Superhot and Superhot VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superhot and Superhot VR

Just played the first 7 levels of Superhot VR (Vive).

OMG I'M NEO.

There was a moment when I did the leaning over backwards thing. And then squeezed between a few bullets and took out the bad guy with an ashtray. Utterly mesmerising. Even the little starting room where you "put on the VR headset" is incredible to look around at.

The basic levels can be completed in an hour, but can you do it without using guns? After that, there are TT modes, infinite mode and others. Not tried any of those yet though.

Unlike Superhot, the VR version doesn't let you run around, although you can move around in your box. Taking out a few enemies moves you down the corridor or whatever.

For those who haven't seen either yet, it's a FPS where you have to dodge bullets. You do this by stopping time. Time only moves when you do. The faster you move the faster time moves. Bullets come at you very fast when moving normally, but when moving slowly you can just about duck around or under them. Or shoot them out of the sky!

Great visuals, great fun.

Comment

Sounds alright that, Bernard.

Comment

I don’t have VR but I have played Superhot and love it and I can only imagine how great that game would be in VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I don’t have VR but I have played Superhot and love it and I can only imagine how great that game would be in VR.
          See that bit at 8 seconds into the trailer at the airport security gate and he ducks around the bullet, watching it go past? Yeah, it's that.

Hiding behind pillars and poking your head out. Ducking down and shooting them in the legs. Thrusting a knife into their glowing red torso and repeatedly stabbing them.... er.. Yeah. anyway. Oh and slicing a bullet with a knife.

Comment

I really need to dip in now. The thing is I need a dabble before I make the jump.

Comment

It's an expensive toy. Not something you'd want to spend all day in. We only got it because my boy asked everyone for money for Christmas and birthday. And got it 2nd hand from cex. Otherwise, no way.
              Last edited by charlesr; 12-01-2018, 18:16.

Comment

Yeah played this in PSVR last weekend and had a blast. Only got a PSVR as the missus got it in Black Friday sale for 249 squids. Excellent game though, the post it note achievements / trophies are great. They flutter down mid game and you can even catch them and read them.

Comment

I have superhot and played most of it in VR (Rift) its an amazing experience. But the real fun is playing co-op games in VR. Arizona Sunshine is my favourite at the moment.
                  There are some multiplayer games in VRChat, battle discs and some team based capture the flag games. But I cant say these are child friendly as you have no idea who you are going to meet.

Comment

Just played this for three hours straight last night. Three hours standing up, crouching, side-stepping bullet fire, snatching axes from the hands of would-be assailants. It's amazing.

I was a blubbery, sweaty mess by the end of it. The rain outside was pouring down (adding to the humidity, I guess) but it added to the experience, the whole thing seemed like a white-washed Tron/Kojima/Philip K Dick dystopian mash-up.

The only problem I faced was the fact that I nearly fell over twice; I was crouching behind a low wall, pinned down by shotgun fire and a gun wielding dude barreling down on me to my right, and me with only ashtrays and bottles to throw. I kill the gun dude with a deft bottle throw, grab his gun mid-air and nail the shotgun dude. The end of level pyramid pops up above me, awaiting my activation and (I'm crouching in front of the TV in my lounge remember) I put my hand onto the (virtual) wall to push my fat ass up off of the floor and I almost fell on my face with shock and bewilderment when reality failed to provide required solid surface for me to leverage off of!

The other minor issue was a crash, just a few minutes in. Oh, and I should have switched off maybe an hour before bed, because my adrenaline was pumping and I needed 45 minutes to settle for bed (and god, the weird dreams!)

I can recommend the experience. Well worth it, if you can afford the outlay.
                    Last edited by gunrock; 28-01-2018, 12:34.

Comment

I really want to play this, but I'm waiting for when I eventually have a VR setup.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]: I recommend it. It's as Matrix-like as I can think of. I have Skyrim VR and Farpoint with Aim Controller waiting in the wings and they're not getting a look-in.
                        Last edited by gunrock; 28-01-2018, 14:45.

Comment

This is gonna be on Games With Gold shortly.

Proper like the look of this.

Comment

The Superhot Team indicated that there are ‘no plans’ for a VR version of their upcoming new entry in the Superhot franchise, Mind Control Delete, set to release on PC, Xbox and PS4 on July 16. However, the team isn’t ruling out another VR title in the future. Mind

Quick note as the sequel to Superhot releases today and is free on PC to existing owners of the first game

Comment

Gutted. I got rid of my VR kit a couple of months back.

All the more reason to fight back for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X