No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watch a few youtube vids, it was enough to make me fall in love with it. It's very unique and does some pretty cool stuff.

Comment

I wasn't into Pixelripped. For one thing, everything is HUGE, like comically big. It reminded me of the Harry Enfield and Chums sketches with the toddler and the baby. I don't think that was the intention either. Also, despite loving the 90s, I'm unimpressed with things that ride it too hard. The fact that most of the game is just you playing a 2D platformer means that it immediately loses any potential of being a must-have VR game for me.

Comment

Fisherman's Tale is out now and some review are coming in. It's looking okayish, with most reviews saying it's too short. Will buy it later tonight I think, seeing as how it's only 12 quid.

Comment

Fishermans tale is stupidly charming from the artstyle to the voicework, the puzzle mechanic is pretty cool too it does have vibes of portal the way you can see yourself. Working out how to manipulate space is addictive i sometimes get so into it that i forget to check the lighthouse model after messing around with all the items in the room, already finished the first couple of chapters. Well worth the asking price so far, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of chapters going by the menu screen but im ok with smaller game experiences.

These are probably my favourite type of vr games where you are in a room doing puzzles. i expect you to die, 18 floors & statik all share this kind of theme.

Comment

Keep Calm and Nobody Explodes is worth a shout in this respect, too.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Keep Calm and Nobody Explodes is worth a shout in this respect, too.
              Sadly i cant play that one as it requires you to have friends lol.

Comment

The above makes me sad

But on this note, I did actually play through all of the 2-player missions in Statik last night, over at a friend's place. Would recommend!

Comment

I'm late to the party with some of these and am well into Beat Sabre! Totally great. Superhot's badass too - apart from the throwing which is awful - and comparable to the PC version. And i'm really enjoying Rick and Morty! It's hard to be objective on the latter as it's pure fan service and I love the show.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                    I'm late to the party with some of these and am well into Beat Sabre! Totally great. Superhot's badass too - apart from the throwing which is awful - and comparable to the PC version. And i'm really enjoying Rick and Morty! It's hard to be objective on the latter as it's pure fan service and I love the show.
                    Throwing in Superhot VR wound me up a real treat. The trick (and it's still garbage) is not to throw like you would in real life (completely counterintuitive in a VR game but what are you gonna do?). You basically have to sort of "slide" the object towards the enemy. So essentially you can't throw an object overarm (or underarm) in an arc. Instead, hold the controller close to you, with the "hold" button down, then quickly extend the controller forwards in a straight line towards the enemy and release the "hold" button when your arm is extended.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                      Throwing in Superhot VR wound me up a real treat. The trick (and it's still garbage) is not to throw like you would in real life (completely counterintuitive in a VR game but what are you gonna do?). You basically have to sort of "slide" the object towards the enemy. So essentially you can't throw an object overarm (or underarm) in an arc. Instead, hold the controller close to you, with the "hold" button down, then quickly extend the controller forwards in a straight line towards the enemy and release the "hold" button when your arm is extended.
                      I'm gonna try this; some of the stages are more frustrating than they really should be due to this.

Comment

Oh wow, Fisherman's Tale is really wonderful. A brilliant concept that's awe inspiring and couldn't be done without VR. The art design, writing, and delivery are so charming. The visuals are quite cartoony so the limitations of graphics in VR don't affect them. The puzzles are perfectly pitched - tricky but nothing obtuse, they make you feel a bit clever when you figure them out. The mechanic of changing the sizes of objects is genius. I was a bit worried about how the year was kicking off, with a couple of games I was looking forward to (Vane and YIIK) getting panned a bit, but this more than makes up for it. I'll happily put this next to Moss as essential game to show how wonderful PSVR can be.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                          Instead, hold the controller close to you, with the "hold" button down, then quickly extend the controller forwards in a straight line towards the enemy and release the "hold" button when your arm is extended.
                          Cheers due - will give that a go.

Comment

wtf is going on with move controllers at the moment, did they start filling the insides with gold? Seems they are going for stupid money at the moment, wonder how many people bought vr if they have totally dried supplies up.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              wtf is going on with move controllers at the moment, did they start filling the insides with gold? Seems they are going for stupid money at the moment, wonder how many people bought vr if they have totally dried supplies up.
                              Yeah, wtf? @GAME.co.uk

Comment

Just had a session with Beat Saber. Registered as an aerobics workout and ~8k steps on my Fitbit. Beach-bod here I come!

Comment

Working...
                                X