Dark Souls III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Souls III

Couldn't find the old thread, please delete if I'm an idiot.

So I'm all but done on NG, second character a sorcery build as I gave up on my first dex character @ Cathedral Deep. I may revisit him at some point! Have finished the first DLC, halfway through the second one, not sure how much I'll go on as I'm struggling on

Halflight Spear of the Church

it's a very annoying fight for me.

ATM am doing my grind for convenants ; dregs were easy - job done there no worries, the wolf's blood one as well, not too bad as I combined this with the pale tongue one by sitting back and watching the darkwraiths take out the baddies for me in Farron Keep! Currently doing the shackle one by invading. Man I'm so rubbish at PVP it's taking me a while. Hit detection and lag are big issues for me, I get hit contstantly when the weapon doesn't go anywhere near me. It's very annoying. There's also the issue where about 3 blokes just gank you in 1 second. Anyway I'm almost at 20 so not too many more to go. A lot of the time I sit back and watch good red or Aldritch phantoms do the job for me and bam, DUTY FULFILLED! I've actually managed to beat a few peeps mano a mano which is probably more luck than anything.

After that only the Darkmoon one to go, I tried waiting to be summoned as Darkmoon as well, it's very hit and miss. This is the area of the game that for me is just not right. The auto summoning is completely broken forcing you to grind and farm items.

Cannot wait to get this tedious farming out of the way and onto NG+.

I am loving the game overall, I can see me ploughing at least another 100 hours into this.

Don't give up! You're very near the end of the Ringed City and its final boss is one of the best in the entire series and up there with Black Dragon Kalameet from the original Dark Souls. The boss you're struggling with is a player controlled boss (i.e it's a human player you're battling), consequently its difficulty can vary massively depending on the boss player's soul and skill level. Keep at it.

Comment

I must get back into DSIII. I'd moved onto another game just after starting NG+ when the dlc arrived ... then lost further momentum having to grind in order to be strong enough for the dlc.

I had no idea there was another Old Monk style encounter in DSIII. That was such a battle of attrition in Demon's Souls due to the different healing system.

Comment

I have this weird relationship with Souls games where I've played most of them to death, loved them immeasurably, and done most everything in them at release, but have never played any DLC for any of them (bar Bloodborne). I do feel like I should come back to this though, as I've heard some great things about some of the added bits - the big worry being that I'm going to be rusty, my gear's probably been nerfed, and that I'll be at NG+++ (at least) for the tough bits. Bah!

Comment

Don't worry about being rusty. Rustiness is temporary. A few hours back in the saddle and you'll be good to go. The game still has a massive online community, and the DLC areas in particular are heavily populated so you'll be getting the full experience. The Ringed City DLC alone, which just happens to features some of the finest level design in the series and is an out-and-out masterpiece, added another 150 hours and counting to my playtime. Whether you're PVPing or co-opping, it's just such a hardcore area. I say go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
            Don't give up! You're very near the end of the Ringed City and its final boss is one of the best in the entire series and up there with Black Dragon Kalameet from the original Dark Souls. The boss you're struggling with is a player controlled boss (i.e it's a human player you're battling), consequently its difficulty can vary massively depending on the boss player's soul and skill level. Keep at it.
            I'll get that bugger one day.....in the meantime I've gone back to DS2....

Comment

Finally beat that Halflight mofo ; then found the next boss.....wtf might be a while before I beat him. Was part of a 3 man team that took him down but doing it solo I barely get him 1/3rd of the way ; I'm struggling to learn his move set, 'spose I gotta "git gud" lol

Comment

This is the year I discovered Soulsborne! After resisting and hating and never being able to get into them, I sat down with Dark Souls III one day in February and persisted... and it just clicked. Since then I've completed DS3, DS2 and Bloodborne and have just finished my second run-through (NG+) of DS3 today. To me they're almost like shoot 'em ups - you're forced into pattern recognition of repeated waves of enemies and you have amazing boss-fights - but with layers of addictive levelling, obscure lore and gear-collecting on top.

In short, as a recent convert, I can't praise them enough. And btw I got as much pleasure being randomly summoned as a Spear of the Church as I did beating the damn thing in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                  This is the year I discovered Soulsborne! After resisting and hating and never being able to get into them, I sat down with Dark Souls III one day in February and persisted... and it just clicked. Since then I've completed DS3, DS2 and Bloodborne and have just finished my second run-through (NG+) of DS3 today. To me they're almost like shoot 'em ups - you're forced into pattern recognition of repeated waves of enemies and you have amazing boss-fights - but with layers of addictive levelling, obscure lore and gear-collecting on top.

In short, as a recent convert, I can't praise them enough. And btw I got as much pleasure being randomly summoned as a Spear of the Church as I did beating the damn thing in the first place.
                  Very similar to my experience towards the end of last year! I haven't yet tackled another Soulsborne though.

Comment

DS3 is my favourite so far - it's just a beautiful game - but Bloodborne's gun-for-a-shield mechanic was a great twist, and it has some really memorable bosses. Really looking forward to the remake of DS1 now.

Comment

I wonder if that's how most people feel when they first play a DS game. I remember the first time I played DS1. I think I thought well this is rubbish and dumped it for 6 months. After which I came back to it and try again out of boredom and it clicked. Praise the Sun.

Comment

That’s how I started. I bought Demon’s when it came out in Hong Kong. I played it for about an hour and hated it. Then exactly a year later, I gave it another go because I was bored. It clicked and I’ve been playing them all like they’re going out of fashion ever since.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

As above except I only waited a week before trying it again and falling in love with it. First go I'd been basically trying to kill first boss with the hilt of a broken sword as I didn't understand weapon degradation.

Comment

Struggling with this. Must be getting old I reckon. Regular knights are kicking my arse. I even restarted with the Knight build. The first 'boss' went down easy, I even took the crystal thing on in the starting area and downed it first time and regular minions are no problem, I can dodge, get backstabs in etc. but the knights just absolutely batter me! I'm thinking I may have to bring my parry game to the table.

Oh, also I hadn't turned on boost mode on my pro. What a tool! DS3 seems to run at 60fps now, with occasional dips. Quite impressive!

Comment

Just run from the knights. Come back once you’re tougher.

It runs at about 45fps on a Pro. It’s much better than in a base unit though, and makes a nigh on impossible boss actually doable.
                              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 13-06-2018, 18:10.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X