No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah especially if you have to physically crouch behind a box and pan left and right to see everyone to shoot.

Comment

Just keep your legs on rails? Would you you funnel the action out in front of you rather than have full 360 enemies?

Comment

Bravo Team shows how not to do it.

But ,it also shows that it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Just keep your legs on rails? Would you you funnel the action out in front of you rather than have full 360 enemies?
          I think a bit of both. Have narrow spaces where it's focused in one direction, then open it out in to full 360 for a frantic shootout!

Comment

Oh is Bravo Team on rails?

I would love a VR Time Crisis btw

Namco are about to release Ace Combat, so there is hope.
            Last edited by hudson; 09-12-2018, 11:22. Reason: Stupid predickhead text

Comment

Various devs have shown that a whole bunch of genres can work in VR. The one-direction nature of e.g. Time Crisis was probably due to a limitation of the controls; VR removes that limitation so instead of arrows indicating fire from the side we could just hear it now and shoot in that direction. You could even shoot without looking if you had an auto equipped for example. Huge potential I'd say.

Comment

I'd say lightgun shooters are a prime candidate for adaptation to VR. It's kind of infuriating we haven't seen anything in the way of announcement regarding a Time Crisis or House of the Dead VR, particularly when TC5 is so good and the new HOTD is supposedly excellent also.

Both franchises are on form right now, I'd love to see those teams put their talents into adapting their gameplay for new VR home versions (particularly as there seems to be little to no interest in porting most arcade games to the home these days from Sega, Namco et al).

I'd actually love to see virtual arcade machines of the classic games too. A full size TC2 machine that you can step up and play in VR would be a lot of fun and a really cute use of the format.

Comment

Good idea Wakka. Imagine a selection of arcade machines that you can select... You walk up... Its space harrier, then you travel in to the screen and play it in full VR!

Comment

Operation warcade is a bit like a virtual arcade machine, bit of a odd one but seems fun from the vids.

Tried out a few more games today, finally got around to playing rick & morty but the tracking is a huge problem. I think i'm going to need to move my camera way back as i was too close to everything and my hands kept vanishing when i was trying to pick things up off the floor. A huge shame as it looks like a lot of fun in there. Also tried a few demos the kitchen was interesting but not as scary as people had lead me to believe, thumper was a hell of a lot of fun that's definitely on my must buy list. Also was surprised with battlezone it's not my type of game at all and yet i found the demo level suprisingly enjoyable it felt like been inside one of those tomytronic 3D handheld games the VR certainly makes it fun to play.

Think building up my tolerance has been working, can play a long time now without much problem but i do keep having regular breaks to help my eyes no get to strained.

Comment

I made a mistake and had one final blowout before packing it up. Did a few laps on wipeout and now I feel well queezy. Too much, too fast.
                      It's awesome though.

Comment

That’s the one that got me first time. Nauseous for hours afterwards.

Comment

I had two sessions with Wipeout in VR and was totally fine each time until something threw me, be it a collision, a corner or dip ... whatever it was, that was it, end of sesh. I've traded the game now and accepted its not for me. I know others have chipped away and gotten used to it, but I'm not willing to commit to that extent. No game is worth feeling queasy for. And every other VR game I've been fine with ... so they're the ones I prefer to put my time into.

Comment

I tried Farpoint today. Very impressive, the sense of immersion the Aim controller adds is huge. The way it mirrors your gun onscreen and the feedback from the rumble is just enough to make it feel that bit more real. I did find quickly coming to a stop when moving forward caused my legs to involuntarily react at first but that passed fairly quickly.
                            I can only imagine how good a cover shooter ala Gears of War would be. Kneeling to take cover and leaning out would make it feel so convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I had two sessions with Wipeout in VR and was totally fine each time until something threw me, be it a collision, a corner or dip ... whatever it was, that was it, end of sesh. I've traded the game now and accepted its not for me. I know others have chipped away and gotten used to it, but I'm not willing to commit to that extent. No game is worth feeling queasy for. And every other VR game I've been fine with ... so they're the ones I prefer to put my time into.
                              Mee too, I couldn't get on with it. I think Dirt Rally is the best VR racer on the PS4 at the moment. It's the one game that doesn't suffer too much from the low res, blurry display

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Am I the only person that just put his PSVR camera under the TV and went **** it, that’ll do?
                                I’m with you mine is always on top of the TV. Not so much space in my apartment too. I have the old camera and bought a Playstation bracket off eBay, not sure if it is official but works well and bends to the back of the TV.

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                I made a mistake and had one final blowout before packing it up. Did a few laps on wipeout and now I feel well queezy. Too much, too fast.
                                It's awesome though.
                                Yes the hills made me feel a bit off too. You are not alone. Ginger tea will sort you out though.
                                Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-12-2018, 12:48. Reason: Fixed quote brackets

Comment

Working...
                                X