PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    It is weird. In the PC world Last of us is recent enough that instead of PS3 PS4 and PS5 versions you'd just have the original game but be turning up the settings as you upgraded you GPU. Possibly downloading a texture pack.
    Plus all the other (potential) mods.

I'm actually tempted to shelve my recent BotW play in favour of emulating it at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      It is weird. In the PC world Last of us is recent enough that instead of PS3 PS4 and PS5 versions you'd just have the original game but be turning up the settings as you upgraded you GPU. Possibly downloading a texture pack.
      PC Gamer: "Look at you console fools buying the latest console to make your games look good, whereas I, a Master Race PC Gamer am playing it and it looks the same quality as yours on the same PC I bought ten years ago!
      The only thing I've done is updated the GPU, CPU, memory, hard drive, case, cooling system, redownloaded the game for 64bit, downloaded 4tb of texture packs and spent 47.2 hours tweaking the grass fidelity adjustment bar to ensure FPS never dips below 30."

Comment

Trigger's broom comes to mind

Why waste money on a new console when you could spend 3 grand on a scalped GPU?

Comment

tbf, if I'd never updated my 7yr old PC it would have still outperformed PS4/XBO level stuff. For all the furore about new GPU's etc it's amazing how slow the visual curve is these days

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I'm a bit bored of VR now. Although it was fun while it lasted.

I might jump back in once a few more killer apps hit that are worth the setup.
            It's definitely at a point where you can "run out" of stuff, given the cadence of new stuff and the amount that exists.

When I sold my PSVR, it wasn't because I disliked it, but just because I'd played practically everything worthwhile quite a lot, and I knew I could sell it for a good price as it hadn't really depreciated all that much. Ditto for when I sold my first Quest.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              PC Gamer: "Look at you console fools buying the latest console to make your games look good, whereas I, a Master Race PC Gamer am playing it and it looks the same quality as yours on the same PC I bought ten years ago!
              The only thing I've done is updated the GPU, CPU, memory, hard drive, case, cooling system, redownloaded the game for 64bit, downloaded 4tb of texture packs and spent 47.2 hours tweaking the grass fidelity adjustment bar to ensure FPS never dips below 30."
              Amusing, and true. My point still stands though, this gen seems like you've just upgraded your PC, except you need new versions of the old games. Also although GPUs are crazy expensive it's not like you can just go and buy a PS5 if you feel like it unless... you pay scalper prices just like PC gamers do with GPUs. What a time to be alive.

Comment

Fanatical currently have three bundles of VR games. I have no idea if the included games are any good but I thought some of you might be interested.

Fanatical Quest VR Bundle

Build your own Elite VR Bundle

VR Adrenaline Bundle

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                  Fanatical currently have three bundles of VR games. I have no idea if the included games are any good but I thought some of you might be interested.

Fanatical Quest VR Bundle

Build your own Elite VR Bundle

VR Adrenaline Bundle
                  These are all good if people are getting into VR; nearly all these experiences are worth it.

Just most of these are one-note experiences, not full games in the sense you normally think of it. So Battlewake isn't VR Sea of Thieves, it just looks like it from sceenshots. These typify early VR, as in they're often brief but very fun experiences that were coming out thick and fast at one point as everyone tried to be the first to release a racing game, first to release a space combat game, first to release a competent FPS...

Comment

Reviews aren't stellar but... Transformers!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Reviews aren't stellar but... Transformers!
                      I've heard it's fine; it's just a rail-shooter. I'll probably get it though as I'm a big fan of the franchise.

Comment

Weirdly found myself in the boat that toward next summer, if things go as she plans, the missus has offered to buy me a PSVR2...

In the meantime though, I've used about 5 VR headsets over the years such as the Rift, Cosmo, Quest and PSVR but each has been a step up from another, I've never really gone backward with one.

My cheap PSVR turned up and thankfully was what it looked like from the photos. A second hand chain had taken it in, tumbled it into a box and put it on ebay cheap without checking the components so I now have a cheap PSVR v2 with camera V2 and two motion controllers. Not my first time owning one but it's been a while.

The field of vision is narrower than I recall and the bottom of the visor lets so much light in. The screendoor effect is very noticeable as well when blacks are on screen and it takes a beat to get the cables out the way and the camera lined up...

but...

Maybe the PS5 is contributing more than I remember but the image that is on screen is sharp with a higher sense of framerate than I noticed in Quest 2 (maybe because it's wired).

Comment

Join ussssss in the PSVR2 gang.

Comment

PSVR is great! Tracking let it down but I was happy to power through, constantly recentering everything! Obviously the screen is dire by todays standard but for the games it has that’s not important really. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                            X