• Show
Clear All

Pistol Whip.

Comment

That looks intense!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        That looks intense!
        It's... Okay. I've tried it on other platforms. I think, overall, Beat Saber is the better game; it's effectively Beat Saber where you shoot guns instead of using Lightsabers.

Comment

Just got a Rift S. I'll compare it to PSVR:

Positives:
          Video pass through lets you see the real world around you
          Audio delivered by speakers in the headset lets you hear the real world
          Setting up a guardian area so you don't smack into walls
          The tracking!! This is absolutely rock solid, requiring no cameras or any other external equipment
          The controllers. Obviously these trounce the PS Move controls

Negatives:
          Possibly not as comfortable, time will tell
          Display no better than PSVR, possibly not even as good to be honest. Good enough.
          Costs £400 and needs a grand of PC to use it.

Comment

Sounds like PSVR wins. Nice one.

Comment

Really only tracking lets PSVR down, and controllers limit some games I guess. It's an amazing system for the money.

Comment

Does the Rift track you moving around via your feet too?

Comment

Let's hope the PS5 has some software improvements for it. Iron Man has 360 tracking magic, let's bake that in.

Comment

Iron man wouldn't even work for me at all. Just said I was outside the safe zone or something. I reset everything multiple times to no avail.

Does it track via your feet? You mean does it have room scale? Yes. I mean it doesn't know if I scooted across the room on a chair or if I walked but it supports me wandering round the whole room.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Iron man wouldn't even work for me at all. Just said I was outside the safe zone or something. I reset everything multiple times to no avail.

Does it track via your feet? You mean does it have room scale? Yes. I mean it doesn't know if I scooted across the room on a chair or if I walked but it supports me wandering round the whole room.
                      I actually don't know. I don't have it. I know it can track your movements even when you aren't facing the camera.
                      I have problems with Dreams though. It never sees my controller. I basically have to hold the controller above my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        I actually don't know. I don't have it. I know it can track your movements even when you aren't facing the camera.
                        I have problems with Dreams though. It never sees my controller. I basically have to hold the controller above my head.
                        Yea I think a lot of clever software is needed to get PSVR tracking working well and some games just don't do it. Dirt rally would move my driver into the passenger seat very gradually during the course of an event for example. Wipeout though is the greatest VR game ever. It's bang on. Skyrim VR on PSVR works really well too.

The Rift S has cameras in the headset so it can't ever actually lose track of you because it bases it's position off your surroundings, like MS Hololens does. This is the best way to do it IMO.

Comment

Dirt is a weird one. Sometimes it'll shift me or slowly rotate me to the left. Other times it's rock solid and I can play for a couple of hours with no issue.
                          Wipeout is awesome. I think they are real graphical marvels on every generation. On PS3 I think it was one of the best looking games and the psp version was outstanding. Its another one that needs a PS5 update to get all kinds of light effects and partials and stuff. Really bring it to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Yeah so you map out your room with sensor beacons or something?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              Yeah so you map out your room with sensor beacons or something?
                              No, it just knows your room from the 5 cameras in the headset. You can 'draw' a guardian boundary too to let iy know the safe area you can move about in and as you approach the boundary (headset or controllers) a gid fades in to let you know.

Comment

Can someone clarify this, please? Clap Hanz tweeted this minutes ago. Is Everybody's Golf VR only coming out in Japan this week or is this an update?

Comment

Working...
                                X