PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Played Ace Combat vr at my mates on Sat for the first time. Best showcase for vr on console yet and certainly the best experience i've had on this gen so far. Stick the Top Gun soundtrack on for ultimate "realism" .

However, still, the tech isn't there for me personally, the headset is permanently blurry no matter how i adjust it, just doesn't sit right on me to align the images, plus vr makes me incredibly motion sick in about 2 mins.
    there is a thing called Vr legs the more you use it the more you get used to it, starting on something as intense as ace combat probably wasn't the best way to start, I aways use something static like Moss, Job simulator or Accounting Plus as a good grounder.

Comment

There's a difference between low-res and blurry.
      It's not 4K sharp and there's nothing you can do about that, but there's a sweet spot in positioning the headset to make it focused that you just can't tell people because only they can see it.

Got a few games I want to play, but having to pack it away (kids around) is a mild faff.

The weather changed today and the temperature dropped. VR in cooler temperatures is a lot more conducive to an enjoyable experience!
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-09-2019, 09:34.

Comment

Yes, ours has been packed away for a while ... might be time to bust it out when that new table tennis game lands.

My youngest LOVES playing Creed but the headset does get sweaty in the warmer months. I did laugh when he was playing it one time. There was a part we had to take a few cracks at where you fight a burly security geezer in a back street. Joel eventually floored him and in a moment of winner's euphoria he leaned over and punched him in the tail Yeah, that's what you get mr security man!!

Comment

Has anyone got any good camera stand solutions?

Basically, is there a "Gorilla Grip" stand or something similar?
          My camera doesn't stay in the same place, depending on the game.

There doesn't seem to be a tripod mount on the camera, which would've really helped!

Comment

Hmmm...

this might work:

Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-09-2019, 11:07.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              There's a difference between low-res and blurry.
              It's not 4K sharp and there's nothing you can do about that, but there's a sweet spot in positioning the headset to make it focused that you just can't tell people because only they can see it.

Got a few games I want to play, but having to pack it away (kids around) is a mild faff.

The weather changed today and the temperature dropped. VR in cooler temperatures is a lot more conducive to an enjoyable experience!
              I've tried everything adjustment wise on the various times I've played it, however the headset always shifts right away and un-aligns the image again making it incredibly blurry. It just doesn't work on my head at all the psvr headset, i have never tried vive or any of the pc headsets, maybe one of those would be better fitting & picture wise.

Comment

You know there's a dial on the back of the headband to tighten it up a bit?

I mean, it's obvious to everybody reading this that you've got a lumpy peanuthead, but I'm trying to not make you feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  I've tried everything adjustment wise on the various times I've played it, however the headset always shifts right away and un-aligns the image again making it incredibly blurry. It just doesn't work on my head at all the psvr headset, i have never tried vive or any of the pc headsets, maybe one of those would be better fitting & picture wise.
                  One of my friends kids uses an old school sweat band and that helps. I`ve used Vive, Index and Rift CV1 and they all take a little bit of adjustment as well.

Comment

PSVR takes time to get used to, both for fitting and for motion sickness.

My tips:
                    When you put on the headset close one eye and nudge the headset around until the image is clear, then do the same for the other eye without moving it too much. I would also suggest changing the brightness to about 75%, the image looks a bit smoother and less jarring on the eyes.
                    Its also worth measuring your IPD, and setting it up. Some say its not worth it, but i noticed the difference.
                    Then you should start by playing gentle games at 20 minutes at a time, with a 20 minute break. Do this for a week and you should have your 'VR Legs'.

Comment

My knuckle hurts.

I've got a mate who wants to try PSVR out and I wanted to check out what I want to show him as you can easily fill a night with one game.

Took a while to set the camera up (using electrical tape until the stand arrives), then dived into Batman Arkham VR because last time I'd looked I was seated and it recommended standing.

Wow! I loved it - I'm BATMAN .

I'm glad I got it cheap as it's just a night's entertainment, but it's a real blast.
                      It properly made me jump at times!
                      I enjoyed solving the various puzzles and it emphasised the detective element rather than fighting, which I love and is missing from most Batman films.

So, I finished it, and that unlocks Riddler mode with more puzzle boxes to find, making it replayable, but there's an element of repetition, which could drag.

Then I looked at The Playroom, but it's AR, rather than VR, so moved on.

I fired up Superhot as a refresher, but ended up replaying most the game. Those later levels where you have multiple stages to complete can be tough, but it feels badass when you do it in style.

Unfortunately, I bobbed and weaved a bit too much and ended up punching a cupboard, which is why my knuckle hurts!

I finished off loading the first VR Demo, which has quite a lot on it, including Job Simulator. I'd sat down by this point and messed up the calibration. I also thought I want to play it eventually, so stopped playing.

1:15am - I'd totally lost track of the time with the headset on!

So, I think I'm going to show my friend:
                      VR Worlds - Shark Encounter
                      VR Worlds - London Heist
                      The Playroom VR - Robot Rescue
                      The Playroom VR - Monster Escape
                      Star Wars Battlefront
                      Batman
                      Superhot

I don't think I could squeeze much more in during one night!

Comment

It’s also worth pointing out that PSVR has an eye-to-eye distance adjustment setting, it will take a photo of your eyes and you can set the distance between them, this will definitely improve the image if you’re finding it blurry.

It’s always worth adjusting per player, because sometimes eye-to-eye measurements can be different than default settings or ones you already have set, only takes a couple of mins to do.

I need to get back into my PSVR, got half way through Falcon Age and was actually enjoying that before I became distracted with every other game released at the time.
                        Last edited by Family Fry; 26-09-2019, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                          It’s also worth pointing out that PSVR has an eye-to-eye distance adjustment setting, it will take a photo of your eyes and you can set the distance between them, this will definitely improve the image if you’re finding it blurry.

It’s always worth adjusting per player, because sometimes eye-to-eye measurements can be different than default settings or ones you already have set, only takes a couple of mins to do.
                          I didn't know that, cheers.

Is there a guide to doing this I could follow?

Comment

You don’t need a guide your PS4 will walk you through it when you select it from the system menu where the vr settings are.
                            Last edited by importaku; 26-09-2019, 09:46.

Comment

Here’s a FAQ on PS site, section is Adjust the PS VR for Eye Distance.

It’s easy enough to do but just have to make sure you adjust it back to default if you’re comfortable with that or make a note of your own measurements and re-enter them if you change it.

Comment

Ah okay, cheers both.
                                I'll have a look tonight. Don't want my friend having a blurred experience.

@importaku I also need to get some of your mods you've posted (thanks).
                                Probably don't need the sweat band, but what were those lens protectors?
                                Any good?

Comment

Working...
                                X