No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent. I needed a break from delivering parcels so have been hammering wipeout again. Holy crap this game is sooooooooo good in VR. It’s perfect for PlayStation VR as the move controllers are a bit weak compared to the competition so a game where you sit in a cockpit allows it to shine at what it’s best at.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Excellent. I needed a break from delivering parcels so have been hammering wipeout again. Holy crap this game is sooooooooo good in VR. It’s perfect for PlayStation VR as the move controllers are a bit weak compared to the competition so a game where you sit in a cockpit allows it to shine at what it’s best at.
      Wipeout VR really is wonderful; one of the best VR games I've played.

I've tried a bunch of experiences on the different platforms now, and it's fascinating where VR has ended up. I think the PSVR has some of the worst hardware (though a very comfortable headset) but by far the best software. I've yet to play anything on the other platforms that comes close to Blood & Truth or Wipeout VR for sheer polish.

The only platform which comes close for me is the Quest, and that's purely because it's wireless and portable.

Comment

Late to the party, but how lovely is Astrobot?

It definitely owes something to Nintendo, but this feels as much as an evolution of the platforming genre as Super Mario World to Mario 64.

I was listening to a podcast about boardgames and they mentioned that a conversion of a mobile app lost that auditory feedback of coins clinking when you won them and I thought about that as I played because sound also plays a big part of this, giving you audio clues to where the bots are hiding.

It's so lovely, though. Astrobot is really cute with his little waves when you look at him and his different dances at the end of the level.

The VR is the star, though. Finding the little bots by turning around or peeking around corners.
        The crane game is like the Playroom demo and I was leaning over to find the capsule I wanted.
        When it comes out, the little ornament is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE! Your mind can't cope!

As a game it's great, though, with extra bots to find, coins to collect, ornaments to buy and bonus timed levels to complete, so there's lots to do.

Sublime and a "must-play" for any PSVR owner, IMHO.

Comment

True story. Absolutely brilliant game.

Comment

Just looking at my screenshot, I can see that I can throw a ball at that wing and something will happen!

Comment

If Nintendo had made it , we'll never heard the end of it . Amazing game and Rush of Blood is awesome too and shows how well light gun games can work on the format. Not that SEGA can work that one out mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                shows how well light gun games can work on the format. Not that SEGA can work that one out mind...
                I can't understand why SEGA don't release all those arcade games like Let's Go Jungle and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I can't understand why SEGA don't release all those arcade games like Let's Go Jungle and whatnot.
                  Yeah, they're normally pretty good at that kind of stuff; you'd think a version of Gunblade.

Comment

The kids wanted to play Creed this morning so I finally got round to plugging the headset in after months of not bothering.

When they were done beating on fools I put Astrobot on ... and delightful as it is I soon found myself craving some Mizuguchi action.

Headphones cranked up then ... and, at this stage I might as well cut and paste half a dozen of my old posts ... because the song remains the same ...

First up Tetris Effect. I honestly feel like I could have played this all afternoon ... but my eyesight and marriage might have suffered as a result. It's such an inspired combination ... best puzzle game ever + VR/gaming genius = something truly special. Then onto Rez Area X and it's somehow as brilliant as the first time I ever played it. Doesn't matter how familiar it gets, the experience is always incredible. To the point I still can't believe we have a £200 peripheral that can deliver an experience like this.

Comment

Oh snap, the fantastic series of games called the room that i loved on ios is actually coming to psvr as a exclusive game. Those games are crazy fun.

Comment

Ah that looks great - like a VR escape room!

I need to put the headset back on soon.
                        I need to play more Astrobot and start Resident Evil 7, because a couple of people said how ace it was recently.

Actually maybe Resi 7, then Astrobot, to calm my nerves!

Comment

Still haven't tried Resi in VR. I honestly don't think my nerves could handle it

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Still haven't tried Resi in VR. I honestly don't think my nerves could handle it
                            I’ve torn the headset off several times. It is utterly terrifying!

Comment

Resident Evil 7 in VR is the actual game of the decade.

Comment

I've said it before. There's that RE7 demo called the kitchen and as soon as

that zombie appears behind the dude who is trying to uncuff me, I shat one and got my head right out of there

Just no.

Comment

Working...
                                X