This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    Has anyone given examples of the anti-semitism? I'm genuinely curious.
    Corbyn is a big fan of public transport and was waiting for a bus in Golders Green and asked a fellow commuter at the stop:
    "What time is the next bus due?"

...and it all spiraled out of control from there.

Comment

Haha! Reminds me of a Woody Allen joke

Comment

You mean something about abusing his kids or marrying his adopted daughter?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          You mean something about abusing his kids or marrying his adopted daughter?
          Compressed phrase that means "Did you eat?" often heard as "Jew eat?" by particularly sensitive and/or peculiarly paranoid people of the Jewish persuasion, especially when asked by a goy (non-Jew). "Jew eat?" syndrome was first exposed to mass culture by Woody Allen in his Oscar-winning film "Annie Hall" (1977).

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            Has anyone given examples of the anti-semitism? I'm genuinely curious.

Tempted to delete this post in case it's anti-semitic
            Well, yeah. I can't answer because I'm just not equipped to do so.

I don't fully understand how it all works. Like, there's anti-semitism, the hatred or persecution of people of the Jewish faith. There's also criticism of Israel as a state, in terms of the actions it takes as a country. The thing is, can politicians engage in the latter? Or are they criticised as anti-semitic if they do so?

The situation with the Palestinians is awful. Yeah, fine, there are terrorists among them, but there are many very unfortunate civilians among them too. Supporting them could be seen as opposition to Israeli policy... And is that anti-semitism? I mean, not really, but would it be called that?

The whole area is extremely sensitive and I freely admit that I don't understand it. I don't even understand Judaism particularly well, so engaging in discourse about any aspect of it would feel ignorant on my part.
            Last edited by Asura; 19-02-2019, 09:02.

Comment

I am also not informed enough to talk about it but there is a whole wikipedia article on it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antise...K_Labour_Party. And definitely the Palestinian thing features heavily. What I do know is that Michael Rosen, who is Jewish, has waved away this accusation many times on Twitter.

Comment

I can't help but feel it's straw to Corbyn haters clutch at and hit him with, but who knows?
                It's all smoke and mirrors when the country is about to drive off a cliff.

Honda confirms plan to close Swindon plant with loss of 3,500 jobs

"Honda has confirmed it will close its factory in Swindon, with production to shut down in 2021.

The Japanese car manufacturer's only UK plant employs 3,500 staff and makes 150,000 Honda Civics each year. Honda said the decision was part of a plan to accelerate its commitment to electric cars and was not related to Brexit.

It comes after a series of car manufacturers including Nissan and Jaguar Land Rover have announced plans to either cut UK jobs or shift production to other countries.

Car manufacturers are dealing with Brexit, the shift to electric cars, plummeting demand for diesel vehicles and a slowdown in key markets such as China.

Katsushi Inoue, Honda's chief officer for Europe, said the company was dealing with "unprecedented changes" affecting the industry.

"As a result, we have had to take this difficult decision to consult our workforce on how we might prepare our manufacturing network for the future," he said. "This has not been taken lightly and we deeply regret how unsettling today’s announcement will be for our people.”"

Comment

Hey at least it’s less jobs for the immigunts right?

Comment

Of course it's to do with Brexit. The EU arranges an amazing trade deal with Japan that we won't be able to compete with on price after leaving the EU unless we arrange the same trade deal, but the uncertainty is forcing everyone's hands to take decisive action to protect their interests.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I can't help but feel it's straw to Corbyn haters clutch at and hit him with, but who knows?
                      It's all smoke and mirrors when the country is about to drive off a cliff.
                      Just not in a Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        Just not in a Honda.
                        Problem, too, as you might survive. Those things are well-made. Now you'll have to do it in an Austin Metro and you'll go past the gates of hell in flames.

Comment

I feel like I always need to prefix these posts with I VOTED REMAIN:

The Swindon Honda Plant is closing down. It's not moving to another EU country. It was the only production plant in any EU country apart from one in Belgium that basically stores parts AFAIK and they said it's not because of Brexit. They have zero reason to lie if Brexit is the real reason?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            Just not in a Honda.
                            Just gold. Here, have the internet for today, you earned it.

Comment

I was mildly interested when The Independent Group announced their plans to leave Labour and form a new party.

Then I discovered:
                              1. They're registered as a private company, not a political party, so they don't have to declare where their donations come from.
                              2. They didn't vote against the Tories' Welfare Bill.
                              3. They're all a bunch of self-serving douchebags.

Comment

Par for the course. Whenever something is pitched as centre-anything these days, read: right.

Comment

Working...
                                X