Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Ah okay, cheers both.
    I'll have a look tonight. Don't want my friend having a blurred experience.

@importaku I also need to get some of your mods you've posted (thanks).
    Probably don't need the sweat band, but what were those lens protectors?
    Any good?
    The hard protectors are from vrlenslab they are expensive but they are fantastic even with the amount of times I have cleaned the grease off them they are still scratch free once on you’ll never need to remove them unless you badly scratch them. They also make a seal so nothing will ever touch those original lenses underneath, they don’t affect the clarity or anything else. Totally took the worry out of just using the headset normally even with my glasses lenses bumping into them all the time
    Our PSVR lenses protect your headset lenses from scratches. For the upcoming PSVR2 we will have support for prescription lenses, too.

If you want me to show you my camera rig I can show you the parts I put it together with as it was a pain finding something that would hold it. What I have now is great for adjusting height and any angle. You might need a camera extension cable depending on how you have it set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      Here’s a FAQ on PS site, section is Adjust the PS VR for Eye Distance.
      https://support.playstation.com/s/ar...language=en_US
      I followed these steps and I think it made a slight difference, thanks.
      I probably never would have found it buried in menus, so I appreciated the link.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      The hard protectors are from vrlenslab they are expensive but they are fantastic even with the amount of times I have cleaned the grease off them they are still scratch free once on you’ll never need to remove them unless you badly scratch them. They also make a seal so nothing will ever touch those original lenses underneath, they don’t affect the clarity or anything else. Totally took the worry out of just using the headset normally even with my glasses lenses bumping into them all the time
      https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/play...ens-protector/
      Yes, those are them!
      Might treat myself to some as I always panic when I see a mark and think it's a scratch until it wipes off.
      Thanks.

If you want me to show you my camera rig I can show you the parts I put it together with as it was a pain finding something that would hold it. What I have now is great for adjusting height and any angle. You might need a camera extension cable depending on how you have it set up.
      I've got a plan, but yes please, it'd be interesting to see how you've got yours set up, cheers.

Comment

Had another VR session last night and just faffed about with the demos.
        Odd that there's a bit of repetition between the three demos.
        I said there's a bit of repetition.

Like Moss is on 2 of them, Battlezone and Job Simulator are on all 3 and so on.

Demo 1 Demo 2 Demo 3
        RIGS™ Mechanized Combat League
        PlayStation® VR Worlds
        Tumble VR
        Until Dawn™: Rush of Blood
        Here They Lie
        Battlezone®
        EVE: Valkyrie
        Headmaster
        Wayward Sky
        Harmonix Music VR
        Job Simulator
        Rez Infinite
        Thumper
        Allumette
        Battlezone®
        EVE: Valkyrie
        Moss
        Star Child
        The Persistence
        Thumper
        Tiny Trax
        Dino Frontier *
        Fantastic Contraption *
        Job Simulator *
        Raw Data *
        Rez Infinite
        Astro Bot Rescue Mission™
        SUPERHOT VR
        Headmaster
        Resident Evil 7 biohazard Teaser Demo: The Kitchen
        Job Simulator*
        Moss™
        The Persistence
        Thumper
        Battlezone®
        Anyway, I think I'll get Moss eventually, so I didn't play that to keep it fresh, but I did try:
        Tumble VR
        Battlezone
        Headmaster
        Wayward Sky
        Harmonix Music VR
        Rez Infinite
        Thumper
        Allumette
        The Persistence
        Fantastic Contraption

Tumble VR is a fun stacking game, like Jenga or Beasts of balance. There's a lot of hand-holding when you just want to start stacking, but there's bit of variety, like blasting towers down.

Battlezone VR was exactly as you'd imagine a VR update on the arcade classic and it's amazing to think how far we've come, technologically. The thank handles well and there's a mix of enemies, but I felt a bit outgunned a lot of the time.

Headmaster was basic, but entertaining. They've taken heading footballs into a goal and made it fun and humorous.
        Fair play, I could adjust my position and aim where I wanted the ball to go.

Wayward Sky was very short, but I really liked it. I quite like the games where you're big and it's like you're looking at a model village. You swap between this god-mode and first-person so control your character to get through puzzle mazes.

Harmonix Music VR started off a bit lame, like an updated PSOne music visualiser or one of those Winamp plugins! It got better, though as I was really laughing at the monster disco, animating them to the music and watching them loop. One guy was doing the robot, another big box/little box and another an Irish jig until the time ran out. There was also a crazy 3D art mode where I drew Mario. Totally intuitive, and easy to use. It's a total gimmick of a "game", but a unique experience.

Rez Infinite is a lovely update of the classic and fits with VR even better than the original PS2 format, but if you don't like the original, this won't win you over. You're still holding X, waving the cursor around, letting go and repeat.

Thumper was better that Rez, IMHO from the two demos. It's like a cross between Rez and Guitar Hero. You travel a track with obstacles to tackle in time with the music. I quite liked this both the challenge and the trippy visuals.

Allemette is the first section of a VR animation. I loved it and I've just set the PS4 to download the whole thing as it's free. Another "model village" telling a unique version of "The Little Matchgirl".

The Persistence was the first FPS of the night and thought it was really good. I enjoyed exploring the environment, finding the loot, upgrading the weapons and taking on the enemies. You can be stealthy or go in all guns blazing, but there's finite ammo, so be careful. Loved the sci-fi zombie setting and the controls were a pretty natural combination of FPS controls and teleport.

Fantastic Contraption was also lots of fun. Didn't master zooming in, but was gutted when the demo ended.
        It's a lot like those McDonald's app games were you have to build a car from parts to jump a ravine, by using parts to make contraptions to carry a ball into a goal area. Apart from the camera (which is my fault for zooming through the tutorial), the controls were intuitive and I was soon clicking together little buggies and getting a sense of achievement seeing them trundle successfully across the map.

I've added most of those to the PS Store wishlist and I'll check if they hit the sales as most of them were good fun.
        It's hard to pick a favourite as it was such an eclectic mix!

I also tested watching a 3D movie as Jurassic World 2 was still in the drive, but for some reason, it dropped out the sound when it started. Sound was on the menu screens and it worked on normal Blu-Rays, but 3D ones dropped the sound. It did the same on Ready Player One. Any ideas?

Comment

This is how i have my camera set up, it comprises of 4 pieces of gear the first one been a PSVR camera extension cable as i have my camera set up a bit away from my console facing my bed instead of my tv so the camera wont reach that far alone as the cable is no way long enough.

With how i have it set up i can adjust not only the height to nearly 7 feet off the ground but thanks to the swivel mount i can adjust it to any angle. This will give you crazy amounts of control on making it work it's best with any game.

The camera is held in place on it's stand with a tripod phone mount it's spring loaded with little rubber grips on the edge that perfectly grip over the edge of the camera stand and hold it securely and then gives me a screw hole to mount the next bit.

This is the swivel mount that allows me to adjust to any angle needed.

And finally a cheapy adjustable stand to screw it all into, it's sturdy enough to hold the camera without toppling over, i am planning to fix the cable a bit neater with some velcro ties to the stand but that's pretty much it. Took a crapload of searching to find the bits needed but i found them on Amazon/ebay, the stand is amazons own budget one for around tenner.

Stand

Swivel mount

The camera mount was off ebay if you search Zacro phone mount there's many sellers selling them it's a bit cheapy feeling but it does work and more importantly the screw fittings are all the correct size to go with the stand and swivel mount, you wouldn't believe how much of a ballache it was trying to figure it all out when they don't list the damn dimensions lol

As for the lens protectors this is how they look installed they pretty much look like part of the headset when they are in you'd never know they were 3rd party acessories, the blue tint is because they filter out the harsh blue light making it kinder to your eyes. Doesn't affect the colours though.

Last edited by importaku; 27-09-2019, 21:35.

Comment

The camera is held in place on it's stand with a tripod phone mount it's spring loaded with little rubber grips on the edge that perfectly grip over the edge of the camera stand and hold it securely and then gives me a screw hole to mount the next bit.
            Admit it mate, you had to dismantle your selfie stick for this. It's a noble sacrifice.

(I probably need to do something like this at some point, I've used all kinds of shoddy DIY solutions to position my camera, including but not limited to resting it on a laundry rack with the extension lead wrapped round the wires to hold a position...)

Comment

Originally posted by Me
              So, I think I'm going to show my friend:
              VR Worlds - Shark Encounter
              VR Worlds - London Heist
              The Playroom VR - Robot Rescue
              The Playroom VR - Monster Escape
              Star Wars Battlefront
              Batman
              Superhot

I don't think I could squeeze much more in during one night!
              So I used this as a guide for my friend testing it out last night and he loved it!
              He's run it past his wife and got shot down, though!

I popped on Staik at the end too, which he enjoyed.

I think his favourite was Star Wars as he's a big fan anyway and it really is a treat.
              I love the start where the title appears then an AT-AT stomps down.

As for the sound issue on 3D films, plugging in headphones to the VR headset's input works, but it doesn't work from anywhere else. Weird.

This is how i have my camera set up...
              That's brilliant, thanks for sharing!
              I've ordered a grip and "octopus" stand, so I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Admit it mate, you had to dismantle your selfie stick for this. It's a noble sacrifice.

(I probably need to do something like this at some point, I've used all kinds of shoddy DIY solutions to position my camera, including but not limited to resting it on a laundry rack with the extension lead wrapped round the wires to hold a position...)
                Don't be daft, i have a second selfie stick for my instasham thot shots

Comment

Clamp finally arrived.
                  So, it's a u-shaped torch grip and an octopus stand.

Comment

I finally played the Blood & Truth demo the other day, really enjoyed it. The full game is £19.99 on the store at the moment, but I'd prefer a physical copy, is there anywhere doing it for around the same price?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      I finally played the Blood & Truth demo the other day, really enjoyed it. The full game is £19.99 on the store at the moment, but I'd prefer a physical copy, is there anywhere doing it for around the same price?
                      £27.99 at Amazon, Base, Argos and a couple on eBay for about £25.

Comment

Anyone tried that Minotaur arcade vol1 on the ps store yet? Found polybius fun in vr wondering if this compilation is any good. Haven’t seen what’s on the horizon for psvr recently wonder if releases are slowing down as I haven’t seen much mentioned recently.

Comment

Audica (Harmonix) - November 5th
                          Battlewake - 2019
                          Blunt Force - 2019
                          Budget Cuts - Fall 2019
                          CoolPaint VR Collectors Edition
                          Crazy Machines
                          Dreams
                          Espire 1: VR Operative - August
                          Final Assault - 4th Qrt 2019
                          Firmament - 3rd Qrt 2020
                          Golem
                          GORN - 2020
                          Home Sweet Home
                          Honor And Duty: D-Day - All Out War Edition
                          Marvel's Iron Man VR - 2019
                          Nostos - 2nd Qrt 2020
                          Paper Beast - 2019
                          Pistol Whip - 4th Qrt 2019
                          Pixel Ripped 1995 - 2nd Qrt 2020
                          Shadow Legend VR - 4th Qrt 2019
                          Sniper Elite VR - 2019/2020
                          Solaris: Offworld Combat - 2nd Qrt 2020
                          Space Channel 5 VR Kinda Funky News Flash! - 2019
                          Star Child - 2019
                          The Angry Birds Movie 2 VR: Under Pressure
                          The Walking Dead Onslaught - 2019/2020
                          Undead Citadel - 2019
                          VR Ping Pong Pro
                          Wolfenstein Cyberpilot VR
                          Zero Caliber - 2019

Last edited by QualityChimp; 18-10-2019, 14:39.

Comment

I'm at a point where I feel it's kinda nuts I don't own one of these. I'm hoping for some really deep discounts around Black Friday. My target would be about £200 for the headset, camera and two Moves, but not sure if that's unrealistic.

Comment

Anyone tried that Minotaur arcade vol1 on the ps store yet?
                              Woah, I didn't even know this was a thing ... time too set the headset up and dive it

Comment

Yeah I just saw it as the newest release on the ps store, not checked in a while as non vr stuff has been taking my game time up but discovered crazy machines has a physical version version so I have just bought that. Need to see if any more new ones have disk versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X