No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I entered the serial number with just a lower case first letter and it went through

Comment

Does this adapt to a USB end (and so then means you can plug into a PC)?

Comment

You can already plug PSVR into a PC, the HDMI out on the processing unit into your PC, and the micro USB to USB cable from the processing unit to your PC also. Only something like Trinus will make use of it though, it's not that great. I think the adapter is for the cameras cable, as that is a propriety cable type and the PS5 doesn't have that input.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
          Does this adapt to a USB end (and so then means you can plug into a PC)?
          You can, but I strongly recommend not doing it. Just because it takes a really long time/faff to set up, and the end result isn't good enough for the time investment.

Comment

No, I mean does the Camera adpater mean the Ps4 specific end will be made into a standard USB so it can be connected *without faff*? I did not specify the camera Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
              No, I mean does the Camera adpater mean the Ps4 specific end will be made into a standard USB so it can be connected *without faff*? I did not specify the camera Sorry.
              Yeah that's right. It'll be an adapter that converts the camera plug into a standard USB.

Comment

Pic of the adapter

Comment

It annoyed me that they made it a proprietary in the first place, so pointless - and stopped me from being able to chuck in cable extenders and have the camera where I needed it.

Comment

I just bought a ps camera extension cable it works like a charm, but yeah one extra thing that wasn't needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      There is some confusion about how VR works on the PS5. It stems for NMS PS5 enhancements. Do we get the ps5 version of NMS through the VR headset or the ps4 version, considering the DualSense doesn't work with PSVR.
                      That is a great question. I'm hoping for the PS5 version that uses the DS4. There can't be any difference in resolution, but maybe we can get some *amazing* draw ahead...or at least, less pop-up.

Comment

Pack it up and sell it. It's not getting any games on the PS5.

If you buy the PS5 versions of Hitman 3 or No Man’s Sky in the coming months, you won’t have access to either game’s PSVR support found in their PS4 versions, as the company has not announced PSVR games on PS5. On the subject of Hitman 3,

Comment

lol no, i still use mine. There's still a buttload of vr games i have yet to buy & play.

Comment

Hmm... that's interesting, means a PSVR2 launch would have to be pretty much handled as entirely new product rather than an extension as in about 12 months time the new releases on PS4 are going to start drying up hard. Reduces the chances of a PSVR2 launch in the next few years too as Sony will need to pour more resources into the launch as well.

Comment

Bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a second hand bundle, newer model with HDR pass through, second model camera, 2 x move controllers and a single aim controller with some physical games (Astrobit, Firewall and Farpoint) - will be interesting trying the FPS games in VR, I don’t tend to get on with FPS games normally due to control schemes, so I’m curious how they play here.

It’s actually gonna be an xmas pressie from Mrs Mmmonkey, but reckon I should try it once before packed away ;-) At least this should give me time to pickup some game bargains hopefully.

I was contemplating Black Friday, but i just decided to get a second hand bundle in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                                Bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a second hand bundle, newer model with HDR pass through, second model camera, 2 x move controllers and a single aim controller with some physical games (Astrobit, Firewall and Farpoint) - will be interesting trying the FPS games in VR, I don’t tend to get on with FPS games normally due to control schemes, so I’m curious how they play here.

It’s actually gonna be an xmas pressie from Mrs Mmmonkey, but reckon I should try it once before packed away ;-) At least this should give me time to pickup some game bargains hopefully.

I was contemplating Black Friday, but i just decided to get a second hand bundle in the end.
                                First time is the best. Take it slow though.

Comment

Working...
                                X