PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    You might enjoy pixel ripped. It's one on my instant buy list come xmas it looks very unique.
    That looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Is VR here to stay? Integrated tech into future consoles?

Really gassing for one of these. Might try and get myself one for Christmas.
      One good thing is that it’s been surprisingly well supported, seems like there’s games coming out pretty frequently. It’s one of the reasons I finally dived in there’s a wealth of experiences to be had. As for the future I’m not sure if it will stay around or die off again like 3D tv as they come around in cycles but this is the first time be is actually decent and affordable. Before these headsets there were janky ones that cost over a grand and the games that would run on it was stuff like magic carpet on pc at a piss poor frame rate. When people complain nowadays saying the tech isn’t ready they obviously didn’t play the jank in the 90’s. This current quality is light years ahead, hope the tech keeps going. Been inside a game is like nothing else.

Comment

Agree. The support has been refreshing. The price drop this Black Friday has probably boosted the user base considerably. Hopefully making for even more support in the future.

How does the FPS genre fair on VR. Good enough to be competitive alongside non-VR players? Is it even possible or are there control limitations etc?
        Last edited by hudson; 19-11-2018, 19:15. Reason: Poo edible?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          ZOE2 (thanks to Importaku for the heads up)
          There's a demo up of that. I found it a bit meh.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            One good thing is that it’s been surprisingly well supported, seems like there’s games coming out pretty frequently. It’s one of the reasons I finally dived in there’s a wealth of experiences to be had. As for the future I’m not sure if it will stay around or die off again like 3D tv as they come around in cycles but this is the first time be is actually decent and affordable. Before these headsets there were janky ones that cost over a grand and the games that would run on it was stuff like magic carpet on pc at a piss poor frame rate. When people complain nowadays saying the tech isn’t ready they obviously didn’t play the jank in the 90’s. This current quality is light years ahead, hope the tech keeps going. Been inside a game is like nothing else.
            I hope Sony have the bottle to boost PSVR next gen with hardware support in every console. I’m really turning into an admirer of what they have achieved with PSVR but the technology isn’t quite there yet. The headset needs a substantial boost in resolution and they need to lose the wires before it will achieve mass acceptance.
            At least software support seems pretty good and some of shows the marked difference VR can make to a game.

Comment

Nice review of beatsaber https://uploadvr.com/beat-saber-psvr...-game-to-date/
              Go get!

Comment

First I have to find a nice deal on those Move controllers. Then, beat saberuuuuu!

Comment

Oh man! Argos have PSVR with Rick and Morty and Astrobot for £185. So tempted!!!!

Comment

tempted to pick one up -

whats the 3 best games, guys?

Comment

Here's my ratings:

1. Astro Bot <- My GOTY
                      2. Wipeout <- How Wipeout was meant to be
                      3. Resident Evil 7 <- If you can handle the in-your-face terror
                      4. Farpoint but only if you get the Aim gun
                      5. Arizona Sunshine - if you like shooting zombies (needs Move controls or Aim)
                      6. Arkham VR experience <- Short but fab
                      7. The X-Wing mission in Star Wars Battlefront <- Again, short but cool

Comment

Black Friday may have certain too soon for me. Do you guys reckon the PSVR will remain in this new lower price range?

Comment

Pretty certainly, it's price point has been in freefall all year so it's just a case of when the right price meets the right temptation level at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            4. Farpoint but only if you get the Aim gun
                            I want to get that next, but last time I looked it was really expensive

7. The X-Wing mission in Star Wars Battlefront <- Again, short but cool
                            Can you get this without getting Battlefront?

Comment

1. Astro Bot - also my GOTY
                              2. Tetris Effect - great atmosphere, trippy visuals and interactive audio.
                              3. Rez - See last entry.

Comment

I've not played Astro Bot yet but I'm loving all the praise.

Right now my top three are:

1. Rez. The ultimate VR experience for me. A trip through Area X makes you feel like you've been to a different world.
                                2. Tetris Effect.
                                3. Superhot VR.

Comment

Working...
                                X