PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSVR Owners Thread.

Having just got into PS4 gaming with my xmas purchase of the Pro.

I'm pretty interested (if the price is right) in getting one.
    As there seems to be a reasonable amount of compatible games and more games coming out.

any way your views?

I am one of the biggest advocates I know. I love everything about it and have been as supportive as possible in buying games for it to make sure it doesn't die out!

Titles I have bought:

Driveclub VR
    Rush of Blood
    VR Worlds
    Rez
    Resident Evil 7 (UNMISSABLE in VR)
    Keep Talking and Nobody explodes
    Trackmania Turbo
    Superhot VR
    Star Trek Bridge Crew
    Arizona Sunshine
    Robinson: The Journey
    Farpoint VR
    Doom VFR
    Tumble VR
    The Brookhaven Experiment (not great)
    Weeping Doll (TERRIBLE - DO NOT BUY)
    Batman VR
    Dirt Rally Upgrade
    Psychonauts VR
    Thumper (AMAZING)
    Gran Turismo (Could be better - 1v1 races only)

As well as a few random experiences like Everest. It totally changes the way I feel about gaming and (as the list kind of indicates) I can't get enough of it.

Comment

what controller type do you recommend, is the Move the way to go?

i have 2 from my PS3 are they compatible?

Comment

Move is ok for some things but to be fair, I've played Farpoint with the DS4 and did not like the move controls for Doom (see PS4 thread).

Your old wands will work and they come into their own for titles like Batman, Superhot, VR Worlds, Keep Talking and Star Trek.

I imagine they will be good in Arizona but that might be another example where the DS4 is superior for movement, I only downloaded it last night.

Comment

People have said things about the Move bit I found them very impressive in the VRWorlds target shooting tech demo. It's the fact that you can actually look down the sights of the gun and the bullet goes where you're looking. Seems daft to say, but obviously the Wii and lightgun games don't really do this.

Comment

I got my money's worth pretty quick, and am surprised at how many titles keep coming for this. I actually have a backlog - Statik, Keep Talking..., Doom, Superhot, and when I get to picking it up, Bridge Crew looks like a giggle too.

Rez remains a highlight, and Resi 7 is glorious, but I've also enjoyed Super Hypercube, Thumper, Rush of Blood, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              People have said things about the Move bit I found them very impressive in the VRWorlds target shooting tech demo. It's the fact that you can actually look down the sights of the gun and the bullet goes where you're looking. Seems daft to say, but obviously the Wii and lightgun games don't really do this.
              THIS - but in Farpoint. I did a big write up that we lost but you're right, actually aiming and not flicking a thumbstick is a whole other ball game. Much more difficult than playing CoD and much more true to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                i think the issue is that the psvr motion control is really on the edge of a cliff where vr is concerned, as a pointer the move is fine but its when you try and use it as a hand then things start to break. Take Job simulator i was well up for this on the psvr but after playing the demo i soon went off that idea. The PSVR version is extremely Glitchy and its very tricky to move things about in this game, likewise batman VR is the same. I don't think it would have taken much for them to update the controllers especially when you think about how much tracking tech has come on since the PS3. The Vive, Oculus and Mixed reality controllers are leaps and bounds ahead of the Move controllers.

Comment

I can't really afford/justify getting a PSVR rig, but would love to spend some time on it.

I've been meaning to ask for a while if anyone on the forum would consider lending or loaning their kit for about a month?
                  Courier would be whichever one you prefer and shipped back tracked.

Feel free to tell me to GTFO, but it doesn't seem like users are solidly on VR, just dipping in when a new game comes out, so a month without PSVR wouldn't be missed.

Let me know if you think this is a viable proposition!

Comment

It's not viable right now. Not at the price point for the tech you're getting.

I'd be sensible about it and wait until v.2 hits. Then buy one second-hand, maybe.

Ultimately you have to add up the value of what you consider to be the essential games. Once that supersedes the cost of the hardware you're good to go.

Comment

Usual rules apply with Sony peripherals, if you can ride it out to E3 all the better in order to have your indicator as to how invested Sony is. Sales of PSVR were pretty solid over Xmas but the flip side is last years support from Sony was concerning. If it's barely mentioned this year...

Comment

Software content is the focus for PSVR this year.
                        According to a report by Silicon Era, Sony expects to increase the number of PSVR games from 150 to 280 over the course of 2018. Citing Japanese financial publication Nikkei, the report holds the 80 percent increase in games planned for 2018 is primarily due to the fact that Sony has shipped over 2 million PSVR units …

Comment

As long as Sony's actually driving that and doesn't rely on belated ports of PC indie games that'll be good. More support than they gave the poor Vita...

Comment

Really want one of these but am holding off till it dips to the inevitable £150 sweet spot. Do you need all the bells and whistles like those extra controllers and stuff to get the best experience or will just the hat do fine with your normal DS4?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I can't really afford/justify getting a PSVR rig, but would love to spend some time on it.

I've been meaning to ask for a while if anyone on the forum would consider lending or loaning their kit for about a month?
                              Courier would be whichever one you prefer and shipped back tracked.

Feel free to tell me to GTFO, but it doesn't seem like users are solidly on VR, just dipping in when a new game comes out, so a month without PSVR wouldn't be missed.

Let me know if you think this is a viable proposition!
                              Hahaha you cheapskate.

I really want a PSVR, but I had a lot of stuff to pay for over Xmas so didn't pick up one of the Black Friday deals. Should've done though, really. I think there's enough software to justify it now, and at £250 with the camera and Skyrim thrown in, the price really was right.

Sometimes it's good not to be too sensible

Comment

Working...
                              X