User Tag List

Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60150158159160161162 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1613
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Played Ace Combat vr at my mates on Sat for the first time. Best showcase for vr on console yet and certainly the best experience i've had on this gen so far. Stick the Top Gun soundtrack on for ultimate "realism" .

However, still, the tech isn't there for me personally, the headset is permanently blurry no matter how i adjust it, just doesn't sit right on me to align the images, plus vr makes me incredibly motion sick in about 2 mins.
    there is a thing called Vr legs the more you use it the more you get used to it, starting on something as intense as ace combat probably wasn't the best way to start, I aways use something static like Moss, Job simulator or Accounting Plus as a good grounder.

There's a difference between low-res and blurry.
    It's not 4K sharp and there's nothing you can do about that, but there's a sweet spot in positioning the headset to make it focused that you just can't tell people because only they can see it.

Got a few games I want to play, but having to pack it away (kids around) is a mild faff.

The weather changed today and the temperature dropped. VR in cooler temperatures is a lot more conducive to an enjoyable experience!
    Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-09-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Yes, ours has been packed away for a while ... might be time to bust it out when that new table tennis game lands.

My youngest LOVES playing Creed but the headset does get sweaty in the warmer months. I did laugh when he was playing it one time. There was a part we had to take a few cracks at where you fight a burly security geezer in a back street. Joel eventually floored him and in a moment of winner's euphoria he leaned over and punched him in the tail Yeah, that's what you get mr security man!!

Has anyone got any good camera stand solutions?

Basically, is there a "Gorilla Grip" stand or something similar?
    My camera doesn't stay in the same place, depending on the game.

There doesn't seem to be a tripod mount on the camera, which would've really helped!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-09-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    There's a difference between low-res and blurry.
    It's not 4K sharp and there's nothing you can do about that, but there's a sweet spot in positioning the headset to make it focused that you just can't tell people because only they can see it.

Got a few games I want to play, but having to pack it away (kids around) is a mild faff.

The weather changed today and the temperature dropped. VR in cooler temperatures is a lot more conducive to an enjoyable experience!
    I've tried everything adjustment wise on the various times I've played it, however the headset always shifts right away and un-aligns the image again making it incredibly blurry. It just doesn't work on my head at all the psvr headset, i have never tried vive or any of the pc headsets, maybe one of those would be better fitting & picture wise.

You know there's a dial on the back of the headband to tighten it up a bit?

I mean, it's obvious to everybody reading this that you've got a lumpy peanuthead, but I'm trying to not make you feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    I've tried everything adjustment wise on the various times I've played it, however the headset always shifts right away and un-aligns the image again making it incredibly blurry. It just doesn't work on my head at all the psvr headset, i have never tried vive or any of the pc headsets, maybe one of those would be better fitting & picture wise.
    One of my friends kids uses an old school sweat band and that helps. I`ve used Vive, Index and Rift CV1 and they all take a little bit of adjustment as well.

PSVR takes time to get used to, both for fitting and for motion sickness.

My tips:
    When you put on the headset close one eye and nudge the headset around until the image is clear, then do the same for the other eye without moving it too much. I would also suggest changing the brightness to about 75%, the image looks a bit smoother and less jarring on the eyes.
    Its also worth measuring your IPD, and setting it up. Some say its not worth it, but i noticed the difference.
    Then you should start by playing gentle games at 20 minutes at a time, with a 20 minute break. Do this for a week and you should have your 'VR Legs'.

My knuckle hurts.

I've got a mate who wants to try PSVR out and I wanted to check out what I want to show him as you can easily fill a night with one game.

Took a while to set the camera up (using electrical tape until the stand arrives), then dived into Batman Arkham VR because last time I'd looked I was seated and it recommended standing.

Wow! I loved it - I'm BATMAN .

I'm glad I got it cheap as it's just a night's entertainment, but it's a real blast.
    It properly made me jump at times!
    I enjoyed solving the various puzzles and it emphasised the detective element rather than fighting, which I love and is missing from most Batman films.

So, I finished it, and that unlocks Riddler mode with more puzzle boxes to find, making it replayable, but there's an element of repetition, which could drag.

Then I looked at The Playroom, but it's AR, rather than VR, so moved on.

I fired up Superhot as a refresher, but ended up replaying most the game. Those later levels where you have multiple stages to complete can be tough, but it feels badass when you do it in style.

Unfortunately, I bobbed and weaved a bit too much and ended up punching a cupboard, which is why my knuckle hurts!

I finished off loading the first VR Demo, which has quite a lot on it, including Job Simulator. I'd sat down by this point and messed up the calibration. I also thought I want to play it eventually, so stopped playing.

1:15am - I'd totally lost track of the time with the headset on!

So, I think I'm going to show my friend:
    VR Worlds - Shark Encounter
    VR Worlds - London Heist
    The Playroom VR - Robot Rescue
    The Playroom VR - Monster Escape
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Batman
    Superhot

I don't think I could squeeze much more in during one night!