No announcement yet.

Dark Souls III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS3 has a much smoother difficulty curve than DS2. It's still hard, but at least the base game isn't easy (by DS standards) and boring while the DLCs are a brick wall of maddening level design.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      DS3 has a much smoother difficulty curve than DS2. It's still hard, but at least the base game isn't easy (by DS standards) and boring while the DLCs are a brick wall of maddening level design.
      Agree with that. Loved the main game but after completing dipped into the DLC and immediately sacked them both off.

Comment

Same with me. Finished and loved the main game but couldn't get on with the dlc.

Comment

I'm looking forward to it. I'll play it in short bursts this time. With DS2 I remember I hit my peak after about 30 minutes, anything longer and the frustration built up.

Comment

Really enjoying this. I'm liking it more than 2. Its tricky and hard, but it's got a bit more wiggle room than 2.
            I'm just up to the second stage at the tower so I haven't faced any intense challenges yet.

Comment

I'm at smoldering Lake. **** this place. One shotting pyro bastards, fireball turrets that insta stun lock you, poison spewing baddies that fill 400 square miles of corridor with poison, a hoard of rats, a heat seeking ballistic turret and 20 basilisks that kill you with smoke. I'm 1 death away from throwing the towel in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                I'm at smoldering Lake. **** this place. One shotting pyro bastards, fireball turrets that insta stun lock you, poison spewing baddies that fill 400 square miles of corridor with poison, a hoard of rats, a heat seeking ballistic turret and 20 basilisks that kill you with smoke. I'm 1 death away from throwing the towel in.
                A nice bit of cheese always helps in moments like this. I lucked out and found you can cheese the giant sandworm thing

with the ballista. Just sprint past it through the lake and tuck yourself behind one of the rocks in the back left a little down from the fog wall - i.e. so the worm is between you and the ballista - and the ballista will take care of it. It's a fairly easy jaunt up the hill then to switch the damn thing off.

Comment

Yeah let the ballista kill the worm. But the rest of that level, dang it can be tough with a melee character. Some nice gear down there though.

I've been replaying my 2H greatsword bloke, with my greatsword at +10 and heavy infused it smokes most enemies. It's bloody awesome for a lot of the game, some bosses can be tough but the big slow ones are easy peasy. I've stopped levelling him @ 99 with 62 strength

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                    Yeah let the ballista kill the worm. But the rest of that level, dang it can be tough with a melee character. Some nice gear down there though.

I've been replaying my 2H greatsword bloke, with my greatsword at +10 and heavy infused it smokes most enemies. It's bloody awesome for a lot of the game, some bosses can be tough but the big slow ones are easy peasy. I've stopped levelling him @ 99 with 62 strength
                    Nice. I'm pyro with the sellsword twin blades. Most enemies are just melting before me. These swords are OP but I'll be damned if I'm giving them up.

Comment

Working...
                    X