No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astro Bot is pretty good isn't it!! Don't want it to finish.

Comment

Astrobot is proper Bo.

Has nobody tried Firewall? It's bloody marvelous. Providing you like tactical shooters that is. I just want to hear someone else gush about it.

Comment

I still haven't opened mine, decided to save it for over the Christmas break.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Mee too, I couldn't get on with it.
          I've just bought a cheapish copy, simply because I love futuristic racers, so even if the VR mode makes me sick I'll still enjoy it on the TV. It will be interesting to see what it's like to feel part of of the Wipeout universe. I have ginger capsules just in case I feel....

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            I still haven't opened mine, decided to save it for over the Christmas break.
            Ah cool. Not long to go now.

A small warning about the training mode. It isn't really a good representation of the game. For some reason, I'd thought it would team me up with 3 CPU against a team of four bots. No. It's you against waves of bots. It's not bad for some practice, but just not what I was expecting.

I think one of the best things about the game is the community. Maybe it's down to PSVR bring mostly purchased by grown working men, but you tend to just find sensible gamers who have time for you if you're a noob. Communication is key too, so it's nice to hear helpful call outs and not trash talk.

Comment

Borderlands 2 VR. One to avoid it seems...

Comment

Shame. Still, I wouldn't buy it anyway, I put so many hours in to BL2 the thought of starting again doesn't appeal.

Comment

I’ll only play whatever the single player is [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION], I don’t do online!

Comment

Oops. It primarily an online game, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      Oops. It primarily an online game, mate.
                      I have never played it online and I've had probably 100 hours out of it. You can easyly Solo play this all the way upto and including UVHM.

Comment

It's only training mode no?
                        It was pretty poor being alone fending off waves of bots.

Comment

@Team Andromeda said it had a campaign?

Received a message from a friend of mine today who I'd kind of talked in to buying PSVR even though he was unsure he'd like it to say the least. He's a big Star Wars fan and I told him to download the PSVR stages and try them, and also buy Astrobot. He is absolutely losing his mind about how good it is now, I think he may start some sort of petition to get a full Star Wars VR game, he said it was like all his childhood dreams come true.

Comment

I got Battlefront last week and I haven't gotten around to trying those yet! I'll probably do that now.

Comment

Love Ian Higton's VR corner... Here's his top 10 PSVR games of 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                @Team Andromeda said it had a campaign?
                                I really wouldn't call it a campaign personally. Contracts is the meat n potatoes. Here is a quote from a review...

What About Single Player?
                                As explained above, there will be a single player option in Firewall: Zero Hour, but it’s just one of the “Training” modes that is basically focused on the same objectives as Contracts multiplayer. The only difference is that you’re facing off against a stream of AI bots instead of other players. You will still gain XP and credits, but not as much as in Contracts.

This means that there is not a structured, narrative campaign. If you’re looking for a story mode similar to DOOM VFR or Farpoint, then you should look elsewhere.
                                Last edited by hudson; 15-12-2018, 18:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X