Completely different thing.

Think of it more as a VR version of the original Until Dawn.

You can have my copy for £10 if you want it?

Comment

Cheers but I don't have PSVR, if I ever jump in it's likely to be at the end of the systems life as even as things stand the cost of entry is too high for anything that's not a console/GPU for me. When I found out about the game though I was curious as I've heard about Rush a few times as an example of something to remember for the headset but little on the more recent release.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                              There is a thread on av forums about these things, which supposedly are a must if you wear glasses. I do so i've ordered some:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263265607694

These came, and where i dismissed some of the graphics of PSVR as lower resolution inferiority, it was infact just my dodgy old mince pies. Makes such a difference playing with my glasses on, its like the future is here (again).

Well worth the money i think.

Comment

Are you short or far sighted Nick?

Comment

Working...
                                X