No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not owned the PSVR but did borrow my friend's for several weeks. My impressions were mixed but mostly negative. The first time I fired up a VR game was amazing but the novelty didn't last long. The screen resolution is very poor, it quickly gets sweaty inside the headset and, despite taking 5 minute breaks every fifteen minutes of play, I couldn't avoid eye fatigue and colour-drain from my vision. The colour returned to my vision after a few minutes but the eye fatigue (which felt like being somewhat cross-eyed with a diminished ability to focus my vision sharply) lasted for days. Tried dialling the headset screen brightness right down to the minimum but that didn't help avoid said effects. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I've genuine concerns about the wisdom of focusing our vision on something just a couple of inches away from your face and subjecting delicate eyes to all that light. It's just not what they were designed for.
    Last edited by Zen Monkey; 12-01-2018, 13:25.

Comment

I do share Zen's concerns to some extent. Playing Polybius felt seizure-inducing ... just not a sensation I believe the eyes or brain are equipped to handle. Plus, I'd never play a game on it that would require more than say, half an hour ... that would be my session limit in VR I think.

Mush as Rez in VR blew my mind I actually sold mine this week, for a few reasons: (there's only one game I LOVE playing so it got very little use, I've had an intermittent handshake problem between the unit and the Pro since day one, and I wanted to part-fund a new hardware purchase).

For me it has been a system of one amazing high, couple of notables, then just novelty stuff. I might be back on board if ever the handshake prob is sorted (plenty of other Pro owners with the same issue online, though it seems to be a minority of Pro owners) but I'm in no rush. I did love my adventures with Rez though. It's pure magic.

Comment

From the above comments it's looking like I'll wait until 2069 for my headset-free VR F-Zero from Nintendo.

Comment

I had the Handshake issues on the Pro without the VR unit set up. The PS4 Pro is a poorly made system (awaits the insults)

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            I had the Handshake issues on the Pro without the VR unit set up. The PS4 Pro is a poorly made system (awaits the insults)
            You're so ugly, you went to a haunted house and were given an application form!

Oh, wait. Sorry, you mean insults about questioning PS4 Pro build quality.

As you were.

Comment

I'd agree with you. The first iteration of Sonys hardware generally is a bit pish hence why I'm holding off for the Super PS4 Pro 2 Turbo X instead.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Oh, wait. Sorry, you mean insults about questioning PS4 Pro build quality.

As you were.

Ban this troll. All he does is go around spewing venom and wit in equal doses on all and sundry! Although I really really do like his idea of buying a Community PSVR where we all chip in buy the unit and then enjoy it for a month before passing it on.

Some enterprising chap could turn that into a decent business model ya know.
              Last edited by replicashooter; 12-01-2018, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                No I was given Sticky Rice!

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                  Some enterprising chap could turn that into a decent business model ya know.
                  *cough* Blockbusters *cough*

I'd lend my unit out to you QC but I wouldn't let the great unwashed put their faces in my mask...

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                    I'd agree with you. The first iteration of Sonys hardware generally is a bit pish hence why I'm holding off for the Super PS4 Pro 2 Turbo X instead.
                    I don't have any issues with my launch PS3 or the old base PS4 which I still use

Community PSVR where we all chip in buy the unit and then enjoy it for a month before passing it on.
                    I haven't sold my base PS4 or my PS4 VR system (I'm not the one who sold their unit). Maybe before asking for people to be banned or calling people silly names, you take the time to read what people post; that could be an enterprise in it's self

Comment

Maybe before asking for people to be banned or calling people silly names, you take the time to read what people post; that could be an enterprise in it's self
                      The old me would've beefed with you till high noon and ripped you to shreds at every opportunity I get but the new 'sensible shoe' me just shook his head and chuckled so I'll leave this here instead:

Comment

Comment

We could easily settle this over Arms.

Best of three, or first to five?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                            I'd lend my unit out to you QC but I wouldn't let the great unwashed put their faces in my mask...
                            I'll have you know, I always have my annual bath, whether I need it or not!

Joking aside, that's one of the issues, isn't it?
                            There's a hygiene question when these things are used.

I was concerned when I tried the Shark Dive demo, but forgot all about it once the headset was on.

RS and TA: it's all just friendly banter.
                            If you think it's otherwise, just don't respond.

Thread back on-topic, please as it's one worth discussing.

Comment

The hygiene aspect really puts me off getting a 2nd hand one as well, especially as v2 has the built in earphones although they probably come with other covers too but generally the icky potential is strong.

That said I do remember sporting one of these back in the day:

When arcades were still a thing...

Comment

As I've mentioned in another thread, I can't recommend it. That said, I tried RE7 the other day and the resolution issues melt away when you're scared of turning the next corner because you don't know what you'll find.
                                I'd lend you mine if I could QC, but posting it back and forth would cost the same as buying one.

Comment

Working...
                                X