PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    I had to exchange the PSVR I bought last week, so I'll order a pair of these and then wait until they arrive before using the new PSVR I picked up today. They are definitely a must-have for me, despite the price being a bit steep. How long did yours take to arrive?
    I placed my order on Nov 10th but it said processing until Nov 19th then it changed to order complete & there was a DHL tracking number, they obviously turned up today they had no import duty on them to pay. Not sure if they make them to order but it would explain the time delay between ordering & shipping but they are worth the wait they are the best protectors i have ever bought for any item.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Guys with Firewall Zero Hour, please hype me more. This looks ace. You guys prefer playing with the aim controller or DS4?
      I'll be up for some of that action when the set is a little cheaper. I can't justify $100 right now.

Comment

I finally got round to playing Wipe-Out. Absolutely incredible experience ... though I came away feeling slightly woozy ... not quite motion-sick, but borderline. I'll keep going back in litle bursts. Might try GT Sport as an alternative driving experience. Supposed to be excellent use of VR, despite the limitations.

Comment

Has anyone here actually thrown up when experiencing PSVR? Or even returned it because it didn't agree with you?

Comment

I thought I'd be OK, but after 2 minutes of Wipeout, I threw up everywhere.

Man, the guys in GAME were pissed off.

Comment

It takes a few sessions with wipeout to get used to it [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION], but once you do it's immense!

Comment

Has anyone here actually thrown up when experiencing PSVR? Or even returned it because it didn't agree with you?
                Not PSVR, but I have experienced motion sickness using the earliest Oculus Rift headset years ago - which was highly disconcerting as I have never experienced motion sickness before from any real-life experience. I don't get car-sick, I love roller-coasters and theme park rides.

It was in Team Fortress 2, and I was the Scout. I mentioned to the guy who owned the headset that I wasn't feeling any motion sickness. He instructed me to do this:

Run backwards
                Strafe right
                Jump
                "Look" right on the mouse
                Look down and to the left with my head

I was overcome by a wave of nausea. I had to take the headset off and was glad we did this before lunch. It was about 10 minutes before I was "right" again.

The guy told me that after that experience, if I did it again, it wouldn't be as bad, and soon I'd be fine. These days I don't have a problem.

Comment

Worst thing would be to feel sick, snatch the headset off then throw up into the eye lens compartment... then be so disorientated that you forget and put the headset back on...

Comment

Haha I'd love to see this. If I had money to burn, I'd stage that and go viral.

Comment

Ginger tea or supplements are supposed to help with nausea in vr. Thanks to my health problems I’m all set in that respect as I have cyclazine so if it strikes I’m able to stop it in it’s tracks. On my quick go the only game to make me feel a bit off was that space one in the worlds compilation, soon as I started jumping on the asteroids it started to make me feel ill but I think I pushed myself too far. Will build up gradually to minimise it happening again.

Comment

Anyone wanting rick & morty on psvr it's just dropped from £34.99 to £19 on amazon for disk ver, glad i held off.

Comment

More time on Raw Data and the jury's still out.

When it's firing on all cylinders, it's the best PSVR game I've played, but it's just really lacking in basic polish.

Like tonight I had a problem occur where the game had a huge UI in my face telling me to reload my gun, but the magazine had disappeared from my hip. I had to actually kill myself to progress. Similarly, I keep missing bits of the story because the game gives me instructions, but if you do them in a timely fashion, it cuts off the conversations that make up the plot.

Another thing is that despite having calibrated the height, I feel "short" in-game? I don't get it. I'm nearly 6 foot in real life, but my character seems to be about sternum-height on the robots. That being said, I don't know if they're just tall (certainly some of them are huge).

Comment

Just had a quick go on Ocean Decent in VR Worlds. Wow, this tech is amazing. Yeah it's not super high Res, but I am still very immersed. The missus gegged in on my sesh demanding a go. She said 'wow, oh my god". It made me smile. She said " I want to try something else", I'm like, erm Luge? She did about a minute she has to disconnect. Going to try London Heist next as she wants to shoot stuff *rolls eyes

Comment

Just had a quick go on Ocean Decent in VR Worlds. Wow, this tech is amazing. Yeah it's not super high Res, but I am still very immersed. The missus gegged in on my sesh demanding a go. She said 'wow, oh my god". It made me smile. She said " I want to try something else", I'm like, erm Luge? She did about a minute she has to disconnect. Going to try London Heist next as she wants to shoot stuff *rolls eyes
                              I actually think the Luge on VR Worlds is the weakest thing I've played on the setup. It's just not very entertaining.

Everything else on VR worlds is great. The Pong thing might not be amazing but it's a great calibration test.

Comment

Yeah it looked gash, but I didn't know any better. I'm just waiting to get Astrobot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X