No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't bother opening it and just sell it on.

Comment

I honestly don't know why they couldn't structure the single player like CSGO does with bots. Even have a R6V style terrorist hunt.

Defending in Solo play is such an bad reflection of what the game is about. You guard a laptop whilst waves and waves of bad guys come. Attacking is the reverse.

In Contracts it's straight up 4 v 4. Not 1 v 32.
      Last edited by hudson; 15-12-2018, 19:05.

Comment

Slight irk, I want to play the VR Content on Battlefront - JUST that. So I downloaded the VR add-on and bought a disc copy of the game for £2.

The game tried to update and wanted to download 27gb!! Five hours, it said! Screw that. Plus it now needs to install, so I'm waiting for that to install a game I don't even intend to play.

They honestly should've put that VR content up as a stand-alone for a fiver. I would've paid it. As it is, I've given EA zero revenue, because the add-on is free and my copy was 2nd-hand.

EDIT: Turns out the 20-odd gb update is mandatory for the VR content, so the game I wanted to play today, that I own on disc, will have to wait for tomorrow. Makes me glad I've only got the PS4 for VR.

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        I honestly don't know why they couldn't structure the single player like CSGO does with bots. Even have a R6V style terrorist hunt.
        A developer has to pick their battles. It might've seemed a better idea to focus entirely on multiplayer, because games like Farpoint and The Persistence exist. Who knows, maybe if they do a sequel they'll do more solo stuff.
        Last edited by Asura; 15-12-2018, 19:25.

Comment

I'm glad you said that Asura, I almost fell in to the same trap. I dont know why I didn't expect it. Its probably not worth it for the length of the gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            @Team Andromeda said it had a campaign?
            There is a single player mode, buts it's a lot like Siege where it's training you up for the multiplayer mode, but the experience is so utterly brilliant (and also terrifying) its well worth getting at its cheap price. You really do feel like the SAS and it's just so intimidating having AI bad guys trying to kill you in 3D.

Games like this shows what will be possible down the road, when VR really gets mainstream and matures

Comment

The AI are thick though. It's like being in the SAS and the enemy are zombies.

I really hope they patch in a more enjoyable bots mode. I really do. CSGO nails it.

If you can dare yourself, go straight in MP, it's amazing. As I said the community is mature and helpful and fun.
              Last edited by hudson; 17-12-2018, 08:16.

Comment

The AI are thick though. It's like being in the SAS and the enemy are zombies.
                Fair point, but its still an amazing experience and it's only £20. I'm very happy with it, it uses VR to give you an experience you can't possibly get otherwise. Its still early days for VR thought the controls in these style of games need more work, but games like this just show what can be down now and the incredible potential for VR FPS games going forward

Comment

It really does show VR off in an unbelievable way. The frustrating thing about these games is trying to convince someone with words.

I'm hoping there are loads under trees for Xmas. Sales go crazy and support goes mental.

Comment

It really does show VR off in an unbelievable way. The frustrating thing about these games is trying to convince someone with words.

I'm hoping there are loads under trees for Xmas. Sales go crazy and support goes mental.
                    The huge trouble with VR is you need to experience and play it for yourself. No amount of good reviews, youtube vids can ever do it justice

Comment

Had an afternoon binge watching 3D bluerays, contrary to the doom mongers on the net it's perfectly watchable, yes you can see the pixels of the screen but the quality is still pretty decent. Better quality than seeing it at the cinema thats for sure as the picture get darkened quite a lot by those annoying 3D sunglasses. In psvr you get it at normal brigtness, that alone makes up for it not been super pin sharp HD, gonna have to start expanding my 3D disk collection now.

Comment

List of psvr games coming next year...

Comment

It genuinely shocks me how many games that are coming out for the system that I WILL buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            List of psvr games coming next year...

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/..._games_in_2019
                            Thanks for the list Ace Combat 7 not on there and that is probably because VR misssions are only 3 hours and not full game . I’m a bit annoyed by this but best anticipate Blood and Wine and Vacation simulator for full VR content to get excited about then I guess...

Comment

It's the first game on the list... But yes, it mentions the VR bit is only 3 hours long.

Comment

Yes. It'll be one that I buy at a cheap price. Wolfenstein might be good, it's on my radar now.
                                I'm intrigued by Dreams in VR, I doubt I could build very much in it, but the community builds by others could be great if people push it.

Comment

Working...
                                X