No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you're right [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]. I have a hardcore racing sim mate and if he can't it's racing in VR first. Just being able to look right across your dash and side windows, even over your shoulder. Reading the corners becomes so much easier. Going back to TV feels strange. I think as the tech improves over the years in terms of resolution, portability etc, I think VR will start to become the norm for such genres. I hope so anyway. Hopefully have grown some decent VR legs by then.

I think the portability aspect is the biggest challenge that needs to be overcome. Like for me now, I don't play PSVR enough, but I'd like to. I store it away in a box, then you have the cables (although they're bunched together like one), it can be a bit of a CBA situation. I think the tech is showing signs of it being here to stay for a good while now. Especially now Sony are going into PSVR 2. Very promising.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      I think you're right @Asura. I have a hardcore racing sim mate and if he can't it's racing in VR first. Just being able to look right across your dash and side windows, even over your shoulder. Reading the corners becomes so much easier. Going back to TV feels strange. I think as the tech improves over the years in terms of resolution, portability etc, I think VR will start to become the norm for such genres. I hope so anyway. Hopefully have grown some decent VR legs by then.

I think the portability aspect is the biggest challenge that needs to be overcome. Like for me now, I don't play PSVR enough, but I'd like to. I store it away in a box, then you have the cables (although they're bunched together like one), it can be a bit of a CBA situation. I think the tech is showing signs of it being here to stay for a good while now. Especially now Sony are going into PSVR 2. Very promising.
      It's a shame that the PSVR2 isn't going to be wireless though, as that's one of the best features of the Quest. You just turn it on and you're good-to-go, no fuss.

Comment

Doom 3 VR coming on the 29th of March is the first announcement.

Comment

I'm really pleasantly surprised by this flurry of VR related news lately. Honestly I thought it was kinda dead in Sony's eyes!

So keen to see the PSVR 2 now - I'm all in on that thing at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            A new one?

EDIT: Wrong one
            Last edited by Asura; 03-03-2021, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

That’s a game that was meant to be played in VR. Just hope it isn’t over expensive for what is quite an old game.

Comment

Next two look great also!

Song of the Sea

Fracked

Comment

Doom 3 will be tasty

Comment

I Expect You To Die 2: The Spy and the Liar

Zenith

This one's just an announce by the looks of it, no trailer;

Comment

Doom 3 is great in VR. There is a free self installing mod for the BFG PC VR users.
                      Carmack did this as a tech demo for the original Rift, the modders picked up and improved it.
                      this is an old guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgwes2c_KK4

Comment

What's with the sudden splurge of games?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          What's with the sudden splurge of games?
                          Yaay to the sudden splurge of games!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Sony have plenty of time on hand just now seeing as they’re not making many consoles!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Don’t get me wrong, as a PSVR owner it’s great news, but they’ve not exactly been churning software out for it so what’s changed now?

Comment

Maybe covid has played a part. I imagine getting software through Sony's QA has been a challenge over the last year due to maybe prioritising PS5 content.

Comment

Working...
                                X