No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was under the impression that some games already do foveated rendering by using head tracking.
    I think there will undoubtedly be a PSVR2, but it wont launch along side the PS5. It would make the PS5 seem like a costly jump. Also, as we have seen with the PS4 pro, hooking up a more powerful device to the current PSVR gives better results. There is no reason why the PS5 won't use the existing headset with much better graphics and performance, at least for a few years before then unavailing a new headset.

I think the PS5 may have some improved software to resolve some of the tracking issues too. The new Ironman game apparently has some clever software that uses prediction to track the headset and moves when the camera can't see. I would think the PS5 would have this kind of thing baked into the OS.
    Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 10-04-2019, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I was under the impression that some games already do foveated rendering by using head tracking.
      I think there will undoubtedly be a PSVR2, but it wont launch along side the PS5. It would make the PS5 seem like a costly jump. Also, as we have seen with the PS4 pro, hooking up a more powerful device to the current PSVR gives better results. There is no reason why the PS5 won't use the existing headset with much better graphics and performance, at least for a few years before then unavailing a new headset.

I think the PS5 may have some improved software to resolve some of the tracking issues too. The new Ironman game apparently has some clever software that uses prediction to track the headset and moves when the camera can't see. I would think the PS5 would have this kind of thing baked into the OS.
      True foveated rendering works by tracking your eyeball and then only rendering in high resolution the area of the screen your fovea area is registering. Outside the fovea region your vision is very low res and reconstructed from past information so why waste processor power rendering at high quality.
      PSVR doesn't have eye tracking so what the PS4 does is render the center of the screen in high res and then gradually reduce the quality of the image as it approaches the edges of the screen. This doesn't follow your eye movement so if you look at the edge of the screen you can notice a reduction in quality.
      One of the improvements with PS4Pro versions of some games is that this pseudo foveated rendering is removed and the quality is more consistent across the whole display.

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] and I played Arizona Sunshine last night and had a blast.

It's a stupid, janky, clunky and ugly game, but that was part of the charm and we were in stitches at our rubbish guys twitching across the stage like they'd soiled themselves and broken their arms.

I think I was a little low in the cone of response, which made trying to pick stuff up awkward.

At one point, I was trying to rifle through some filing cabinets for loot and ammo, but went around in a cycle opening and closing the wrong drawers. It reminded me of this:

A hop-back button might have been useful, but apart from that, the Move controls were pretty good! Top-right and left did quarter turns, bottom left put on a pointer on the floor and I teleported to it (it looked to Brad like I was sprinting). Bottom right changed clips, but I ran out of ammo by clicking this by mistake early on and leaving a trail of magazines!

After a bit, I got better and, most importantly, the aiming was brilliant.
        Incredibly accurate and the guns had telescopic sights and targets and both of us were squinting down the barrels and popping headshots and long distance shots with ease, which felt great.

It was fun exploring the environment and looking for zeds to kill and loot to find.
        It felt like we were in our very budget zombie movie.

There were a couple of tense moments as we triggered a horde and going into the dark mine was nerve-wracking.

I had a glowstick, so did some raving.

Then Brad got sick, so we had to stop, but I really enjoyed playing it and it was ready for more. Great fun!

Comment

Is Arizona Sunshine any good for single player? I have no friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            Is Arizona Sunshine any good for single player? I have no friends.
            I think you're losing a big chunk of the novelty factor playing on your own, but it could still be fun.

I think it's about a tenner at the moment and the DLC is something like £1.24, so watch that video I previously posted and have a think.

Comment

It was more fun playing with chimpy than on my own but I did play several hours on my own and enjoyed it.

Comment

So I'm not interested in fishing in any way, but I heard good things about Catch and Release and it's on sale. I have been looking for a more relaxing experience for a while and haven't really hit on anything that clicks. Catch and release is brilliant! I don't know if anyone here has it or if its on the radar, but I'd urge anyone to try it. It requires skill to catch fish, which makes it so satisfying when you land the catch, and it rewards you pretty well. Plus, you can always just sit back for a while and chill on the boat. The fact you have to physically row the boat is cool, but more knackering then I should admit. Its a very solid VR game, worth adding to the list.

Comment

Yup have it & love it. Slowly going through the missions in the book, caught enough to buy the scale now working towards that bigger radio as i'm hoping it has more channels it will pick up. Just love how immersive it is.

Last edited by importaku; 28-04-2019, 08:47.

Comment

I seem to enjoy videogame fishing like RDR2, Monster Hunter: World and so on, I'd probably enjoy this too! Thanks!

Comment

I got the game because I too enjoy fishing mini games. Definitely worth it.
                      I was looking at that radio. I just bought the next rod up instead. Not sure if it makes a difference but it looks better. I also got a hat... For no reason.

Comment

Resi7 was super cheap, so thought I would try it. Holy cow, this is a very scary VR game! Few hours in and needed to take a break. Very special indeed, and actually quite a big gaming moment for me. Hiding from a nut job, and peaking out from corners was genuine terror. Brilliant!

Comment

I've got Resi 7 and a PSVR set-up ... but I've also got a yella belly

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                            Resi7 was super cheap, so thought I would try it. Holy cow, this is a very scary VR game! Few hours in and needed to take a break. Very special indeed, and actually quite a big gaming moment for me. Hiding from a nut job, and peaking out from corners was genuine terror. Brilliant!
                            I can't even handle normal RE7

Comment

I found The Persistence very difficult to play. There's something about VR that makes it faaaaaar more scary than a conventional horror game. Normal horror games don't affect me at all, but that game **** me right up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                                I can't even handle normal RE7
                                What must seem like an intense FPS is at a different level in VR! Give it a try

Comment

Working...
                                X