PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Can you get the unit over a pair of glasses?
    I'm a bit short-sighted, so I usually wear glasses indoors when watching tv, and the PSVR feels fine with them on. But luckily the image also looks fine without glasses. I'm glad because my glasses did come off a few times when I took the headset off. It takes a little while to get used to using the headset and what feels best.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 23-11-2018, 23:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Ah bollocks, I didn’t realise it was online multiplayer.

I thought to myself I wouldn’t mind another FPS, so I picked a pack up thinking I’d keep the game and sell the controller on as I already have one. (Giving me the game on the cheap) Too late to cancel it now as it’s shipped.
      It’s a single player game mate. There is online too but the campaign is several hours and plays well, long as you have the aim gun.

Comment

Farpoint I mean. Oh, did you buy firewall?

Comment

Talking about firewall zero hour [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], I’ve had farpoint since I first bought the PSVR.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Ah bollocks, I didn’t realise it was online multiplayer.

I thought to myself I wouldn’t mind another FPS, so I picked a pack up thinking I’d keep the game and sell the controller on as I already have one. (Giving me the game on the cheap) Too late to cancel it now as it’s shipped.
            No there's a great single player mode too. The game is ace and just so scary and intimidating to play having the enemies in 3D just put the sh8ts up me and makes one terrifred to look around the corner Have to say this game makes my respect for the Armed Forces even higher; to think that Troops have to do these sort of raids for real is nuts

BTW Colin if you haven't already get Rush of Blood , that game is better than any themepark ride mate

Comment

Just looking at the bundle deal on Currys. I can't tell if the headset is version 1 or 2 though. Anyone able to tell?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                Just looking at the bundle deal on Currys. I can't tell if the headset is version 1 or 2 though. Anyone able to tell?
                Easiest way to tell is to look at headsetwhere the ears would line up in the v1 headset it has a circular indentation on the headband, on a v2 headset there’s some slotted holes where you can store your earbuds when not in use. The pic on the curry’s website looks like a v1 headset but it might not be what you get as I’m not sure if Sony updated the box art to reflect the slight changes.

Im posting from my phone so I can’t insert pics easy but check the pics on this page it shows the differences
                Last edited by importaku; 24-11-2018, 13:10.

Comment

Thanks. They didn't have any stock left. Ended up getting it from Shopto. With VR Worlds, Astrobot and Move controllers for 226.

And just like Flynn... I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    I'm pretty sure all the big retailers don't have V1 headsets anymore. I think the current starter pack you see everywhere always includes the V2 headset.

I was a bit worried about that -- but got the V2 version. That Currys deal[£169 with Astro Bot] was the best I've seen. The Amazon bundle[starter pack and 2 games] I bought for £179 soon sold out.

It really makes you wonder how much the PSVR pack on its own is really worth? I guess we'll see it selling for £150 as standard next year. I think Sony really want to push the device and normalise it over the next couple of years.

Comment

Anyone new VR buyers want/ need a code for VR worlds?

My starter pack included two, and I cba to sell it. Only caveat is that it’s packed away so you won’t get it till next week

Comment

Oh dear looks like disaster crisis 4 is a dud going by the amazon reviews, such a shame as i was really looking forward to it. Will wait for it to drop in price to something a lot cheaper now, cancelled my order. No way i can justify nearly 7000 yen on something getting those kind of reviews when there's a huge list of VR games im currently buying my way through, already picked up 7 games & more coming on payday.

Comment

Guys with Firewall Zero Hour, please hype me more. This looks ace. You guys prefer playing with the aim controller or DS4?

Comment

Was at my brother's place for dinner - he offered me his 6 month old PS4 Slim 1TB for £155, yes sir. PS VR + Worlds is £155 during this "Black Week" farce and Astro Bot is 37% off on PSN. Best dinner I've ever attended and also God of War is amazing.

Dunno how to sell this to the Lordess of the manor though. That the kid will enjoy it a few years down the road?

Between all this and the Xbox One X being the best thing ever, I really don't know how I'll manage to find time for my GBA, DS, N64 and the Cube to be honest. Bit worrying
                            Last edited by Nico87; 25-11-2018, 23:25.

Comment

Well today my lens protectors finally arrived from vr lens lab, they were pretty expensive but you pay for quality & these things are stupidly high grade. Basically glasses lenses with a tiny rubber gasket around the groove in the lens they just push into the opening of the eyepieces on the headset there's just enough room for the rubber to make a tight fit & hold them in but they are not in stupidly tight you can easily pop them out with the included suction cups they also kindly give you a small extra supply of the rubber gaskets in case either of them break.

Bought a lens pen to clean the lenses thoroughly on both the headset and the protectors to make sure no dust was in there, installation is stupidly easy just carefully line up and push in till the rubber grips & thats it. No air bubble nonsense like with sticker type protectors. When in they are pretty much invisible if you didn't know they had been installed you'd never guess.

The special bluguard coating helps filter the blue light out helping relieve eye fatigue and as a extra bonus it improves contrast without messing up the colours. Also been fingerprint resistant and scratch resistant also helps. Totally chuffed with them & yes i am aware that i got my headset back out the box before xmas lol. Wanted to get these on before then, it's now back away.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Wanted to get these on before then, it's now back away.
                                I had to exchange the PSVR I bought last week, so I'll order a pair of these and then wait until they arrive before using the new PSVR I picked up today. They are definitely a must-have for me, despite the price being a bit steep. How long did yours take to arrive?

Comment

Working...
                                X