No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much of a difference does it make wearing glasses? I'm shortsighted, not badly but enough to have to wear glasses, and considering finally getting one of these. £259 in Argos and I've got a voucher too and I think I've finally been persuaded by the general enthusiasm in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Are you short or far sighted Nick?
      I was diagnosed as short sighted just short of 30 years ago now, but would consider myself **** sighted now, as everything is blurry. Should wear glasses all day really, can't drive or ride without them (or contacts).

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
        How much of a difference does it make wearing glasses? I'm shortsighted, not badly but enough to have to wear glasses, and considering finally getting one of these. £259 in Argos and I've got a voucher too and I think I've finally been persuaded by the general enthusiasm in this thread.
        For me a lot, but then the distance at which the screen sits from your eyes is a blur to me. Hold a book or phone up to your eyes at that distance and see if pin sharp.
        I would definitely say get one - that and Wipeout and you will feel your purchase is justified. Use my method aswell of comparing the staying in on a Friday night playing it to the cost of a night at the boozer and away you go

Comment

The PSVR has a focal point of about 8ft. So if you can see well enough at 8ft without glasses, you won't need to wear them in VR.

Comment

Glasses make as much difference as they do IRL for me, I have to use them in PSVR and Oculus. Surprising really, I remember going into VR for the first time thinking the lens is close so maybe I won't need glasses, but nah they make a big difference.

Comment

I'm far sighted so only need glasses for anything closer than about a metre so I don't have to wear them for VR.

Comment

Played Farpoint for the first time last night. I thought the opening was great - the sense of place was stunning. Then running around the planet with the wind and the dust swirls etc. was really well realised - then the problems started. I walked up to a beacon thing and let go of the stick completely, coming to a complete standstill and almost falling over (in my living room).

After that my brain seemed to know something was amiss and the jig was up: the VR induced motion sickness started to build up and within minutes I had to quit in a cold sweat that didn't subside for 15 minutes or so.

Didn't even try comfort settings I was already very queasy and had to run off to bed, sharpish.
                Last edited by gunrock; 08-04-2018, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                  Played Farpoint for the first time last night. I thought the opening was great - the sense of place was stunning. Then running around the planet with the wind and the dust swirls etc. was really well realised - then the problems started. I walked up to a beacon thing and let go of the stick completely, coming to a complete standstill and almost falling over (in my living room).

After that my brain seemed to know something was amiss and the jig was up: the VR induced motion sickness started to build up and within minutes I had to quit in a cold sweat that didn't subside for 15 minutes or so.

Didn't even try comfort settings I was already very queasy and had to run off to bed, sharpish.
                  Yep, I fell over too :-)
                  I'm fine with it now though; running around like a loon with no problem at all. My brain has just accepted it.

Got to my first boss and it's MAAAASSSSIVEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    I'm far sighted so only need glasses for anything closer than about a metre so I don't have to wear them for VR.
                    That's just called being old

Comment

With a PS4 and NS back in the collection I'm consoled out until next gen hits. I'm definitely unshaken from my view that VR is this gens Kinect, they're just so... so far from getting it where it needs to be and even then it'll never be the de facto way of gaming.

But, as we get towards the end of life for the generation it'll definitely be something I'd want to have to try out more fully as it carries a solid risk of seeing its content lost to its generation in a similar way to many Wii titles are for that system. It needs to come down further though, even with the recent price drop it feels like you're still looking at circa £300+ to cover the peripherals most likely to be needed before anything else which is just insane.

Looking at the software though, to create a sort of hit list so when the time comes I can get straight to the meat of the visor these look like the ones most interesting of the existing and upcoming titles:

Batman: Arkham VR
                      Bound
                      Here They Lie
                      Rez: Infinite
                      Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
                      Trackmania Turbo
                      Rogue One: X-Wing Mission
                      Psychonauts in the Rhombus Ruin
                      Farpoint
                      Star Trek: Bridge Crew
                      Arizona Sunshine
                      Superhot VR
                      Obduction
                      Radial-G
                      PSVR Demo 2
                      Chernobyl VR
                      Gran Turismo Sport
                      The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
                      Doom VFR
                      Justice League VR Experience
                      The Inpatient
                      Moss
                      Golem
                      Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
                      Wipeout Omega Collection
                      Zone of the Enders 2: Second Runner
                      Any obvious guff there?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

But, as we get towards the end of life for the generation
                        Eh?

I just played The Last Of Us!

Comment

VR is the defacto way for me to play games right now. A game on a flat screen is just not interesting anymore.

Play farpoint and see what the next Halo or COD or battlefield could be. It's ridiculously immersive.

Comment

Btw nick, move arrived today. Many thanks mate!

Comment

I took the one I bought back to Argos for a refund, never even opened it. I looked at what I'd actually want to play and in the end saw it as another Nintendo switch, a nice bit of kit but not enough content I wanted to play. Yes, I am undeniably a grumpy old man.

Comment

I just had a do for the first time about an hour ago.

The initial "****ing hell!!1" novelty began to wear off after around 10 minutes. I'm going to need at least ten full fat games if I'm going to blow €750 on Pro, Move, and headset. That said it's amazing how smoothly things run on the base hardware.

The most fun part was standing up in my DriveClub car. It felt like I was skating with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X